FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i read correctly they used ground radar so if she was just below the surface they wouldn't miss it using the ground radar. Iam thinking this tip came about now because of the timing was it not an anniversary date recentlly someone sees a few clips of drew kesse talking and starts rehashing old secrets maybe while out at a bar with a relative and the date I think would also play a role in police going out and doing a big search .Regardless seems so far like another dead end at this point hopefully something pans out for the kesse's sake I hope they get thier awnsers soon ..

I saw a mention of Hattaway here in this thread, Is this the same James Hattaway who is currently a suspect in missing persons case Tracey Ocasio, as well as the man seen leaving the scene where missing persons Onda George? This would make him linked to 3 missing persons case?

yes, details in this and prior threads, but Jennifer had just moved two months earlier from area where Hataway was and they were members of same gym, and Hataway even worked there a little as I understand it.

Also Jennifer had gone to sports bar in area where Hataway frequented, IIRC.

Not known that she knew him, but perhaps too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

rd

actually its the same bar that tracy ocasio was seen leaving with hattaway the night she dissapeared thats where all the links have been made from him to tracy and with jen's case.

Million dollar reward expires tonight for missing Gaither graduate
Feb 24, 2010

A million dollar reward posted in the Jennifer Kesse case is about to expire, but the mystery of what happened to the Gaither High School graduate still has not been solved.

It's been over four years since the then 24 year-old disappeared from her apartment in Orlando. Kesse graduated from Gaither High School in Tampa and her family still lives in the Bay area. The Kesses put up the huge reward last month, but it expires tonight.

"Unfortunately, the phones haven't rang,'' said Kesse's mother, Joyce Kesse.

Last week, police follower up a tip and dug up a vacant field in Orlando. Officers spent hours searching along South Orange Blossom Trail, near where Kesse disappeared. The search came up empty.

"That was probably the second worst day of our lives,'' Joyce Kesse said. "We've had a lot of roller coasters, but that one was just of a completely different intensity.''

[snipped]
There remains a $10,000 reward for the suspect and a $15,000 reward through a crime line for information leading to Jennifer.

Article: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/fe...ward-expires-tonight-missing-gait/news-metro/

Video with Joyce Kesse: http://www2.tbo.com/video/2010/feb/24/kesses-reward-to-expire-98243/video-news/

I hate to be the one to bring up bad news but besides the like 6 or 7 people in the world that arent thinking straight and keep bringing up this sex trade she was taken in too .Be sides that i do not know why they even bother to raise the reward why u ask because it allways states that the reward will be distributed upon jennifers SAFE RETURN.. so for the rest of us who may not wanna admitt it and hate to even think it we all know she is deceased and there is absolutlly no way in hell she is gonna be able to be brought home alive and safe so why not throw out a billion dollar reward if something is physically impossible which i am sure that it is impossible for her to come home safe and alive now this raising of the reward is completly useless .....I think they should raise all the money they can and whatever the amount get on tv and just tell it like it is heres the reward u can make it annonamously but here is the whatever amount say 200.000 for a tip to find her remains ...you keep putting that u get the tip when she is brought home saftly well that kinda defeats the purpose we know she is gone so he or she knows theres no point in calling in a tip..id bet if who ever puts this one million dollar tip up...I bet that if he did that and went on tv and said its yours and u can remain anonamous if u just lead us to where the remains are and watch how many tips you get ..but saying u only get the money on her safe return defeats the purpose i bielieve they know she is dead so they know they cant get the reward....but if its for the remains then they or someone will know ok this is actually can do and recieve an award for it ...

I know that it is hard for parents to give up on the idea of "safe return," but your point makes sense. It could even distinguish between the mega reward for the "safe return" and for a perhaps lesser amount for information leading to "solving" the case of her disappearance.

Million dollar reward expires tonight for missing Gaither graduate
Feb 24, 2010

A million dollar reward posted in the Jennifer Kesse case is about to expire, but the mystery of what happened to the Gaither High School graduate still has not been solved.

It's been over four years since the then 24 year-old disappeared from her apartment in Orlando. Kesse graduated from Gaither High School in Tampa and her family still lives in the Bay area. The Kesses put up the huge reward last month, but it expires tonight.

"Unfortunately, the phones haven't rang,'' said Kesse's mother, Joyce Kesse.

Last week, police follower up a tip and dug up a vacant field in Orlando. Officers spent hours searching along South Orange Blossom Trail, near where Kesse disappeared. The search came up empty.

"That was probably the second worst day of our lives,'' Joyce Kesse said. "We've had a lot of roller coasters, but that one was just of a completely different intensity.''

[snipped]
There remains a $10,000 reward for the suspect and a $15,000 reward through a crime line for information leading to Jennifer.

Article: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/fe...ward-expires-tonight-missing-gait/news-metro/

Video with Joyce Kesse: http://www2.tbo.com/video/2010/feb/24/kesses-reward-to-expire-98243/video-news/

I would love to know the details about that tip because it really seems to have set Mr.Kessy off, it seems differant than other tips. Also I wanted to say earlier, it was weird in the press stuff about that search how they declared it "crime area" whats that mean?

I think the detail was that the tipper said it was a family member and that the body was in that field. It had a sound of certainty to it.

Then the dogs hit on a spot and that added to it. Then they brought in the heavy equipment to dig and even then the Kesses were quoted as saying they thought this was it.

So yes, an emotional toll one would hope none of us ever experience.

rd

Well thank you .I thought it made sence also now if someone would just relay that to the OPD and then really get on it and go on all the usuall shows saying just what i said above about getting the reward for letting the familly find her remains for closure ..I really believe if drew went on jvm and NG and exsplain this to the public they stand a good chance of getting that tip///And maybe who ever did it if he is still around and he has told his close buddies maybe he starts acting paranoid enough for someone else to notice ...its worth a shot . so anyone know jane or nancy's home phone number ill give em a shout see what they say...

