FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
...AS for the bus passes. I don't know where you live. but, where I live, getting information of who used their pass, and who didn't is impossible. In my area, you are not required to punch in your pass, simply show it to the driver or train operator.

JD may have something about the car being parked on a bus path. However, is he suggesting the dogs were incorrect, or what. Plus, most malls have bus terminals, at least where I live. Couldn't the POI simply have walked across the street to the mall to catch the bus?

left
I've never ridden a bus. So, I don't know how it operates. I'm assuming that it is that way here, too. Oh well...

I understand why the perp abducted Jennifer and committed the crime (probably rape and murder, sorry to say) somewhere else. I just don't understand why he would return the car. There was no need to return it. He could have wiped it down and left it anywhere. Why bring it back to the complex the next day? That's taking a huge risk! Cops could have been swarming all over the place. Maybe, he knew they weren't because he works there. However, if he worked there, wouldn't he know that there was a surveillance camera by the pool? Maybe not...

There has to be a reason as to why he brought the car back. It does nothing for him, unless he used it for transportation. What would be another reason for him to take such a huge risk??

I've never ridden a bus. So, I don't know how it operates. I'm assuming that it is that way here, too. Oh well...

I understand why the perp abducted Jennifer and committed the crime (probably rape and murder, sorry to say) somewhere else. I just don't understand why he would return the car. There was no need to return it. He could have wiped it down and left it anywhere. Why bring it back to the complex the next day? That's taking a huge risk! Cops could have been swarming all over the place. Maybe, he knew they weren't because he works there. However, if he worked there, wouldn't he know that there was a surveillance camera by the pool? Maybe not...

There has to be a reason as to why he brought the car back. It does nothing for him, unless he used it for transportation. What would be another reason for him to take such a huge risk??

Nan, I'm confused

You do know that JK's car was dumped at an apartment complex called HOTG, which is one mile away from her condo at MOsaic? Right?

You said, I can't believe he would return the car. I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page.

PLus, if you asssume JK was abducted in the a.m., on the way to work, the perp. only had her car for about 4 hours. The car was dumped at noon, and Jk is thought to have gone missing at about 8am (LE leaves open a time frame of 10pm to 8am).

So, the perp. did kind of just "dump" the car elsewhere. He didnt' take the car back to JK's condo complex.

I agree with the motive, sad to say. Although, I do have a small amount of hope.

to me, the most intriguing evidence, if accurate, is the dog evidence. Did the POI really return to Mosaic after dumping JK's car? Why?

Why was it so soon after the parents alerted Mosaic management?

Maybe it was a coincidence. Jk is abducted at 8 am, taken to a lake, home, etc, the POI cleans up, and dumps the car. But, a lot can happen in 4 hours.

Why wasn't that car dumped immediately after Jk was adbucted? that is odd to me. To have the "*****" to drive someone else's car, to hurt another human, makes you wonder about society.

Anyway, I agree with your theory about why the car is so close.

I've said it a million times. Why didn't the perp. take the car and burn it, crash it into a lake, take it to the other side of town, or not even use it at all.

Another possibility. What about the people who will pretend to be police, and pull over unsuspecting young women. I know a guy was popped in Orlando last June for doing this. Did Orlando PD check him out?

lef t

Nan, I'm confused

You do know that JK's car was dumped at an apartment complex called HOTG, which is one mile away from her condo at MOsaic? Right?

You said, I can't believe he would return the car. I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page.

PLus, if you asssume JK was abducted in the a.m., on the way to work, the perp. only had her car for about 4 hours. The car was dumped at noon, and Jk is thought to have gone missing at about 8am (LE leaves open a time frame of 10pm to 8am).

So, the perp. did kind of just "dump" the car elsewhere. He didnt' take the car back to JK's condo complex.

I agree with the motive, sad to say. Although, I do have a small amount of hope.

to me, the most intriguing evidence, if accurate, is the dog evidence. Did the POI really return to Mosaic after dumping JK's car? Why?

Why was it so soon after the parents alerted Mosaic management?

Maybe it was a coincidence. Jk is abducted at 8 am, taken to a lake, home, etc, the POI cleans up, and dumps the car. But, a lot can happen in 4 hours.

Why wasn't that car dumped immediately after Jk was adbucted? that is odd to me. To have the "*****" to drive someone else's car, to hurt another human, makes you wonder about society.

Anyway, I agree with your theory about why the car is so close.

I've said it a million times. Why didn't the perp. take the car and burn it, crash it into a lake, take it to the other side of town, or not even use it at all.

