FL - Girl, 11, set mom on fire in plot to kill her, Clearwater, 29 Dec 2009

omg - she must've been devastated when she found out her 'baby' did this to her

but I want to know why a 15 year-old teen thought it was normal to be dating an 11 year-old girl ... enough so that he bragged about it on ms

aren't most boys at that age going for teens their age or older and don't want to be seen with kids in middle school? or are the boundaries blurring now & they don't care anymore?

Either pedophile in training or due to the fact that she looks like she's his age, he didn't care.

omg - she must've been devastated when she found out her 'baby' did this to her

but I want to know why a 15 year-old teen thought it was normal to be dating an 11 year-old girl ... enough so that he bragged about it on ms

aren't most boys at that age going for teens their age or older and don't want to be seen with kids in middle school? or are the boundaries blurring now & they don't care anymore?

I really don't know LadyL. Thankfully my children and grandchildren dated/dates those around their own age and they could start dating at 16. I have read though that younger and younger girls (even this age) do have older boyfriends. Some of them even becoming pregnant at a very very young age.

I can see where he would brag about it on MS. A lot of parents of either child do not even monitor their child's MS or even know they have one. I did notice that he did say they had just gotten back together again. So it does make me wonder if the mom broke it up and they snuck around and were together again. This girl sure doesn't look like my 11 year old grandchild. She looks more like 15 in her photo, imo.

It is obvious that the mother who received 2nd degree burns on her body was very lacking when it came to her child and that is an understatement but for all we know she may have tried to continually stop this relationship and that added fuel to the flames (no pun intended).

I am not so quick to assume that all 7 calls to the police in the last year were because of DV toward the daughter by the mother. There may have been calls made because both the boy and girl were acting violently or threatening even back then. On that we will have to wait and see just who made the calls and what the circumstances were.

I must agree with Lonetraveler on this one though. We must hold the ones who did these horrific crimes accountable for if we do not and excuse their behavior each and every time due to having a dysfunctional life then they will never have accountability or remorse for what they have done.

Millions upon millions of households across our country unfortunately have dysfuctionality in them and the vast majority of them do not do unspeakable acts like this one.

imo

11-year-old girl accused of trying to kill mother released

By MARK DOUGLAS | News Channel 8
and STEPHEN THOMPSON | The Tampa Tribune

Published: January 13, 2010

CLEARWATER - A judge this afternoon ordered the release of Samantha Broadhead, the 11-year-old girl accused of trying to kill her mother by setting her bed on fire in Clearwater. Broadhead will be in the custody of an aunt in Polk County, said Pinellas circuit judge Jack Day.

The Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office has filed a petition charging the girl with attempted murder. The office also plans to file a petition against her boyfriend, Jack Ault, 15, with the same charge, said Assistant State Attorney Joe Walker.

The two are being prosecuted as juveniles, not adults, Walker said. The pair was taken into custody Dec. 29. In court, Walker said the victim, Nancy Broadhead, asked that her daughter not be prosecuted as an adult.

At the end of the court hearing, Nancy Broadhead said, "Hey Sam," to which the girl, before she was lead away, turned around. "I love you,'' her mother said to her.

Before Samantha is released to her aunt, Linda, who lives in Lakeland, some issues involving her psychiatric treatment, including medication, have to be resolved. Roger Futerman, the girl's attorney, said outside court that he expects those issues to be resolved by tomorrow.

more here

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/ja...used-trying-kill-mother-releas/news-breaking/

very disturbing.
self imposed exile from websleuths mmay be rapidly approaching......

very disturbing.
self imposed exile from websleuths mmay be rapidly approaching......

I feel badly for thinking it but I was thinking, "this kid does not belong in society"...

Just when I think it can't get worse, it does. JMO.

I feel badly for thinking it but I was thinking, "this kid does not belong in society"...

Just when I think it can't get worse, it does. JMO.

reading all this i'd say none of these people involved do :banghead:

<snip>

Associated Press - January 20, 2010 10:54 AM ET

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A potential trial date has been set for an 11-year-old Clearwater girl accused of trying to kill her mother by setting her bed on fire.

The girl appeared in juvenile court Wednesday morning. Her trial date is March 24.

Her attorney said juvenile department officials recommended potential sanctions for the girl. Although the attorney and prosecutors are preparing for a potential trial, it's also possible a plea bargain could be reached.

The girl was charged with attempted murder and released to the custody of an aunt pending trial.

http://www.fox4now.com/global/story.asp?s=11851300

No jail in burning-bed case after 'lifetime of abuse'

By MARK DOUGLAS | News Channel 8
Published: March 8, 2010

CLEARWATER - An 11-year-old girl left court today facing no jail time and no criminal record even though she admits trying to kill her mother by setting her bed on fire.

A judge agreed with attorneys in the case that Samantha Broadhead acted only after a lifetime of abuse at the hands of Nancy Broadhead, starting with heavy drinking while the woman carried her child in the womb and ending the day the bed went up in flames.

On that day, Dec. 29, four days after Christmas, Samantha had awakened to a slap in the face from her mother.

Along the way, the state Department of Child and Family Services investigated Nancy Broadhead for neglect and abuse on half a dozen occasions. An older son was taken from her in a divorce, and Samantha was taken from her twice by DCF, but she retained custody of the girl through the years.

How could that be?

"The state attorney said it was a product of legislative intent," said Samantha's attorney, Roger Futerman. "The ultimate goal is to reunite mother and child."

Now, mother and daughter will be separated by court order.

Staying away is one condition of Samantha's probation. She also must refrain from contact with her co-defendant and boyfriend, Jack Ault, who at age 15 was sentenced to a juvenile offenders program for his part in the murder attempt.

In addition, juvenile court Judge Jack Day ordered Samantha to undergo treatment in a residential psychiatric center; stay away from drugs and alcohol; do 50 hours of community service; remain close to Lakeland, where she is living with an aunt; and write a letter of apology to her mother.

"You can make the rest of your life a whole lot better than everything that led up to your 12th birthday," Judge Day told the girl, who turns 12 Friday.

much more here

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/mar/08/no-jail-burning-bed-case-after-lifetime-abuse/news-metro/

I sure hope this girl uses the leniency the court gave her to heal & overcome her life's trauma....It's scary that she's out on the street but it's also so sad kids like her don't get attention/intervention they need until they go too far.....I just don't wanna read about her in another few years.

Well slap my face and call me stupid, but I think BOTH of these kids should have been punished, although I think the judge was prudent in severing the mother/child relationship between Samantha and her mom.

I am SO glad I didn't go into law as I would not be able to make a decision that did not include a punishment for both of these kids.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back