FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a picture of a bike messenger to the link from a company that services Orlando.

Note the white jersey.

rd

Good job

I still like that possibility. In the one picture, it did look like there was something by the POI's right ear, but you just couldn't tell for sure.

left

I bet they never put a polygraph on the guy in the video.
Or have they and don't know it. It wouldn't be the first mistake.

I agree, it is almost certainly a 'one person' crime.

I believe what we see in the video might not be what we think.

If the DNA from the car happened to be from soneone who has had legitimate reason to have been in the car where does that leave that evidence?

Just think about this.........if there was a call on her landline either late Monday night or early Tuesday morning who could it have been from?
Especially since it has been kept secret.

I have never seen a messenger or cyclist wear baggy pants to ride in. These are decidedly baggy and not fitted to his form.

Unless he had the bike around the corner, he wouldn't put on the helmet to walk down the street because it would garner extra attention. The only time I have seen this done is if they are pushing their bike. He would carry it. (It doesn't shade the area underneath enough to satisfy me it is a helmet plus a helmet extends further out and with the angles on it..would have light reflecting off it. The hat shows no reflection telling me it is probably cloth and not plastic. No chin strap. It would show in the photo as it comes toward the back of the helmet.

Concerning a messenger service, I don't think this would be a viable option for a girl on a budget buying her first home. They wear specific clothing designating their company & logo. All that I have ever seen wear biking shorts and tops with bright logos/stripes (usually reflective) which can be plainly seen for their safety. (Dispatcher would have recognized the name or address by now with all the publicity if she ever called.) They said both cell phones were still missing which says the phone never arrived plus they would have a time stamp on when they received it...giving them another timeline to work from and starting point...so this leaves out FedX and other mail service. She never made it to a drop.

The dogs might have liked the woods because he cut through the woods to circle back. (we don't know the path the dogs took for certain, do we?) I would buy they were at the stairway because he was there, but would he really leave his bicycle directly below her apartment while attacking her and taking her elsewhere? This guy is smarter.

One reason he reparked the car was to draw less attention to it later. One would assume he was nervous and had parked it too close to or over too much toward the line. He repositioned it straighter because someone would surely complain to management sooner or later. (One thing that struck me I forgot to mention...did you notice the mail truck when the Kesses went to HOTG? He must park there every day about the same time. Did they interview him to see if he noticed the car or anything? I am kind of surprised a mailman wouldn't be looking out for Jenn's car and have spotted it right away two down from his regular parking.)

Chef's also possess muscular legs. They are on their feet and literally running around a kitchen for several hours a day. They lift tons of crated produce, meat, and product. Great for a leg workout!

SS

Everybodies theories have holes in them.

I didn't mention the bicycle messenger, someone else did. However, I think a cyclist is a possible answer.

Did you see the 40 year old virgin? HE rode his bike to work, with the rubber bands around his legs.

A skateboarder is another possibility

I don't think JK buying her first house would stop her from using a messenger service. She just got back from a four day vacation.

Many people use bicycles to get to work, or to exercise,etc. Mountain biking is quite the rage, and a good workout. It doesnt' mean this guy does it for a living.

Who is to say this guy wasn't wearing sweat pants?

I know you are stuck on this guy being a chef. It is possible he is a chef. then again, we don't even know the color of his pants, or shirt, or hair. there are quite a few outfits that could explain his attire. Some think he is a painter, an artist, a decorator, etc.

Most people wouldn't even recognize their own friends from that video, so , I just don't think we can conclude anything, including a man's profession. Heck, we don't even know if it's a man.

A good investigator never rules anything in or out. Hence, I wouldn't rule out anything in this case, and that includes an accomplice, a woman, revenge, traffic altercation, a jealous co-worker, a professional hit, nothing.

left

Regarding the video, I learned today from a Detective working a nearby robbery case that the tape from the cctv was processed in such a way at their lab that they actually have a news camera team come in and retape it off their screen! Absurd as it sounds for a city this size...it is what they do in order to release tapes and still photos. He said because of the timing speed on the cctv. Makes me wonder how LE in Orlando retrieve their tapes.

