FL- Girl 12, found dead at abandoned cement plant

I keep seeing updates on this thread but when I get here I don't see anything new...hmmm? Maybe due to posts I cannot see?

If you've blocked someone (and this thread spawned a ton of bad blood, lord knows) that can happen.

I am content, must be, to let it die a natural death. There is no longer a case here IMO so why are we still right fighting exactly? Who benefits from that? Rebecca? Her mean girls?

I am content, must be, to let it die a natural death. There is no longer a case here IMO so why are we still right fighting exactly? Who benefits from that? Rebecca? Her mean girls?

I definitely want bullying/torment to stop. I want abuse from parents to stop. I want kids/adults to seek out treatment for depression. If it takes keeping Rebecca in the news then I am all for it. I will also defend Grady Judd...people are talking about him that no very little about him...they don't live in the community...the majority of the people are happy with him...as evidenced by being elected in 04, 08, and 12. The Christmas parade alone proved the approval of the citizens by the roaring crowd for him...the loudest applause and hollering...even against Santa. I do understand your perspective of letting it go and to stop fighting...I know I'm not... I just ignore what is disturbing...be open minded to what I may not agree with and defend what I absolutely believe in...and above all else... I hope someone's life is saved if it means one mega bully stops...one person seeks help for depression...or one parent becomes a better parent in Rebecca's name...because they heard about this case in the news.

LEMON: CNN's Deborah Feyerick.

Now I want to bring in one of the girls who was accused of stalking Rebecca Sedgwick. The charges against Kaitlyn Roman were dropped last month. She joins me now along with her mother, Michelle Gill.

Welcome to both of you.

How are you doing, Kaitlyn?

KAITLYN ROMAN, ACCUSED OF STALKING REBECCA: I'm doing good (sic).

LEMON: Yeah? When do you first remember meeting Rebecca?

ROMAN: Well, it was when I first started middle school in sixth grade. I met her in a class. Instantly, we became friends.

LEMON: What was she like? You were friends with each other, right?

ROMAN: Yeah. She was so nice and fun. I loved hanging out with her. He would do everything together.

LEMON: So what happened with that friendship?

ROMAN: Well, one of the girls had told me like Rebecca was a liar and that I shouldn't be her friend. And I didn't want to get bullied by her because she had all these other girls on her side. So I stopped being friends with Rebecca.

LEMON: So whether did you become Guadalupe Shaw's -- a girl -- the other girl accused in connection with this case?

ROMAN: Well, I met her at school, too, in one of my classes I had also with her.

LEMON: Yeah. Did she bully Rebecca?

ROMAN: I don't know if she did. But according to the messages she did have some part in it.

LEMON: Did you bully Rebecca?

ROMAN: I mean, I would probably -- could have handled things differently. But I don't believe that I bullied her. I think I could have handled things differently, yes. But I did not bully her.

LEMON: What would you have done differently?

ROMAN: Well, maybe I could have, like, not listened to Guadalupe and been her friend and stay there for her. But I was scared. I didn't want to get bullied.

LEMON: Mom, I want to talk you to. The school informed you that Kaitlyn was bullying your daughter?

MICHELLE GILL, MOTHER OF KAITLYN: Did the school inform me that Kaitlyn was bullying --

LEMON: That -- that your daughter was bullying Kaitlyn. Pardon me.

GILL: That Kaitlyn was bullying Rebecca?

LEMON: Yes.

GILL: No.

GILL: No, they did not call me. No, they did not.

LEMON: How did you find out?

GILL: When my daughter was arrested in my front living room.

LEMON: And you are -- I understand that, you know, as I reported at the top all the charges have been dropped. You didn't find out until your daughter was arrested in your living room. I would imagine you're pretty angry about it.

GILL: In a million years, I never thought that they would arrest Kaitlyn. I thought they would have gone further into this. There were numerous people at Kaitlyn's school that this happened to. I did not think that they would be arresting my child.

LEMON: Kaitlyn, did you --

GILL: And, yes --

LEMON: Go ahead, mom.

GILL: And, yes, it upsets us greatly. And it makes -- it would make any parent angry to have their child dragged out in handcuffs out of their own home.

LEMON: Kaitlyn, did you know that he, Guadalupe, told Rebecca to "Drink bleach and die"? What did you know about that?

ROMAN: I didn't know that. But when I found out that she had said that, I thought, oh, my god, how could she have said that? I had known Guadalupe. I didn't think she could say something like that.

LEMON: Did you know she was being picked on at school and online as well?

ROMAN: I didn't know that. We had got -- me and her had got into a fight and I didn't know other people were bullying her. I just know that Guadalupe probably was, and I didn't want to get bullied by the other kids.

LEMON: I'm sure you remember and all of your friends and people at the school remember when they found out about Rebecca's death.

ROMAN: Yeah. When I found out, I was in class. They had said, yeah, Rebecca died. I was just like, no, she didn't, stop lying. I was like, she can't die, she couldn't have. And then someone showed me on their phone and I was like, oh, my god, she's gone. And I started to cry. I was so mad at the world, you know, that she was gone.

A quick note on an old post by ArianeEmory: I do not think Katelyn is living with her step-father, I think she is living with her biological father and a step-mother. It is likely she used to live with, or was visiting, her biological mom when the (alleged) molestation by step-dad occurred.

While I have absolutely no doubt that she dropped her friendship with Rebecca over fear of being bullied, I in no way believe she "didn't know" and "didn't do it". The two statements themselves are conflicting. You're scared this person is going to bully you if you don't step in line, but you didn't know what she was doing or what she was capable of? Eek.

One thing is for sure, I doubt she will ever stand silent for bullying again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back