FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points Petra about the party group coming and going that weekend.

There never has been much said publically about that weekend and the people there.
I think they were questioned intensely by investigators though.

UK'

I believe the Kesse's called Mosaic at around 11"15 or after.

Yes, to my knowledge, they asked management to see if JK's car was there, and according to the JK website, management entered JK's condo to make sure nothing was amisss in her condo.

I believe after this, is when everything started to happen.

Let's think about the timing

Kesse's call Mosaic, no jk or jk's car.

LOgan arrives at about 3pm

I think it is about a 3 hour drive.

so, I think it is safe to say, that Jk's condo was checked before the car was dumped at HOTG. But, very close in time.

It is very suspicious. Is it a coinicidence. OR did the POI know the car and JK were know hot?

ONe has to wonder, did the POI listen to JK's messages on her phone? I dont' know anything about cellphones, maybe, someone can help. is there anyway the POI could have listened to JK's cellphone messages and known the heat was on?

Can one access your voicemail without erasing messages, and with keeping the phone going directly to voicemail. IF so, would the cellphone company be able to tell that someone accessed voicemail? anybody know?

It might explain why the timing coincidence.

left

I have been checking on some archives about Fedex in the Mosaic area.

There are Fedex locations at the mall, at Devry which is right around the corner from Mosaic and also in the CVS parking lot on the corner of Conroy and John Young Parkway.

There was no need for Jennifer to go up to Orange Blossom Trail and she was a bit too smart to do that anyway.

UK'

I believe the Kesse's called Mosaic at around 11"15 or after.

Yes, to my knowledge, they asked management to see if JK's car was there, and according to the JK website, management entered JK's condo to make sure nothing was amisss in her condo.

I believe after this, is when everything started to happen.

Let's think about the timing

Kesse's call Mosaic, no jk or jk's car.

LOgan arrives at about 3pm

I think it is about a 3 hour drive.

so, I think it is safe to say, that Jk's condo was checked before the car was dumped at HOTG. But, very close in time.

It is very suspicious. Is it a coinicidence. OR did the POI know the car and JK were know hot?

ONe has to wonder, did the POI listen to JK's messages on her phone? I dont' know anything about cellphones, maybe, someone can help. is there anyway the POI could have listened to JK's cellphone messages and known the heat was on?

Can one access your voicemail without erasing messages, and with keeping the phone going directly to voicemail. IF so, would the cellphone company be able to tell that someone accessed voicemail? anybody know?

It might explain why the timing coincidence.

left

Okay then that may well debunk the theory of abducted to another condo.

If the poi abducted JK into another condo at mosaic at 8am and the car was gone at 11:15am but did not turn up at HOTG for a further 45 minutes it sounds more feasible that the car was gone and gone from 8am rather than gone just before 11:15am and it took the poi 45 minutes of driving around before dumping a mile away with the correct fuel.

Make sense?

The car has gone before the alarm was raised at 11:15 as it wasnt there so does this rule out moving the car as a reaction to the alarm being raised and therefore the poi not being on the complex at that time?

You would have to switch your cell phone on to access the messages, you could of then switch off but your provider would know if your messages had been listened to, bit of a risk turning it on and then pinging to the neareast receiver.

Uk
Thanks for cellphone 101. I really hate cellphones, don't have one, don't want one.

I wouldn't write off any of your theories

Crimes usually don't go like clockwork

We don't really have a timeline.

I suspect the timeline is earlier than most. That phone being turned off so quick sure does have me wondering. I wonder what time the "other phone" was turned off? or had the batteries already run out?

When was the last call to the friends "cellphone"? Was it forwarded to voicemail as well?

It is very possible, and likely, the POI drove around for a while looking for a good place to dump evidence, and the car. I wouldn't discount the "other condo" theory at all. I think it is a good one.

left

I remember reading somewhere that there were few occupied condos in the unit Jennifer was in.
Also I believe the condo opposite Jennifers was empty.

Was it unlocked? I don't know.
Maybe the suspect unlocked it.

leftcoast,

The suspect would have to know JK's pin number (four digits usually) to gain access to her voice mail. Obviously if he knew that, it would have major implications on the investigation. Somebody would really have to know JK to know the code to her voice mail.

As for LK's friend's cell phone, no doubt it was turned off as soon as JK was informed he had left his phone there, he probably asked her to turn it off to preserve the batteries, no sense in leaving it on, plus if it was left on in the envelope or box, it would probably keep accidently calling people. So it was most likely turned off. That'd be sweet though, if it wasn't. Then they could trace that phone. But only if the suspect didn't open the package, I'm sure the suspect did open it and turned the phone off right away.

Petra,

excellent observation about JK's brother and co. They would absolutely know the answer to how secure the place was at the time of JK's abduction. Just another reason why it sucks we can't email the Kesse's with specific questions which would make such a huge deal in solving the case.

I remember reading somewhere that there were few occupied condos in the unit Jennifer was in.
Also I believe the condo opposite Jennifers was empty.

Was it unlocked? I don't know.
Maybe the suspect unlocked it.

Good call , mystery

IF he had access to the condo across from Jk, why not JK's?