Another possibility. What about the people who will pretend to be police, and pull over unsuspecting young women. I know a guy was popped in Orlando last June for doing this. Did Orlando PD check him out?

lef t
Well, thanks for clarifying some points for me. :blushing: I did not realize that the car was not left at her complex but one about a mile away. I believe that it may have been a coincidence.

Could this guy have worked at Jennifer's complex and been watching her? Then, there was an opportunity and he reacted on impulse. Maybe, he does work at her complex and called in to say that he was going to be late.

I trust a dog's tracking. How do you know that he was tracking the perp's scent versus tracking Jennifer's scent? If it were the perp's scent, could he have cut through the complex? Where did the scent end? Did he go up to a unit, an office or just stopped in the middle of nowhere?

I find it hard to believe that this is the perp's first time at this. I would think that it takes a lot of nerve to abduct a woman.

Because of this case and others that I have read about, if I am ever in a situation where a perp tries to take me to another location, I will try my best to get away at that location. You are more than likely being taken to a more secluded location where the perp can do what he wants with you and then murder you.

Here's a crime committed in Pascagoula, MS:

Prosecutors said that on Dec. 13, 2005, Williams forced his way into an Azalea Park apartment occupied by a 22-year-old woman. He then forced her to commit a sexual act before tying her up and taking her to the abandoned Brentstone Apartments. There he raped the victim.

"(Williams) had a long history of drug abuse. Unfortunately, this is another example of the effect drugs are having on our community," Lawrence said in a http://www.gulflive.com article.

Well, thanks for clarifying some points for me. :blushing: I did not realize that the car was not left at her complex but one about a mile away. I believe that it may have been a coincidence.

Could this guy have worked at Jennifer's complex and been watching her? Then, there was an opportunity and he reacted on impulse. Maybe, he does work at her complex and called in to say that he was going to be late.

I trust a dog's tracking. How do you know that he was tracking the perp's scent versus tracking Jennifer's scent? If it were the perp's scent, could he have cut through the complex? Where did the scent end? Did he go up to a unit, an office or just stopped in the middle of nowhere?

I find it hard to believe that this is the perp's first time at this. I would think that it takes a lot of nerve to abduct a woman.

Because of this case and others that I have read about, if I am ever in a situation where a perp tries to take me to another location, I will try my best to get away at that location. You are more than likely being taken to a more secluded location where the perp can do what he wants with you and then murder you.

Nan

You're welcome. This is a very complicated story.

Yes, it could be a worker from JK's complex. Many of us think that.

I also very much trust those dogs. I've had experiences with them, and they are usually good at what they do.

AS for whether it was Jk's or the perp's. It would be simple to determine. The dog sniffed the driver's seat, and lead the handler back to Mosaic, and supposedly stopped by Jk's sidewalk, not far from her condo (there are varying reports, one report says by her parking spot, one says her condo door, and another the sidewalk.

One note, if that dog took the same route around the pool, that the video proves the perp. took, it is 99.9% probable the dog was accurate. ACcording to JK's parents, Jk was never, ever, at that complex. So, why would her scent be there. Not to mention we now know the perp. was the driver of the car. Those dogs are tested all the time.

left

Nan

You're welcome. This is a very complicated story.

Yes, it could be a worker from JK's complex. Many of us think that.

I also very much trust those dogs. I've had experiences with them, and they are usually good at what they do.

AS for whether it was Jk's or the perp's. It would be simple to determine. The dog sniffed the driver's seat, and lead the handler back to Mosaic, and supposedly stopped by Jk's sidewalk, not far from her condo (there are varying reports, one report says by her parking spot, one says her condo door, and another the sidewalk.

One note, if that dog took the same route around the pool, that the video proves the perp. took, it is 99.9% probable the dog was accurate. ACcording to JK's parents, Jk was never, ever, at that complex. So, why would her scent be there. Not to mention we now know the perp. was the driver of the car. Those dogs are tested all the time.

left
Thanks for this information. If he stopped on the sidewalk, is there a bus stop there?

I remember reading about a guy who fantasized about abducting, raping and murdering. He actually practiced for his big day. He would pick up hitchhikers. He eventually abducted a woman. I don't know all of the details as to how he was able to get her near his car.

What I am saying is this guy has had practice. I do not believe that this abduction was a dry run, so to speak.

Left wrote:

take the car and burn it

That is a very good point. The perpetrator destroys a whole lot of evidence too.
However instead of that he leaves the car very correctly parked at HOTG.
Not only are these apartments close to Mosaic they are in a straight line and very accessible. You just walk straight down the road.

We have always assumed he was merely buying time by parking at HOTG.
There are many posts above suggesting thought provoking alternatives.