He will be in my office in the morning and I am going to try to pick his brain further on this case.

SS

Most people wouldn't even recognize their own friends from that video, so , I just don't think we can conclude anything, including a man's profession. Heck, we don't even know if it's a man.

A good investigator never rules anything in or out. Hence, I wouldn't rule out anything in this case, and that includes an accomplice, a woman, revenge, traffic altercation, a jealous co-worker, a professional hit, nothing.

left

I guess the LE/FBI are full of not so good investigators! LOL They ruled out basically 95% of the population.

So what good did it do them to put these photos out there at all?

If you can't rule anything or anyone out...there is no hope for this investigation to go anywhere without a confession, crime scene, or (God forbid) a body.

I agree with most points. I am only suggesting somone, perhaps a bike courier, abducting Jennifer on Orange Blossom near the FedEx on her way to work early. I agree she would not be calling a courier.

rd

Good thoughts SS and not because you happened to kind of agree with some of my thoughts.

I wonder if the suspect was wearing some kind of soft soled boots. His pants might have ridden up and got caught on the tabs up near where the gusset or elastic is.
This distorts the pants. I know this because it happens to me.

Good points too left.

And SS and rd jfc and everyone else.

The quality of the video is why I'm saying the suspect in it could be known to Jennifer.
Heck, even her own family or friends might not recognise him.

I guess the LE/FBI are full of not so good investigators! LOL They ruled out basically 95% of the population.

So what good did it do them to put these photos out there at all?

If you can't rule anything or anyone out...there is no hope for this investigation to go anywhere without a confession, crime scene, or (God forbid) a body.

Every profession has individuals that make mistakes, are lazy, or are just plain stupid. That includes LE.

Once you eliminate someone erroneously from an investigation, you will never solve the case. That is why you need a "high standard" before someone is eliminated. You don't want someone to fall through the cracks. It happens a lot more than most people think.

Actually, LE ruled out just about the majority of men, but, many women fall into the 5"3-5"5 category. LE still keeps open the idea that the POI could be a woman.

So far the photos have not helped at all. It would have been nice if the video and the photos were released at the same time. Especially if LE has DNA and prints to tie the POI to the car. tough call.

It is true, this crime is going to be very difficult to crack, without a confession, a tip from a relative or friend with specific information, or the worse case scenario.

The longer this goes on, the less likely it will be solved. Especially after the release of the new video, one would expect some new tips, and if none come in, then what?

left

Good points too left.

And SS and rd jfc and everyone else.

The quality of the video is why I'm saying the suspect in it could be known to Jennifer.
Heck, even her own family or friends might not recognise him.

True, Especially if the Kesse's hadn't suspected the person of being a violent criminal, or if they only met him once, or if he is someone from college, or from JK's past.

left

Yes, I should have said male population. LE said they are keeping it open to being a woman, but they refer to the suspect as a male constantly! Could be another slip up? Remember the DNA profile!

Yes, I should have said male population. LE said they are keeping it open to being a woman, but they refer to the suspect as a male constantly! Could be another slip up? Remember the DNA profile!

Right, the Fox newscast stated they learned LE had "prints and a possible DNA" from the POI.

Does anybody know where Fox got their information?

If so, what is the source of the DNA? and how does LE know it "definitely" came from the POI?

IF true, is LE obtaining DNA samples and fingerprints from potential suspects?

Does LE even have a "top five" suspect list in which they are confident enough to even check their DNA or Prints to evidence found in Jk's car or elsewhere?

Many rumors, many theories, but few known clues.

left

Good thoughts SS and not because you happened to kind of agree with some of my thoughts.

I wonder if the suspect was wearing some kind of soft soled boots. His pants might have ridden up and got caught on the tabs up near where the gusset or elastic is.
This distorts the pants. I know this because it happens to me.

I contemplated the soft soled boots, but you can clearly see his white sock. *even on the right foot...but it is caught in a motion blur.

The banter we have going is very effective. Rather point/counterpoint. Punching holes in theories is a good thing. If LE had us helping from the beginning (not that they do now or anything)...they would have a great resource on their team. Think tanks are productive.

