FL FL - Heather, 28, & Kira Radcliffe, 6, Gainesville, 9 December 2006

Meow (and everyone else),

From what I know so far: Kira did try to call a family friend who was also a police office from the home phone. Kira mis-dialed the number and it never went through to the friend. They pulled phone records. Wonder why she didn't call 911. All the information I have is from the articles...that's it. I don't know what time the phone call was made. I can try to e-mail the Detective and ask. I haven't gotten a response from her yet. Will try to reach her on Monday.

I'm thinking Kahma was shot. I have heard nothing on autopsy or COD for Kahma. I do think there had to be a silencer on the gun....houses there are close together and I doubt three shots (possible more with Kahma) could have been fired without awakening someone. I don't think the place had a Florida room. Haven't gotten a chance to drive by...will try to do that soon.

I have the owner's name for where Heather worked: Anthony Dobosiewicz.
Wonder if he has any internet footprints. Will start looking.

About the tire slashing...here's the only snippet about it: "Several months ago, Heather Radcliffe told a friend that her tires had been slashed, said the friend, who declined to be identified because of safety concerns. Heather Radcliffe believed she knew the person responsible, the friend said."

Heather's dad did say that no one was bothering her at the time...happy spirits, etc. So, I don't know how long ago the tire slashing was. I'm waiting to hear back from her dad to see if I can post more about what he said about Heather and Kira in an e-mail - loving remembrances of Heather and Kira. From what I gather, Heather and Kira were full of life, happy, looking forward to their future.

I'm guessing LE has looked at who slashed the tires...wish we could talk to the friend, but I understand why she wouldn't want to be identified.

Meow, I too believe this case will be solved with a slip of the tongue. The only thing I can think of is to keep putting the word out...casting my net wide with friends...explaining to them what happened, what to listen for, etc.

I think I might have just remembered a friend of a friend who is in the same line of work...will call and see IIRC.

I agree about past tangles with LE. I don't think it had anything to do with this.

To my very dearest Truthful Lies,:blowkiss:
First I would like to say that I am sorry that this case is near to you.

Forgive me but I am posting this in haste.
Was the dog checked for DNA in its mouth incase it bite the killer or killers?
Have the hospitals been made aware of any potential dog bite wounds that would be treated during that time? Even if it is days after the crime. If the dog did bite anyone, the bite would have been infected.
Has anyone been released from prison lately with any of the MO's been checked? Not just local Florida prisons, but any prison out of state that has an address listed in an interstate compact as a private residence or custodial residence in or near Gainesville.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

The above questions are very good ones. I wish we knew for sure if the man had his hand wrapped in something or if he had a gun wrapped. It doesn't make sense that he had the gun wrapped because most guys carry their guns in the waistband at the back of their pants. Sounds like he might have grabbed a kitchen towel or something and wrapped his hand up in it. I hope the dog took a good size chunk out of it.

I wonder if LE checked the guys on her job to see if any of them had a dog bite on a hand or anything wrong with their hand. I hope they did. He probably went to his doctor for a rabies shot thinking that his doc wouldn't think anything of it. He could make up a story about how he got bit. LE should be sending a memo to all doc's in that area.

Truthful, can you call and leave a message for the detective or send an email and ask if they have done the above? If they haven't maybe they will. I think it will end up being someone on the job too. Unless she had just dumped some guy and he wasn't going to be dumped I can't think of anyone who would have a motive to kill her. I wonder if anyone working with her has been in prison. I hope LE checked that out right away.