Myserty,

I'm having trouble watching the video again for whatever reason. What I'm talking about is the post you made stating that you can see the suspects' face? for a brief time (in the windshield?) however bad the quality is. I'd really like to see that. I need to go to full screen mode though and i can't get that video to work. Must be my computer.

As for burning the car, I don't think so. That doesn't necessarily eliminate all evidence. But it definitely takes time to do that and it also alerts everyone to the location of the car right away. Many of us agree this suspect wanted to ditch the car to buy time. It did just that. Abduction takes place anywhere between Monday night the 1/24/06 starting at 10 PM until the following morning at 8 AM. Car is dropped off at 1 PM that afternoon. That gave the suspect about 48 hours before police found the car. When I looked at Google Earth, I noticed there is a huge shopping mall near Mosaic. Why not park the car there? I think the suspect knew that would be possibly the first place LE checked for JK's car. Instead he drove it to a nearby apartment complex which nobody would think to check as JK had likely never been there. Smart move by the suspect. I don't think the suspect knew anything about HOTG, where the car was dropped and here's why. If he had parked JK's car a spot or two to the right, the lousy pool camera wouldn't have captured him parking the car at all. I dunno if there are other cameras at HOTG, I'm guessing no. I think this suspect likely had to think very quickly because he or somebody or they or whoever knew JK was reported missing and moving the car takes her away from Mosaic. If her car is still at Mosaic the whole time, we know she never left home, we know she was abducted by somebody in that complex, etc. This all goes back to leftcoast once upon a time bringing up the odd coincidence that JK's parents call Mosaic management and mention they can't get in touch with their daughter and if they could please check her apartment to see if she's there. Does anybody know about what time they called? Then a short time later, her car is ditched. I think leftcoast is on to something there.

As for the dog and if he was accurate that day or not....doesn't the fact that he went straight back to JK's place (and possibly somewhere specific in that complex) remove all doubt? I don't think it was just a coincidence that the dog picked JK's door, stairway leading to her door, apartment, etc.

I believe the dog was tracking correctly, too. They certainly take them seriously when they are on search/rescue/recovery missions for earthquakes and bombings etc. The dogs are highly trained and I don't understand why LE doesn't feel he 'tracked' the suspect? I wish LE would come right out with their reasoning on this issue. How could the dog go from that car and straight back to Mosaic without tracking the suspect? What else could the dog be tracking?

Exactly WHO was the last known person to actually SEE Jennifer alive? (Not people she talked to on the phone.) Was it a co-worker? I am interested in this point. In every other case, it is one of the first questions asked...but I don't recall the specifics in this case.

How involved was Jennifer with her condo association? Being in the same line of work she would be familiar with different vendors and the type work they did. Did she ever have conversations with management as to who to contract and who not to contract? Did she step on the toes of any vendors at work or through her condo?
Most malls open their doors at 8 a.m. There are probably fedx, etc drop boxes located there. I feel like it happened there. I also think this guy lives within a half mile of her home.

http://www.orlando-world.com/shop.html It states the mall hours are from 10-10 M-S and Sun 11-6.

That is interesting, BB. I hadn't thought about someone associated with both businesses. Hmmm..

SS I think BB is suggesting that the mall itself opens earlier than the stores in it. They do at my local mall. I think "mall walkers" like to go early and get their exercise in before the stores open and it gets too busy.

http://www.orlando-world.com/shop.html It states the mall hours are from 10-10 M-S and Sun 11-6.

That is interesting, BB. I hadn't thought about someone associated with both businesses. Hmmm..

Malls open to the public at 8 a.m. The stores open at 10. There are however some restaurants, coffee places, pharmacies, banks that open earlier then 10.

I worked with condos associations, developers for abt 10 yrs, the residents had alot to say about who got the pool cleaning, lawn maintenance, security, etc contracts.

That mall has valet parking.
There is also a post office inside the mall and of course atm machines.

Is this where JK might've gone to send off the package to her brother's friend?

ES,

The video is playing okay on my PC. Perhaps when you were there the site was having technical difficulties.
I wasn’t the one who posted about the reflections of the suspect but I did see the post. I’ll see if I can find it later on. I must say I have a hard time making out much at all in those photos so I think a reflection would be right out of my range.

With regard to the car being dropped off 45 minutes after the Kesses called Mosaic being a bit more than a coincidence.
Is the suggestion someone in the Mosaic office was in on the abduction?

While thinking along these lines I doubt the managers had access to Jennifer’s condo. More than likely they have keys to condos with tenants but not for privately occupied ones.
My feeling is when they checked her condo that Tuesday morning they found it locked

Malls open to the public at 8 a.m. The stores open at 10. There are however some restaurants, coffee places, pharmacies, banks that open earlier then 10.