I think the white substance...concrete powder or? would really be worth looking at

as far as encasing her in concrete however....when they do concrete on these large projects I think there is more than one person needed...and I don't think that a whole group conspired to hide her remains...you would need the huge truck to mix the conceret and people there to guide it

frankly that job is probably NOT given to illegal day laborers

I think it is far more likely that she was forced to some half finished apt and raped and killed and he put her body in a construction bag/s and wheelbarrowed her over to a construction dumpster

My guess "he" is back home in Mexico, El Salvador or wherever..

sad to say this may not have any resolution, maybe he will make a deathbed confession to a Padre?? One can only hope that fate/justice has removed him from the equation....Mexico is a dangerous place outside the tourista areas

I don't "feel" that he is in the Orlando area....no other crimes match this

again : I strongly feel it was a construction worker, probably laborer, illegal...saw her, found a time to snatch her...then he got rid of her body in one of the dumpsters

he took back the car...and went off into the void....

It is sad that Jennifer never got the attention or the searches that other cases have recieved

JMO of course

I have always thought of the scenario of her being put in to a dumpster...and the reason for not being able to find her after this long. If this guy was a "worker"...I don't think he'd have the time to go dig a hole and bury her. IMO. A dumpster would take her right to the landfill. I wonder if they ever searched the landfill around the time of her disappearance. Like Somer Thompson case..
so, so sad. I really want the Kesse family to have closure.

If i remember correctlly when this happened right away they had a team go through some abandoned building somewhere near where her condo was i dont remember what it was an old work building or a old school old hotel but something and the dogs had her scent there as well even to the point they thought she was somewhere in the building and they were gonna find jen but of course they didn't my point though is why are these dogs hitting all over the place i would bet money they have hot on other fields i know they had dug up a diff field so they must of had a dog hit there as well . i know my self i dont put too much credit in them ...when u hear the science about how many times greater they can smell and watch them in a lab do a test and correctlly get it right over and over but its going outside i think where they run in to problems with wind and snow poloution animals garbage tons of stuff ..

IMO, It would have been more than that. Like maybe tip was not anonymous, or person was family of someone they have suspected all along. Something stood out more than ANY other time, and imo they have probally recieved similar tips to a vague "I think so and so did it and buried her ..."even if soso was blood related/family.
sneaking_by_ID_entity.gif

that really wasn't my point //my point was that people get all excited when they hear a dog hit on a person's scent but ill bet ya if their were stats out there it dont turn out to often that the dog has even found something.. that was the point i was trying to make

Dogs hit on the first field search too. Same scenario, brought in the heavy equipment, dug up the spot. Only difference this time was the claim that they knew their relative did it and she was in that field.

So for anyone who says she must have been in field because dog hit, then she was in both fields. Instead of coming to conclusion there's nothing to this stuff of people reporting and dogs hitting on random fields, some come to conclusion there must be something to it.

rd

The dogs are just one of many investigate tools that can be used, right? It’s a large field with a lot of tall grass, trees, and junk. It sounds like they dug and used radar in only 2 areas. In the recent sad case of Andrew Koenig, who committed suicide in a Vancouver park, three authorized search-and-rescue teams had searched the area but didn’t find him. He was found later by one of 11 friends and family members who had organized their own search party. Not saying it’s exactly the same situation as that park was immense, but something to consider about searches. There may be nothing in the field, but might be worth the family having their own search party go in and spend a few days there, including looking for any of Jennifer's missing items. Note that the snip below regarding the tip coming from out of town/state was from a WFTV Feb 19 article posted on another forum, and it appears the article was later updated and that reference removed. Just noting for info.

Also, “Sefora” posted a link to pics of the field she took after the search on the Jennifer Kesse forum – there are other good pics in this album too: http://s896.photobucket.com/albums/ac163/HelpFindJennifer/

Random snips about the search from articles below.

A credible tip in the Jennifer Kesse case led investigators to a vacant field in Orange County Friday, but nothing was found.

"It's an area we're considering a crime area," Orlando police Sgt. Barb Jones said earlier in the day.

Sources told Local 6 that a tipster claiming to be a family member of the person who may have abducted Kesse said Kesse's body is possibly buried in the field.

WFTV reporter Ryan Hughes spoke to Jennifer's dad, Drew, on the phone Friday morning. He said he thought the tip came from out of town or out of state. “I am shaking right now. This one is off the charts,” Drew told Hughes. “It is hitting very hard.”

Sgt. Barb Jones with the Orlando Police Department told Eyewitness News the tip was solidified once a police dog got on scene and focused on something in the ground.

"We have concluded the search of the areas of interest as it related to the Jennifer Kesse Tip. The search yielded negative results," Sgt Barb Jones wrote in a released emailed around 2:40pm.

Orlando police said the area hasn’t officially been dismissed, but Friday’s search is coming to an end.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22610272/detail.html
http://www.wftv.com/news/22610182/detail.html

Even though the search didn't yield results... I hope that somehow this jars something lose.

WE NEED to bring Jenn home to her family.

I am wondering what this lead was that made Drew Kesse so shaken up....maybe if the cops would release something it would stir up memories..

I am wondering what this lead was that made Drew Kesse so shaken up....maybe if the cops would release something it would stir up memories..

More memories to the public ..they dug up a field because they believed her remains were there they brought in a back ho i dont think they need more tips about this one i mean whoever gave it either has the right details or they wouldn't have went right in and dug it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member