All you do is wait for her to leave, or wait and listen for the shower.

Did JK get someone mad at her, or is this just some obsessed weirdo?

I vote for obsessed weirdo.

PLus, how did the POI know that Rob wasn't there? or logan? or family?
I still feel like this guy knew her routine, maybe, too good.

I just don't buy a random attack. could be wrong, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

IF Jk was so cautious, didn't she carry mace or something? How is it she couldn't use it.

We keep on hearing about these 'safe calls". did JK use "safe calls" in the way to her car? or just when workers were there?

I still like the security guards at Mosaic as suspects.

left

JK's family has probably done this but if they haven't....they really need to find out JK's pin number through the phone company or whoever if that's possible. if her voice mails were listened to (and you can tell when somebody has listened to your voice mails) it would take the case in a whole new direction. It would be much more important than the suspect photos. Because then it would be clear that it was somebody she knew very well.

It's likely, though, that those voice mails have never been touched. I suspect she received a lot of calls and messages that day she went missing.

thanks enrique for the cellphone 101. don't really know much about cellphones.

So, basically, we are saying that it is unlikely the POI heard about everyone looking for JK via Jk's cellphone.

I agree that if would be nice if Logan or someone from the Kesse's would join our board. Everybody here is genuinely concerned, no suspects here, and I think many people have some good ideas. Especially if the Kesse's want to hire a P.I. and need a direction.

I realize the Kesse's are private people, but, gosh, I know they would do anything to get Jk back, and at a minimum get answers.

What if the dirtbag is someone they know? If I was them, you would only be human to suspect any and all friends who are young

left

yes I would consider it highly unlikely the suspect listened to her messages.

JK's family should haven an email address on the website for tips. Then some very important questions could be answered.

It would be nice if one of her family members was here on the board but I suspect one of them at least is reading.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if the kidnapper is lurking as well and laughing at all our guess work.

I have been checking on some archives about Fedex in the Mosaic area.

There are Fedex locations at the mall, at Devry which is right around the corner from Mosaic and also in the CVS parking lot on the corner of Conroy and John Young Parkway.

There was no need for Jennifer to go up to Orange Blossom Trail and she was a bit too smart to do that anyway.

If someone called you right now and asked you to send something to them overnight, you have a shipping envelope and an account # to fill it out with so you can drop it off at these FedEx locations (I take it drop boxes) you list?

I went to FedEx site the other day and checked on overnight express locations, and none of your locations were on that list.

Why don't you try it as I did, and as Jennifer would have, and see what location would have been used by her?

The FedEx Kinko's is the closest overnight shipping location to her, and it opens at 6 am, as it is one of the few significant overnight shipping locations listed by FedEx.

Of course, if she goes to work in a different direction she may have used one in another direction, but they are elsewhere about town, not near her.

rd

yes I would consider it highly unlikely the suspect listened to her messages.

JK's family should haven an email address on the website for tips. Then some very important questions could be answered.

It would be nice if one of her family members was here on the board but I suspect one of them at least is reading.

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if the kidnapper is lurking as well and laughing at all our guess work.

I also suspect Drew reads the various boards. They also have "followers" who have been following the case and go to all the meetings, etc.

Yes, if I were the Kesse's. I would definitely have an email address. Sure, you might get a weirdo here and there. But, if one tip, or one idea comes in, you never know.

If the "coward" is reading (if he is smart enough), I hope he is happy at how many lives he has ruined and changed forever. PLUs, he will get caught. I know a case where a guy thought he outsmarted everyone for 35 years, and a regular person tracked him down. So, one thing about crimes that have no statute of limitations, you never know when the cops will knock or bust down your front door of your trailer. Cowards like this have no conscience, and that is why they can sleep at night. But, eventually, time has a way of catching up to you, when you least expect it. Who knows, this guy could get busted for a DUI, his prints get run, and we get a match, you never know.

left

This is the most frustrating case I have ever looked at.

I think it was UM & AMW fan that was surprised at the amount of attention this has and still is getting by us.

The reason i think this is because something doesnt quite add up yet we don't know what it is.
There is little evidence yet there are pictures of the suspect.

The reason why I think we are intrigued is because we feel this is case is solvable, most importantly Jennifer needs to be found even if that is bad news it would mean that at least the Kesses could grieve and try and move on with their lives in some capacity, they are in limbo at present.

Most cases are fairly obvious there are tonnes of missing people who were getting divorvced or had a history of domestic violence, involved in gangs, had an affair etc.

You don't know what happened exactly but you can pretty much guess the husband did it, the wife did it, gangsters did it, etc.

There are few cases like this in the world that have that intrigue factor.
I wish to god there werent and JK was safe with her family but unfortunately there are these cases.

Another thought is I wonder if LE have looked at a wider picture, is there a serial killer moving from state to state? Unlikely I think in this case but its more outside the box stuff.

Im off on holiday to the Greek Islands from tomorrow so I better get on with some work before I get fired!

I hope you all keep coming up with some good ideas and I hope even more that there is some outcome for this family in the next couple of weeks.

An arrest or something.