I worked with condos associations, developers for abt 10 yrs, the residents had alot to say about who got the pool cleaning, lawn maintenance, security, etc contracts.

That mall has valet parking.

You may be on to something.

When people are asked to do a favor, they usually go where they are familiar.

Who is to say that JK didn't go to the post office at the mall, got there at 8am, and ran into trouble.

It would explain why the purse, cellphones,etc. are missing. Then, the perp. gets rid of everything, and walks back to Mosaic, where he lives.

who knows, Jk could have run into someone from Mosaic at the mall, and felt she knew the person.

I've always thought it odd that JK's car was not dumped at the mall.

Did LE check the camera's at the mall?

left

ES,

The video is playing okay on my PC. Perhaps when you were there the site was having technical difficulties.
I wasn’t the one who posted about the reflections of the suspect but I did see the post. I’ll see if I can find it later on. I must say I have a hard time making out much at all in those photos so I think a reflection would be right out of my range.

With regard to the car being dropped off 45 minutes after the Kesses called Mosaic being a bit more than a coincidence.
Is the suggestion someone in the Mosaic office was in on the abduction?

While thinking along these lines I doubt the managers had access to Jennifer’s condo. More than likely they have keys to condos with tenants but not for privately occupied ones.
My feeling is when they checked her condo that Tuesday morning they found it locked

Mystery"

This is from the Kesse newsletter from last November.

The Kesse's stated that they called management at about 11;15am, and that management found the door locked. It also states management "went inside Jk's condo", found nothing amiss, and left.

I am 99.9 % convinced that is the statement from the Kesse's in the fall 2006 letter which was on the Kesse website.

As for whether Mosaic management had a copy of the key. Absolutely. Remember, this used to be an apartment complex, and worker's had to convert to condo's. One could only imagine the number of keys out there.

Even Drew Kesse admitted he should have changed the locks on Jk's condo. But, he said work was still being done.

That statement tells me that "WORKERS MUST HAVE BEEN GOING INTO JK'S CONDO TO WORK WHILE SHE WASN'T THERE". Otherwise, why would Drew say he was waiting for work to be done. that makes no sense. If jk let in all the workers, then one wouldn't have to wait for work to be done.

left

PS I'm not suggesting it was someone in management. However, many complexes have walkie talkies that are used to communicate with the multiple employees. I'm sure when JK went missing, it was put over the system to look for her around the complex.

Or, it could just be a coincidence that JK' s parents called, and the car was dumped 45 minutes later. That is also very possible, and probable.

The more I see the photo, the more it reminds me of a black girlfriend who wore her hair that way, and well the stature fits a woman. I am in no way suggesting it is my friend, but the photo profile with that being her black hair, resembles her hairstyle. See how it sticks out over the neck? Also, I think the photo shows an earring in the right ear.
Imagine that. So many see the photo, and see so many different things.
Praying for Jennifer and her family. I hope she returns to them, and all who care for her, safely. Please let her still be alive, and the captor hold compassion. I keep thinking about Elizabeth Smart, and the boys from Missouri. Sometimes, hope is all we have.

The more I see the photo, the more it reminds me of a black girlfriend who wore her hair that way, and well the stature fits a woman. I am in no way suggesting it is my friend, but the photo profile with that being her black hair, resembles her hairstyle. See how it sticks out over the neck? Also, I think the photo shows an earring in the right ear.
Imagine that. So many see the photo, and see so many different things.
Praying for Jennifer and her family. I hope she returns to them, and all who care for her, safely. Please let her still be alive, and the captor hold compassion. I keep thinking about Elizabeth Smart, and the boys from Missouri. Sometimes, hope is all we have.

another good point. Who's to say with a black and white photo that the POI is a male, or for that matter, white, hispanic, or black.

Yet, another example of WHY LE should have used different people to walk past that camera. I hate to keep bringing it up, but re-enactments can be huge, especially in this case.

I want to see the difference on HOTG camera's of white, black, hispanic, male, female, tall, short, fat, stocky, thin, and compare them to the POI.
left

Maybe we should change tack and try to concentrate on finding Jennifer.

I could be wide of the mark but I don't think she is very far away at all.
I'm sorry but I don't see an Elizabeth Smart scenario fitting here at all. Keeping an adult captive for 16 months is a far different proposition to doing the same with a child.
Having said that I suppose there is a slim chance she was kidnapped by some kind of slave or sex gang.

If this is a homicide case I wonder if the disposal of the body was pre-planned.
It is worth remembering that homicide detectives were on this case from the very beginning.
Also it has been reported that detectives on the case have visited new construction sites or similar. Left will be able to put me right on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500