GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/In...ighter-missing/-/1637132/8990004/-/3kddudz/-/

In May 2005, he was discharged from his four-year commitment - including forays into Fallujah, Baghdad, Tikrit and Nasiriyah - with a "final discharge diagnosis" of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

"When I had (it) real bad, I kept having some flashbacks ... Just some of the stuff I seen. I kept reliving it almost," he testified in a deposition.

PTSD, along with injuries to his knee, back and neck, also caused him to take prescription painkillers, anti-inflammatories and other drugs, he said.

"When I had PTSD real bad, I was taking some sleeping pills," he said, adding he also took prescription anti-inflammatories for joint pain.

After the May 30, 2007 car accident, when his car was rear ended as it waited at a red light, he complained of insomnia, whiplash and lower back pain, for which he took painkillers.

Perhaps the second cell phone was the one that he used to talk to his girlfriend on. Maybe he had one for his wife and one for his girlfriend?

If my husband was traveling that far once a month without me for the past 10 months, I think I would be asking some questions. I wonder how the wife feels after learning about this girlfriend in Maine.

JMO

Sounds like a drug runner. Once a month trips from Florida to Maine...two cell phones...girlfriend who wont give a last name...if he's not, I'll be shocked.

His poor wife. :(

If it is drugs then he made a very poor judgment choice and I hope the two jerks are charged with his murder.

I think It's obvious they have something to do with him going missing.

I hope they get years in prison if not a lifetime.

I think the 2 cellphones could easily be explained by the affair. If his wife or kids tended to use his cellphone (for games or just in general), a 2nd cell would just be prudent if he didn't want to get caught. The trips to Maine really could just be to visit his girlfriend, they could have met online.

As for the gf not reporting him missing? If you found out your bf had a wife and family, would you report him missing right away? What if he just got drunk and crashed with friends? I'm sure she was frantic and confused. I can also see why she wouldn't want her name out there. Most people don't want to brag about their affairs.

I think it's a big leap from having someone on the side to being a mule. :twocents:

If the reason he had two cell phones was because of the affair, I think it's highly unlikely that the girlfriend would have both cell phone numbers. That is just too risky when you're cheating on your wife. The girlfriend said in the interview that both phones were shut off shortly after he left her home and have been shut off ever since. She would not know this unless she had the numbers to both phones. The police are not going to tell her that, she's just the mistress.

If the reason he had two cell phones was because of the affair, I think it's highly unlikely that the girlfriend would have both cell phone numbers. That is just too risky when you're cheating on your wife. The girlfriend said in the interview that both phones were shut off shortly after he left her home and have been shut off ever since. She would not know this unless she had the numbers to both phones. The police are not going to tell her that, she's just the mistress.

She may have had it from before he got the 2nd phone. She may have called it a) because she knew he was in Maine and b) because she was desperate.

I see what you're saying, though.

I'd be curious to know how long he's had each of the phones and if one was the prepaid kind that wouldn't generate monthly (e)mail.

Are firefighters issued a "work" phone? A phone that maybe they are supposed to have turned on and on their person at all times, maybe?
I agree with those that are thinking he may have been drug running. Once a month short-stay trips up and down 95 seems "hinky" at best, gf or not.

Who drives from FL to ME once a month (using rental cars no less) to visit "friends" when they have a wife and kids at home, and how does one explain that to one's wife? How many people do you know that have ever made a drive like that every month simply to "see friends"? I think the wife knew exactly what he was doing on these trips and I think the GF is just an extraneous detail, not the main event.

Who drives from FL to ME once a month (using rental cars no less) to visit "friends" when they have a wife and kids at home, and how does one explain that to one's wife? How many people do you know that have ever made a drive like that every month simply to "see friends"? I think the wife knew exactly what he was doing on these trips and I think the GF is just an extraneous detail, not the main event.

I agree that his wife was wise to what was going on. That, or she had to have her head in the sand, bigtime. My husband's best friend lives in TX (we live in PA), and I would find it highly suspect if he claimed to be visiting him once a month. It just doesn't make any sense. I also wonder if the rental car was usual, or specific to this trip.
I think the gf is an extraneous detail also, unless he was drug running and she is involved in it too.

Another detail that stuck out to me was going to dinner with g/f after his meeting with friends. Why not go out to dinner with your g/f first and then go socialize with your friends? Because you don't have money for said dinner? Or because you don't really plan on socializing with your friends but only for a few minutes.

Another detail that stuck out to me was going to dinner with g/f after his meeting with friends. Why not go out to dinner with your g/f first and then go socialize with your friends? Because you don't have money for said dinner? Or because you don't really plan on socializing with your friends but only for a few minutes.

True, unless the gf is not being truthful about that. I find it odd she claims not to know who the friend was he was going to visit. How many people in Maine does a guy from Florida know, exactly?

Yes Florida to Maine and back monthly by CAR is weird...especially since you can now fly direct...very cheap, maybe even cheaper with gas price...but there is the problem of airport security. Sorry but either way that's a lot of money spent monthly if you're not "earning" something by doing it. MOO I bet the wife knew why he was driving this route...but not the about the girlfriend. JMO

Exactly. He was "visiting friends" and supposed to return in about an hour to go out to dinner with GF. Meeting with friends for an hour to do what? Not dinner, since he was going to dinner with GF. Not long enough for a movie or much of anything else. And why not take GF along - make the short stop at friends, then continue on to dinner with GF?

Add in the monthly road trips from FL to ME and my money is on a drug transaction gone wrong. I also think both the wife and the GF know more about this than is publicly being stated.

His wife, Tonya, reported him missing on Sunday, when he didn't show up for work.

http://missingpersonsblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/jerry-perdomo-missing-from-florida.html

Why when he didn't show up for work? Was he not supposed to come home between Maine and work on Sunday? And Sunday was 2/19. SUpposedly he was last seen 2/16. No contact with his wife and kids for at least 3 days and she reported him missing only when he didn't show up for work? Something's definitely not quite right.....

I have to agree with others about that short one hour trip before dinner and think it was probably a pick up. That would be the most important thing and needed to get it done prior to heading back to FL which would have to be the next day if he was due at work on Monday.

Woman who may have met with missing firefighter before disappearance posts Facebook message

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/person-interest-missing-firefighter-case-posts-fac/nKPTK/

"To all of you whom I do not know: Please stop friending me. I don't know you. I don't want to know you. I don't know what else to do. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry your friend is missing. It is a terrible thing. I am so sorry about this. But I can do nothing further. Night."

I keep thinking about this quote. It really does sound like she knows what happened and she and her bf are running scared.

If he was a drug runner and/ or involved in drugs than he made a very poor judgement choice and probably paid for it with his life.

IMO he got caught up in the lucrative business of prescription pill dealing.

Last week there was a show on TV about it that caught my attention. This is a HUGE problem down there with clinics and people doctor shopping. They had a big player ont here telling how it works. They recruit people to go to Florida and go from clinic to clinic getting multiple scripts in the course of a day or 2. If they can recruit people who have legitimate pain issues all the better because they are usually in a situation where they are unable to work and have financial problems. I don't quite understand how someone who has lawsuits going and pain issues that require narcotic medications could ever function as a fireman. This story just fits in so well with how it works that it seems obvious to me. I think that LE is playing dumb in order to ferret out who the big gun is behind the operation. Think about it they let POI go with no answers being given. Everyone knows more than they are letting on and are either playing dumb out of fear for themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back