Take Care

UK.

If she went to FedEx to ship out the phone, then this likely puts her out of the apartment earlier than normal. This might be why she never called Rob (when she first got up or when she was driving to work, whichever it was) that morning. To me that makes sense, Since she's early, she lets him sleep a bit more and plans to call him at the more normal time which would be after the phone was mailed.

I think she either was taken when stopping to mail the phone or to get coffee. She should not have needed gas and I don't think someone entered her car at a traffic light (I'm fairly sure the Malibu auto locks the doors for security).

This means the crime scene, other than the car, is unknown. Nothing in the condo indicates it occurred there. If there was one workman who abducted her in the Mosaic parking lot then there were probably other workmen around so I think that's less likely. Besides, many workmen often arrive in the same van so someone would know a van had left.

Then why try to return the car to the area? Because the person would be associated with where she was abducted, that's my opinion. But I will admit, the car showing up at the Huntington so close to the time Jeniffer's been determined as missing is interesting.

Would the mobile company be able to tell when the cell was turned off? It would ping up until that point wouldn't it? If someone had turned it on again to listen to Jenn's messages they would be able to tell that too wouldn't they?

Wouldn't the dog be able to distinguish between a scent left hours earlier, and a scent left after showering and changing clothes?

left
It is my understanding a dog's nose is so ultra-sensitive, a shower wouldn't make any difference as to the smell..but the timing I am not sure of. I mean would a more recent scent of the subject be distinguishable for the animal? Anyone know of a kennel that raises this type of dog (trainer for trackers)? Maybe we could find out by calling one of them.

You guys have raised some interesting questions overnight! Makes for good reading in the morning with coffee.

As for the Fedex thing...where did she get the box or envelope to ship it? You have to have an airbill attached. Normal people don't have those laying around their house and if she got one from work...she would have stopped on the way home. If she made it to buy an envelope, it would have been mailed and it wasn't. She didn't make it to Fedex at Kinko's or anywhere to mail the phone...leaving both cellphones still inside her purse.

Speaking of cellphones, the perp wouldn't have a reason to check her messages (not that he could anyway...no code). He is busy doing whatever it is he set out to do with Jennifer. He has her. He doesn't need to mess around with such trivial things nor does he have time. He would have other things on his mind. He had a reason to take her and after he abducts her...he follows through with his actions either premeditated or not. He is going to concentrate on her for the duration until something else comes into play at the point where he turns the attention to the car.

What was it? Work? Was he 'finished' with Jennifer at that juncture? If she survived the initial attack, where was she while he dropped off the car and how was she under his control? I would hope she would still be alive, but this is a nagging question for me. Where is she while he has her car? Does he dare leave her alone and if so, how? She could try to get away, scream, or otherwise attract attention.

A random attacker would either attack her on the spot or take her back into her apt. if this happened while going to the car. He would not care about evidence within those confines because he would be gone from the crime scene and not return for any reason. The very fact the car wasn't found miles away says he didn't use it for escape and we think he took time to clean up evidence (wiping the car)...he was more careful.

One more note: The Kesses called Mosaic and two of the management went to her apt. to find it locked and no one answered. This is what they reported back on. There was no mention they checked for her car and there was no mention of them searching the grounds for her. This would mean no "alarm" was raised within Mosaic until after the family arrived. So it wouldn't coincide with the car and him realizing they had 'found' her missing that early in the case. He had another reason for dumping the car at that time.

SS

BAck in the November update letter on the Kesse website, I am fairly certain that the Kesse's mentioned that management, knocked on JK's door, if was locked, and then made a quick check of her condo. That is why two of them went to check on her. They also stated nothing looked amiss. It was also noted that management checked for JK's car and it was not in the assigned spot. I believe they may have also looked for her car on the grounds.

If you find info. that contradicts this, please let me know so that I stay current. However, I have been following the case since about two weeks after, I am fairly certain of what was contained in the November update.

left

...The timing of this when she had just got back from vacation is very interesting to me...This could tie back into some guy JK vaguely knows who has hit on her yet nobody else in her family does as she hadnt mentioned it...She may have voluntarily given him a lift thinking he is just a sweet guy with a little crush?...
I agree. I also think that it may be someone with whom Jennifer was familiar. He either asked her for a ride to the gas station, stating that his car was out of gas or used some type of ruse to get her to go somewhere.

I still think that the person dropped the car at the HOTG for his benefit. Could he actually live at this complex? Perhaps, he was merely moving the car out of an assigned spot there??

I also suspect Drew reads the various boards. They also have "followers" who have been following the case and go to all the meetings, etc.

Yes, if I were the Kesse's. I would definitely have an email address. Sure, you might get a weirdo here and there. But, if one tip, or one idea comes in, you never know.

left

They used to have a P.O. Box listed on their site. I found it, but since it is no longer up on the site...I would say they discontinued it along with the email address. LE probably asked them to receive tips from only phone calls so they can be traced back to the caller. (Another mistake by LE if this is the case!)

I don't believe Drew or any family member reads these various sites. I think it is just too much information for them. Drew mentioned a person that had offered to keep track tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500