FL FL - Fort Lauderdale, WhtFem 756UFFL, 21-35, in drainage ditch, Jun'74

I searched for a light blue scarf blouse and this is one type. I remember these type blouses in the early 1980s. The scarf or tie piece was connected to the collar. They were typically worn as office wear with a skirt. At times ladies would wear one to dress up a pair of jeans when they went out clubbing, dancing, etc.

Clothing and Shoes: High heeled shoes with cork soles. Light blue scarf blouse with a manufacturer's tag reading "Climax by David Howard." Blue jeans with silver zipper and a silver button. Dark blue underpants. Narrow (@ 7/16" wide) belt with silver color dots on outer aspect.

Etsy has vintage David Howard clothing from this era. I didn’t see a blouse I thought would match the description tho.

Search words:
Climax by David Howard light blue scarf blouse 1974

Scarf Blouse BLUE/WHITE for Women | Balenciaga

324051.jpg

This is the closest I could find when I searched for them myself, as scarf blouses were before my time.

(RustyZipper.Com Vintage Clothing)

The timing here is a clue. I don't think she had been deceased for long considering it was southeast FL in June. They've used the word putrefaction and that leads me to believe death was a few weeks earlier at most. She was found in a ditch so, not likely any protection from the heat, plus June is the beginning of the rainy season.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Putrefaction - Wikipedia

The Doe Network: Case File 756UFFL
Unidentified White Female
    • The victim was discovered on June 19, 1974 in Ft. Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
    • Cause of Death: Undetermined, possibly Homicide
Vital Statistics
    • Estimated age: 19-35 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 122 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown, shoulder-length hair; brown, possibly grayish, eyes. No scars, tattoos or identifying marks.
    • Clothing: High heeled shoes with cork soles; light blue scarf; blouse with a manufacturer's tag reading "Climax by David Howard;" blue jeans with silver zipper and a silver button; dark blue underpants; narrow (7/16" wide) belt with silver color dots on outer aspect.
    • Jewelry: Necklace (possibly chain link); single white metal, hoop earring; square-faced watch with Roman numerals.
    • Dentals: All natural teeth present except for left 1st molar; several teeth had fillings.
Case History
The victim was located in a drainage ditch at 112th Avenue, near Hiatus Road, south of State Road 84 in unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on June 19, 1974.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:

Broward County Medical Examiner Office
954-327-6542
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
1974-00789

Source Information:
FLUIDDB
NamUs
756UFFL.jpg

Also, I think it helps to pick a specific thing: go with (for ex)- white female, 1930, age 20-30, florida...and we can start clearing cases. The most obvious and easiest to match should be done first (some of these are super easy and should've been matched a LONG time ago)...but that's irrelevant now. If we clear the easy/known cases, it will shrink the pool for unknowns/not easy to match...and if we work together and do it quickly...we can get 20k missing down to 1 or 2.

Good afternoon friends...just an update on a few of these: submitted today 2/3/23...
NOT A MATCH:
Amy Billig: Florida, NAMUS Case: - Missing Person Case (namus.gov) doe file: 18DFFL - Amy Billig (doenetwork.org)
Match that is NOT correct (submitted to LE previously and ruled out): UID: Unidentified Person Case (namus.gov) & same person doe: 756UFFL (doenetwork.org)

I have a few more cases I'm looking at and will submit today. I'll try to keep this updated. :)
Who did you speak to?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316