GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s bothering me that she keeps saying it’s unreasonable to believe Sig and Luis hired themselves. Rash is going to be all over that. Charlie testified that he now believes Katie hired them. He says that because the evidence shows that she did hire them. It’s equally unbelievable that Katie would do this herself. Georgia should argue that. Did she forget about this? It bothers me. It’s confusing, it shows how Charlie had to rig his story, it’s important. If Georgia doesn’t address, this, and Rash does, it’s going to make Georgia look bad.

Prize Fighter of Verbosity!!! Only GC can say that with a straight face and dry wit.
(On another day, or lunch break this would be the perfect song to describe CA ** You Talk Too Much** Joe Jones 1960, sheepishly couldn't help but think of it.)

Last edited:
Fab !
- she has brought up the notable fact that Donna never looked at the paper handed to her by the undercover
( Jurors might go back & play that tape again in jury room in case they had missed it earlier. Little details of odd behaviour that jurors can relate to imo)

Last edited:
FL statute of limitations for wrongful death is generally two years from date of death. Wonder if there are any applicable exceptions in this case.

I think that in the State of Florida, there is no statute of limitations for a wrongful death civil lawsuit if the manner of death is MURDER. So the Markels should be able to sue at any time - the best time being immediately after the criminal convictions of the alleged mastermind(s) IMO.

(10) FOR INTENTIONAL TORTS RESULTING IN DEATH FROM ACTS DESCRIBED IN S. 782.04 OR S. 782.07.—Notwithstanding paragraph (4)(d), an action for wrongful death seeking damages authorized under s. 768.21 brought against a natural person for an intentional tort resulting in death from acts described in s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 may be commenced at any time. This subsection shall not be construed to require an arrest, the filing of formal criminal charges, or a conviction for a violation of s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 as a condition for filing a civil action.

I think that in the State of Florida, there is no statute of limitations for a wrongful death civil lawsuit if the manner of death is MURDER. So the Markels should be able to sue at any time - the best time being immediately after the criminal convictions of the alleged mastermind(s) IMO.

(10) FOR INTENTIONAL TORTS RESULTING IN DEATH FROM ACTS DESCRIBED IN S. 782.04 OR S. 782.07.—Notwithstanding paragraph (4)(d), an action for wrongful death seeking damages authorized under s. 768.21 brought against a natural person for an intentional tort resulting in death from acts described in s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 may be commenced at any time. This subsection shall not be construed to require an arrest, the filing of formal criminal charges, or a conviction for a violation of s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 as a condition for filing a civil action.

thanks; good news

Lol! We need a thread to discuss things like this! I live in Florida and while I don’t have mice, I have more terrifying palmetto bug stories than I wish I had. They are huge cockroaches- some are the size of a small dog (ok I exaggerate). If you live in Fla - you have a stories about them!

Anyway! Georgia is so calm and laying this all out nicely! I’m pleased so far!
I'm here in Alabama, just south of Birmingham. Yep, we have 'em all here. Just Saturday afternoon, while my son and daughter-in-law were eating dinner in my kitchen with me -- a hugh Palmetto-sized coockaracha comes strolling across the kitchen floor! My-daughter-in-law fled out the kitchen door onto my balcony (with her birthday gift bag in hand). My son and I just laughed because . . . these things happen when you live in an apartment especially. I doubt my daughter-in-law will want to eat at my place again anytime soon. That's fine since I've been hosting all the birthday and holiday meals for the last five years! Now, I'll be dining at their home!
What would be more scary to me would be living in the Southwest where they have scorpions that come in your house!

Last edited:
Hadn't seen this Donna text until now. ' TV sets'
plural . Is that a typo - I assume so but...

' help you with' ( very vague verb )
View attachment 458603

View attachment 458605
TV sets (plural) in the living room?? I would have imagined that she would have one in the living room, and one in her bedroom. But, I don't "GET" the comment WA texts to CA: "This is so sweet."
Please, someone, draw me a picture.

TV sets (plural) in the living room?? I would have imagined that she would have one in the living room, and one in her bedroom. But, I don't "GET" the comment WA texts to CA: "This is so sweet."
Please, someone, draw me a picture.
I’m not sure that was about the murder. I’m just not. They’re using it because it exists. But, really, what could it be? “this is so sweet that you’re killing my ex husband?” I’m just doubtful. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM