FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015, *Media, Maps & Timeline*

Ruben Ebron could face 50 years on felonies
State seeking 'enhanced penalties' against prime suspect in Lonzie Barton case

Sep 08 2015

The prime suspect in the disappearance of 21-month-old Lonzie Barton could be facing at least 50 years in prison if convicted of five felony charges against him.

Ruben Ebron is charged with two counts of child neglect and three charges related to an escape police say he planned. All five are felonies. He is also charged with one count of lying to police, which is a misdemeanor.

Discovery documents shed light on case against Ebron
September 10, 2015

Discovery documents filed by prosecutors in Ebron's case suggest that at some point he stated he "could see why people killed their kids and run into a river with their car," court records show. The documents obtained by First Coast News also describe Ebron as being "mentally unstable" in the days leading up to Lonzie's disappearance, allegedly making several threatening statements to the mother of his children.

"He came to the driver's side of the truck stating, 'I am going to shoot you in the head tonight," she told investigators at one point.

She also told investigators Ebron had been "violent" before, saying, "He has punched me in the face in the presence of my children."

Lonzie Barton's parents arrested in Baker County on drug charges
Sept. 16, 2015

lonna_chris11.JPG
0145cb6a-5cea-11e5-9f19-00151712edf8.jpg

News conference at link

Chris & Lonna Barton, Lonzie's parents, arrested on drug charges

"This is not about the Lonzie case," said the sheriff, who told reporters that the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office had not been involved in the drug investigation.

The pair and a third suspect were arrested separately after multiple drug deals -- two on Tuesday and one on Wednesday -- involving undercover deputies at the Motel 6 off State Road 121 in Macclenny, Sheriff Dobson told reporters.

Chris Aaron Barton, 42, Lonna Lauramore Barton, 25, and Shawn Clayton Hall, 32, face charges of sale of Molly -- a club drug made of a variety of chemicals -- within 1,000 feet of a specific location, possession of Molly and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the Sheriff's Office. The sheriff added that Chris Barton is also charged with the sale of opiates.

New charges filed against Lonna, Chris Barton
http://m.news4jax.com/news/additional-charges-for-lonna-chris-barton/35356770
Author: News4Jax.com Staff, webteam@wjxt.com
Published On: Sep 18 2015 04:45:25 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 18 2015 05:03:27 PM EDT
The new counts of possession of a synthetic narcotic with intent to sell comes one two days after the Lonna Lauramore Barton, 25, and her husband, Christopher Barton, 41, were arrested after an undercover drug deal at a Baker County motel.

With the new charges, bond for Chris Barton was increased to $950,000 and $700,000 for Lonna Barton. Chris Barton's bond is higher because he also faces a charge of sales of a synthetic opiate.

Judge orders no contact with parents for Ebron
September 22, 2015

A judge ruled Tuesday that visitation restrictions imposed on William "Ruben" Ebron are not violating his constitutional rights and ordered him to have no contact with his parents -- even with a lawyer present.

Circuit Judge Marianne Aho said she did not reach her decision lightly, but she had no choice given Ebron's alleged attempts to ask his parents to do things that were illegal – including apparent attempts to communicate with his ex-girlfriend, a woman identified in court as "JL."

Lonna Barton faces new bond hearing
Ethan Calloway Updated On: Sep 23 2015

Lonna-Chris-Barton-Baker-1s-jpg.jpg

VIDEO: The mother of Lonzie Barton will face more time in jail as she returns to a Jacksonville courtroom. Following her release on bond, Lonna Bartono was arrested for drug charges along with her estranged husband Chris Barton.

Lonna Barton, the mother of missing toddler Lonzie Barton, is expected to appear before a Duval County judge Wednesday morning. Prosecutors want her bond on charges related to Lonzie's disappearance revoked after her arrest on drug charges in Baker County last week.

Lonzie and Haleigh relation hard to dismiss for investigator
Sept. 24, 2015

Lonzie.JPG

061214_haleigh.jpg

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. — Lonzie Barton and Haleigh Cummings share strikingly similar disappearances. Action News Jax had previously discovered the two missing children are related.

~~~

“They're getting ready to work on a new age progression of Haleigh around the age of 11 or 12 so it's more current,” Piscitello said.
The cases were more similar than he thought -- Lonzie and Haleigh are distant cousins.

Video at link^^^

Ruben Ebron to get new judge; gets jail visit
Monday's hearing was to set date on pending defense motions
Updated On: Sep 29 2015

Monday’s hearing for Ruben Ebron was set to schedule court dates to hear pending motions from Ebron's lawyers for a gag order, a change of venue and a protective order to seal evidence in the case. But instead, Judge Marianne Lloyd Aho recused herself from the case. She cited that she used to work in the same law office as the attorney for WJXT, Ed Birk, who was in court to argue against the motions.

~~~

After Monday's hearing, Nathaniel Williams, Ebron's uncle and the only member of his family allowed to visit the defendant in jail, went to see his nephew. Williams described Ebron as being in good spirits and said that he understands why his lawyers are seeking a gag order in the case. He doesn't understand why the media is fighting to release evidence and witness statements before the trial.

Williams said he doesn't believe Ebron harmed Lonzie and says the media is portraying him all wrong -- he's not the violent monster that police have made him out to be.

Bond reduced for Lonzie's father
September 29, 2015

According to the bailiff, 42-year-old Chris Barton's bond was reduced from $950,000 to $115,000.

~~~

The judge agreed to lower his bail, provided he agree to the other terms set previously – including no contact with his ex-wife Lonna Barton.

William Ebron asks media and public to keep open mind about him in phone call to Times-Union
Larry Hannan Oct 6, 2015

In an unexpected phone call to The Florida Times-Union Monday, locked-up William Ruben Ebron Jr. asked the media and public to keep an open mind about him.
Ebron called collect from the Duval County jail wanting to speak about his case involving missing toddler Lonzie Barton. Ebron didn’t talk directly about Lonzie but did say the narrative that has emerged isn’t accurate or fair.

~~~

Ebron also said the charges against him are bogus and that prosecutors are just trying to get him to talk about Lonzie. He is charged with two counts of child neglect, giving false information to police during an investigation, attempted escape from prison, possession of a concealed handcuff key and introduction of contraband into a county detention facility.

“They say I’m the key to everything,” Ebron said. “They’re always going to say I’m lying.”

~~~

Ebron also expressed annoyance at his parents being barred from speaking with him. Authorities say he tried to get messages to J.R. through his parents. J.R. and his children now live with his parents, and the former judge in his case barred him from speaking with immediate family to make sure there was no more communication with his former girlfriend.

~~~

Monday’s phone call was cut off as time was expiring. Jail phone calls are usually only allowed to last for a set amount of time.

Ebron’s next hearing will be Thursday. He is scheduled to go on trial Dec. 7, but Ebron acknowledged that he wasn’t sure if that was realistic because they haven’t gotten all the information from prosecutors in the case.

Jail house transcripts in Ruben Ebron case released
Oct. 7, 2015

"Do you believe what they've been saying -- that it was an accident, that I know where he's at,” Ebron asks.
Lauramore Barton responds by saying:
“I believe that if you know where my baby was, that you love me enough that you would tell me. I really do. I don't see you being able to do that to me. And if I'm wrong, then you got the Lord to answer to for that -- that's how I see it."

Ruben Ebron, Lonna Barton due in court
Oct 12 2015

New-developments-in-criminal-cases.jpg

Ruben Ebron's attorneys have motioned for a gag order. That would restrict the state and police from being able to speak about the case publicly. Ebron's attorneys believe it will be difficult to find an impartial jury because of all of the pre-trial publicity.

Dive team searches ditch near Lonzie's home
Nothing found in search for missing toddler
Oct 19 2015

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office dive team searched a drainage ditch Monday near where 21-month-old Lonzie Barton was reported missing.

JSO said it was searching the ditch near a JEA easement off Old Kings Road based on a tip it received. It said crews has previously searched this ditch, which is near the Ravenwood Apartments where Lonzie lived with his family.

A reward of up to $13,200 is available through Crime Stoppers for any tips leading to the recovery of Lonzie's body.

New video, details released in Lonna, Chris Barton drug case
Nov 03 2015

State Attorney's Office releases undercover video of drug bust

New details and undercover video have just been released in the Baker County case against Lonna and Chris Barton, the parents of Lonzie Barton, the toddler who disappeared in Jacksonville on July 24, after the couple was arrested and accused of selling the synthetic drug Molly.

The counts of possession of a synthetic narcotic with intent to sell came two days after 25-year-old Lonna Barton, and her husband, 41-year-old Christopher Barton, were arrested after an undercover drug deal at a Baker County motel.

According to officials, the video shows Lonna Barton injecting herself with Molly and having Chris Barton help her inject it.

Video of Lonna, Chris Barton in Baker County hotel room

New video evidence in Baker County drug case against Lonzie Barton's parents
Author: Scott Johnson : Nov 13 2015

Expert calls video 'smoking gun' against Lonna and Chris Barton

More undercover video of Lonna and Chris Barton recorded prior to their arrest on drug charges in Baker County is September was released late Thursday by the state attorney’s office.

The Bartons, the parents of missing toddler Lonzie Barton, were arrested with Shawn Clayton Hall after authorities said the three sold the synthetic drug Molly to a confidential informant in Macclenny.

The newly released video shows Lonna Barton talking about drugs and her problems with the Department of Children and Families after the disappearance of her son as well as why she's remained publicly silent over the child's disappearance. "You wanna sit here and put me down for making a bad decision on who I left my child with. Honestly because I peed clean in the homicide department. When all this was going on, I wasn't even up on drugs," Lonna Barton said.

Lonna also complains about how judged she's been and said she has remained silent despite criticisms from the public.

New evidence released: 911 call by Ruben Ebron reporting Lonzie Barton's disapperance, interviews with Lonzie's mom
Friday, Nov. 13, 2015

We have been poring through 10 DVDs of Lonna Barton and Ruben Ebron interrogations, jail visits and Ebron's 911 call. "We need to clear some things up," an officer of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office told Lonna Lauramore Barton. She responded, "OK let's get to clearing."

Detectives started out calm, but you can hear the frustration building as Barton admitted to lying when police approached her that first night

Documents: Ebron tried to make deal one day after release of video
Friday, Nov. 13, 2015

running_away_2.jpg

In the video, which JSO released Aug. 3., Ruben Ebron can be seen running from his orange Honda Civic. Initially, Ebron told investigators that Lonzie Barton was inside his stolen car at the time he disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back