Identified! FL - Homosassa, Human remains in woods, Jan'15 - George Zelaya

Remains matched to man missing since 2005
By Buster Thompson
Monday, February 22, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Police have found the final resting place of a missing Homosassa man, but have yet to discover why or how 61-year-old George “Skip” Zelaya met his end.

Authorities confirmed Monday that a set of skeletal remains found in January 2015 in a wooded area of Homosassa belong to Zelaya, according to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office. Zelaya was reported missing to the sheriff’s office January 2005.

The sheriff’s and medical examiner’s offices are still continuing investigations into the cause and manner of Zelaya’s death.

That would be correct that dental records would be much quicker. However, we do not know my dads dentist and they do not have his dental records. They only have DNA from him and two of his daughters. Only the person he was living with at the time would know and LE "wants to respect her privacy". Whatever!! Does anyone have an idea of how long it should take before forensics would come back with a profile, or how long it would take for my dads DNA to be matched to the bones DNA??? I would hope they would expedite it being they could rule out a missing person quickly. I hope and pray this is my dad - all of his kids do.

I'm sorry for the length of time it took to get the answer. I'm sorry for your loss but glad you found him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My deepest sympathies on your loss, Skip's Daughter.

Sleuthster, wasn't it you who mentioned Skip's name? Congratulations for the match and I'm so sincerely sorry for the family and hope they can find peace now that he's been found. Not knowing is agonizing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back