That Fox outlet is the only place I have seen DNA evidence mentioned.

Why has no other mdeia outlet reported this?

Did it get out by mistake?
Or as left says how do they know it's the perpetrators DNA?

Do they have a suspect but their case still isn't watertight?
If it is a homicide is the lack of a body holding everything up?

I live in denial of the fact that the latest video is all LE had.

Chef?
Cyclist?
Messenger?
Decorater?
Gardener?
Man?
Woman?
Elvis?

I don't mean to be flippant I think there is a lot of good thoughts here just trying to illustrate that there are endless possibilities.(dont stop going for it though folks!)

This case is crying out for a private investigation.

Do you think Orlando PD have thought about this case as much as everyone on this board?

Do you think that much brainstorming has gone on?

I don't personally not because they don't care but because they have a job to do which involves resource, they have crime on a daily basis to deal with.

I have had dealings with the UK police force over the years and I am not always confident in them.

I certainly think there could be something in the chef or cyclist theory.

How often did Jennifer go to the Mall at Milennia?
Did she eat there and if so where?

She lived on her own so maybe not but did she get take out from somewhere?

Most of us have our favourite restaurants or bars.
We are creatures of habit.

LE are not going to walk round every restaurant in the local area looking at the chefs, this needs to be done by a PI or the family.

No luck there then move on to cyclists/messengers/workers.

I don't believe that some criminal mastermind has pulled off a disappearing act here, something or things have been missed in the investigation here in my humble opinion.

The suspect has shown their lack of thought/planning by dumping the car where there is CCTV(If they had to do it in a hurry then more understandable but they still panicked and got caught unfortunately by terrible cameras)

I believe if there is a resolution to this case and the full story comes out it will probably uncover one or more floors in the investigation and that the guilty party has been under LE's noses.

Nice to see you UK. Isn't KP going well!

I think the problem with detectives is the same as a lot of other occupations:

Familiarity breeds contempt.

It can be that simple.

To be fair I would think the guys at OPD have busted their boilers on this case for Jennifer’s parents alone.
Most of them are family men and they understand the Kesses need some kind of closure.

However the trouble for the detectives is there is always another armed robbery, a shooting or a homicide.
It goes on and on and on. Always new pressures, always new demands.

I just hope they know more than we do.

I think it was ES said they look in here.
I hope they do.
We might be armchair detectives but we are trying hard too. And we care.

A very good post there UK.

I along with a lot of others cannot understand why the family didn't hire a good PI.
I would like to see someone in the media ask them why they never did.

Actually I just had the thought they might have hired a PI but we don't know.

UK, you left construction worker off your list! LOL

BTW that 'sock' in the photo could be just the way his pants are flapping.

Why I doubt DNA

Mystery:

When Barbara Jones was on Greta, she said "we are releasing this video because we don't have any leads".

Now, isn't a DNA profile a huge lead?

I just don't understand how LE can be certain they have DNA from the POI

LEt's assume LE does have DNA from the POI

Why hasn't anyone mentioned being tested

Why would LE release the tapes and say "we don't have any leads"

certainly, every investigation has a "top five" suspects. Just take their DNA and prints and test them against the POI

Plus, once LE gets a good suspect, they should be able to compare his profile, walk, build, against the POI

Call me a skeptic, but, I just don't know about the DNA. I hope I'm wrong. It just seems DNA is a "huge" lead. LE said they have no leads.

Anybody else think that maybe fox found out that LE has unidentified DNA from Jk's car, and they don't know if it is a friends, co-worker, etc.

It would certainly be great if LE had DNA of the POI. AS a matter of fact, In my mind, it would at least get a suspect on the map, or arrested for unauthorized use of a vehicle.

that is another problem. Even if the POI is id'd, LE has to prove a crime. All they can prove is "unauth. use of a vehicle". Will Le be able to prove the POI abducted Jk?

Makes me wonder. I hope Fox is correct. One would think that Fox would make certain their information is correct, or could Fox be leaking false information for the police to make the pOI concerned?

Hmm.

Everybody: Why do you think this case is so cold?

left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member