Hi Dark Shadows =) i like your thinking with the DNA on the dog angle.. the dog was found in the study which was one of the areas of the home heavily damaged by fire. I hope the perp got bit by the dog and his bite gets infected to the extreme gangrene end..
I'm not sure of how much fire can damage DNA evidence and the degree on that and all..
Truthful, in the area where Heather lived, was it developed a lot or was there still a lot of tracts of land left? I'm asking as i was wondering if there are hunters around there. (gunshots would be common or not) If the perp had used a silencer, it would have to be figured out if it was a homemade one (attachment to the gun or holes drilled through the barrel to muffle it) Hopefully ballistics would be able to tell what type of gun from the bullets.. Most handguns have a short barrel so i doubt the perp drilled holes into it; it sounds like they had acquired either a silencer attachment or made one. Recalling the article where LE said the individual was "highly thought of" i would guess the individual would also have access to silencers and not make their own. Doubtful the perp had a license for the silencer.. it could have been bought illegally or under the counter somewhere.. i'm wondering if ballistics would be able to tell from the bullets if a silencer was used.. If the murderer had used a disposable silencer such as a 2 liter bottle to muffle the sound, then i would think it would have burned up in the fire also... they would have to check for a 2 liter cut in half plastic, i guess..
..i just had a brainstorm.. would it be possible that this killer was dressed as a cop and that's why Kira didn't call 911 and called the family friend instead? If a silencer was used then he's definitely into all that and i wouldn't be surprised if he ran into their house in BDU's (battle dress uniform) or SWAT pants in dark blue or black with cargo pockets. I could see how the outfit would be confusing to a child...

Have the people Heather interacted with either directly or indirectly been questioned? For example did Heather have conflicts with people at her work place, school, neighborhood, etc.?

Had she ever called 911 for help in a domestic situation?
Was she on good terms with her daughter's father?

Hi Philamena, the daughter's father i belive is incarcerated so he's out of the question and has not been involved in his daughter's life at all.. i would think maybe someone she works with..

I am still unclear by the news articles if there is a suspect or not. The way I read the article was that Heather was highly thought of in the community, not that there was a suspect that was....now lack of sleep could be distorting my memory. So what we have here is quite a tangle:
A murder that has some kind of sexual component, whether or not an assault was completed. The perp was in a hurry, probably surprised by the dog and or the child.

Why would the child call the house of a family friend instead of 911? Perhaps the family friend was involved? Just throwing it out there...

Seems that a year later, there is still some evidence that can be gathered such as DS suggestion of DNA in the mouth of the dog-were the remains of the dog destroyed does anyone know?

...Why would the child call the house of a family friend instead of 911? Perhaps the family friend was involved? Just throwing it out there...
This really perplexed me, too. I think that most children are taught to call 911 in case of emergency, aren't they? I know that, if I had a small child, this is what I would teach him/her to do.

I hope that the police are thinking about this one as I really think that this is a clue that may indicate that the perp was known to the mother and child. If it were a stranger, a child may instinctly dial 911 for help.

It's such a weird case as to why didn't Kira just dial 911 which is less numbers and quicker than a 7 digit number. If she knew the murderer, then the murderer likely knew about her also and would have been more prepared in his evil. That's why i had a thought maybe this guy was dressed up as some kind of figure of authority which would confuse Kira and she would try to call the family friend who was on the police force. I'm sure the killer was known to Heather and Kira on some level.
I'm sure the dog, Kahma, had been to the Vet's for at least shots or a checkup and LE needs to get the medical records from the vet's office. A lot of times bloodwork is done at the vet's and if the dog's remains were destroyed in the fire or otherwise, there should be something on record at the vet's. The fire was heavily concentrated on the left side of the house (the dog's body was found in the study where the roof had caved in from fire damage) and i would guess the perp set fire to the area of Heather's bedroom also, trying to eliminate both areas where the most potential evidence DNA or otherwise would be.
If the killer was in the process of sexually assaulting Heather and Kira walked in or was heard with the telephone, then the killer would have to act quick to choke her into unconsciousness and then pour down fire accelerants into two different areas of the house, make sure both were ablaze and then get out of the house quickly before getting eyebrows, hair singed on fumes. If gasoline was used, it will burn off the fumes alone and if this guy was close enough, it is possible he singed some hair such as eyebrows. Did anyone of the suspects get a haircut around that time? It sounds like this guy was really cutting it close with his timing as a neighbor saw a man unidentified running from the house while it was ablaze at 6:30am. He was also carrying something unidentified in his hand, which my guess would be was the gun wrapped in something. Be kinda hard to burn the gun.. Then there is the whole question of the dog, Kahma, and was the dog neutralized first as it would pose the biggest threat of attack and noise? Kahma's body was found in the study of the house, which would have been right next to Kira's bedroom. At what point did Kira wake up and realize something was wrong or was she hiding from the killer at first and identified him and he caught her while trying to call the family friend? I would think she had to see him at some point before he saw her in order for her to get to a phone and call the friend's number instead of just 911. He would have caught her in the act with the phone.
3 gunshots, all lethal, is overkill. The sexual element is domination and power on the killer's behalf.
This guy may be caught by a drunken slip of the tongue at a bar, or a festering dog bite.

