FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why kill Dan? Why not just go to Charlie and threaten to kill him if he doesnt give them 300k in 48 hours?

Are they claiming it was 300k because they’re trying to tie it together with the amount the family was willing to pay for Dan to move? Why? Makes their job more difficult. Why not just say they asked for 100k?

There were LOADS more ways to extort money from CA (killing his brother in law is the least of which). My eyes rolled out of my head long ago.

I have no idea what jurors are thinking... I just hope they are thinking (this one is pretty easy). jmo

It just boggles my mind that these people, who hired a hitman, are all going to get convicted because they were too impatient and spoke on the phone using 'codes' which never hold up. And if they weren't on the phone, they were at a busy restaurant where anyone could sit near them and record. That's why I remember one of the mafia bosses would never talk about crimes inside or on a phone; he'd always talk about it on the street walking. Their impatience is what's going to be the catalyst to justice in this case.

ETA: It would have taken a couple more hours to relay information to each other without using a phone. I guess is what I'm saying, they wanted that immediate gratification of wanting to know the most up-to-date information immediately which I think is going to be their downfall.

Oh and when CA had to have known the police were listening after the sushi incident and couldn't help himself by calling them pot belly pigs.

Last edited:
He actually said it wasn’t going to bring Dan back AGAIN!
I wonder if that has the same effect on the jury as on me. To me it sounds just awful. A murder happens, you know who did it, but you don’t want to report it because it isn’t going to bring the dead person back, and the killer might be after you, too. Just, ugh.

If Luis Rivera was indeed the head of the Latin Kings in Miami, he could've had taken out or ordered CA to be taken out at any time.

Why didn't he ? Because Charlie had already paid up for the hit on DM.
Exactly ... that's why I think there is a little truth sprinkled throughout his story. CA was not trying to hide
extortionx2 - he was hiding the family involvement in a hired hit!! Disgusting!!

What kind of racing? I've been out at the liquor store and other places gathering my refreshments and missed so much since this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graceyfc