Bumping up to see if anything is new on this case*

We'll keep having faith, sooner or later someone will slip up and be caught.

Sorry for my absence...this case really bothers me and I had to take a breather. I wish there was something to report. I never heard back from the detective on the case.

Hi Guys - I just want to add my two cents here, I hope no one minds.

From the snippets of the articles it sounded to me like the dog died from the fire and not necessarily by the perp's hand so to speak.

Then, I hope I'm not out of line here, but I work at City Hall in my town and I often work with tree arborists for various reasons, but mainly because a permit is required before chopping down any native California tree. Where I'm going with this....... I don't know what the rules are for tree removals in Florida, but one of the early articles said the suspect was "well thought of." Could it be someone from City Hall? Are permits required? As someone who was moving up in her company - that generally means more paperwork and less field work. Could Heather have been the person in the company that obtained permits? Could she have had to go before the town council? Could the suspect be a City Manager, Community Development Director or a City council member?

Also, what are the chances that this was a married man and Heather spurned him because she did not want to get involved in such a situation?

Just some thoughts given my experience with the local arborists in my community.

Salem

Salem, wow, you bring up some very good ideas.. i was never aware of permits and all, so it is good that you are knowledgeable about that. In one of the articles they spoke of someone being "highly thought of in the community" and if it was someone involved in city hall, that would definitely fit.. In that article i wasn't sure if they were speaking of Heather and Kira or the suspect or persons of interest. It was in present and singular tense so i didn't think they would be referring to Heather and Kira in that article; this gives a new angle to things!!
Thank you =)

I hope it helps MeoW - way to long for the perp to continue running free!

Salem

Hello, I am the brother of Heather and Uncle to Kira. I want to thank you for your thoughts and continued interest in bringing out ideas.

Let me start with the idea that there is a suspect from the city government. This I do not believe. Sgt. Kameg's quote "What we're finding out is this individual is so highly thought of in the community, we're doing everything we possibly can," refers to my sister. She was very well known and loved in the community. It is her wide network of friends, business associates, and customers he was referring to here. She was born and lived all her life in Gainesville.

What has made this case so difficult to solve is the fire. If the fire didn't destroy evidence then the water and actions needed to put it out did.

To be honest I don't remember how the dog died. I do believe it was from the fire, but the idea that the murderer may have been bitten is a good one and one I am going to check up on. I do know Heather's dog was a very loving and forgiving dog, but if he detected problems prior to his being placed in the room he was found in, one I understand my sister did not place him in alone since he was free to roam the house, he could have bitten the murderer.

The lead detective continues to work on this case and stays in touch with the family. They do seem to be at a dead end currently though so any thoughts from outside the box you can think of would be great.

Thanks again.

Welcome ncgator!

Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved sister and niece.

Is there any information that you can share with us? I assume that you have read our posts to date. Are there any questions that we have posted that you can answer??

Please feel welcome to come here anytime and grieve, yell, vent, or whatever. You will be among great people who truly care to find justice for Heather and Kira.

I'm sure others will post much more eloquently than I just did when they see your post.

Welcome and my condolences, NCGator...what a horrible crime! Would you give us an idea of anything you find out regarding whether or not your sister's dog was processed? I though the idea of swabbing the dog's mouth was inspired, and may help jumpstart the case if there is little physical evidence.

please consider all of us footsoldiers on your quest to bring the murderer to justice.

Speaking of permits for tree removal; I know that some had mentioned the possibility of tree removal workers etc...being in the area at the time-wonder if LE considered that avenue as well and pulled any permits for work in her area?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back