Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Here's the longer version of Maddie's vigil (21+ minutes) that her dad and step-mom attended.

Madeline's Dad didn't seem to know what kind of mother JS was, when asked by the interviewer, or his lack of opinion on any potential guilt on her part.

As others have said, I don't think it does biodad any good to start lighting flints and going on the warpath against Jennifer. It doesn't help anything and it could hurt any potential case if he, as an insider, starts making comments.

As for the relationship between Jenn and biodad, I don't know why some expect communication between the two of them despite this horrible situation- he up and married some other lady while Jenn was raising 4 month old Maddie, and we don't know their relationship at all. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have said, I don't think it does biodad any good to start lighting flints and going on the warpath against Jennifer. It doesn't help anything and it could hurt any potential case if he, as an insider, starts making comments.

As for the relationship between Jenn and biodad, I don't know why some expect communication between the two of them despite this horrible situation- he up and married some other lady while Jenn was raising 4 month old Maddie, and we don't know their relationship at all. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>
Giving an opinion when asked doesn’t seem like lighting sparks but perhaps it might do that if he made comments about his opinions.
I didn’t comment about their relationship, however, he seemed to have been in Maddie’s life all this time, so therefore he would have an opinion on her parenting style after all these years, even without having to communicate with her. Just seeing the way she was raising his daughter would warrant an opinion on parenting imo. <modsnip - quoted post was snipped> MOO

One thing I'm trying to make sense of is JS saying the last thing Maddie was wearing was a green hoodie, and then Maddie was found wearing just that. So, if JS saw Maddie in the outfit she was found in, that would have had to be prior to 7:30am (unless she saw her deceased in SS's car). Being dressed for school, most likely before 7:30, when her first class doesn't start until 9:30ish... is a little strange to me. Even if she was an early riser, I'd think she'd still be in her jammies until closer to time to leave for school. Unless wearing jammies around SS made her uncomfortable, which is entirely possible.

So, I think the majority of us agree she was more than likely deceased by 7:30am... then what time did JS see her wearing her green hoodie? AND, was she alive at that time?

I have not ruled out that Maddie told JS one of her dark secrets, and JS came unglued, and in a rage could have been the one to have harmed Maddie which lead to her death. Sure, SS more than likely was the murderer, and it isn't contested that he's one sick and evil dude, but I'm not at 100% that it was him. Pretty darn close though!

So the fact that it appears that JS really did see her that morning, but hours before school (which I find unusual, especially since she was "too tired" to take her to school herself), makes me think she knows a LOT more than we're privy to know at this time. I know... "Duh".

I know I'm not the only one that can't wait for more info from LE. I just wish we could get it sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Giving an opinion when asked doesn’t seem like lighting sparks but perhaps it might do that if he made comments about his opinions.
I didn’t comment about their relationship, however, he seemed to have been in Maddie’s life all this time, so therefore he would have an opinion on her parenting style after all these years, even without having to communicate with her. Just seeing the way she was raising his daughter would warrant an opinion on parenting imo. <modsnip - quoted post was snipped> MOO
Agreed… and while Jenn may have been raising Maddie while he was “off marrying some other lady,” there were more than plenty of photos of Maddie with him and his wife that suggest she saw him regularly. And she looked happy. And her stepmom has said numerous loving and affectionate things about Maddie publicly, which is more than JS can say, thus far.

One thing I'm trying to make sense of is JS saying the last thing Maddie was wearing was a green hoodie, and then Maddie was found wearing just that. So, if JS saw Maddie in the outfit she was found in, that would have had to be prior to 7:30am (unless she saw her deceased in SS's car). Being dressed for school, most likely before 7:30, when her first class doesn't start until 9:30ish... is a little strange to me. Even if she was an early riser, I'd think she'd still be in her jammies until closer to time to leave for school. Unless wearing jammies around SS made her uncomfortable, which is entirely possible.

So, I think the majority of us agree she was more than likely deceased by 7:30am... then what time did JS see her wearing her green hoodie? AND, was she alive at that time?

I have not ruled out that Maddie told JS one of her dark secrets, and JS came unglued, and in a rage could have been the one to have harmed Maddie which lead to her death. Sure, SS more than likely was the murderer, and it isn't contested that he's one sick and evil dude, but I'm not at 100% that it was him. Pretty darn close though!

So the fact that it appears that JS really did see her that morning, but hours before school (which I find unusual, especially since she was "too tired" to take her to school herself), makes me think she knows a LOT more than we're privy to know at this time. I know... "Duh".

I know I'm not the only one that can't wait for more info from LE. I just wish we could get it sooner rather than later.
Also worth pointing out that A) on the 911 call they had to “find out” what Maddie was wearing, and B) there were some discrepancies in the missing flyers - some said “green sports jacket” or other variations of that. So I’m not convinced that JS ever saw her that morning.

I want to know why the rest of the interview is taking so long. I know it’s 90 mins of material but c’mon now. Methinks WFTV is loading up the content repository to milk the interview since there’s so little information being released by LE.

Or, is it possible LE and maybe the Wallace family attorney(s) need to review the rest of the footage before it airs?

Univision Orlando did an interview with SA Andrew Bain in which he refers to Madeline being the “only victim” which I find interesting. Cam anyone translate please?

I was kind of surprised Madeline's Dad didn't seem to know what kind of mother JS was, when asked by the interviewer, or his lack of opinion on any potential guilt on her part. I would think he'd be more opinionated about those things, but perhaps he's restraining himself, I don't know. Would LE have asked him to keep his opinions to himself until the investigation is concluded? Or maybe he doesn't see her as being involved in anything. MOO.
Myself I found his answer spot on about what kind of a mother she was. he said "I don't know how I can excuse this."
He found out his daughter was being horrifically abused for 5 years starting at the age of 8 in the home with her mother.
How on earth could he excuse that?
He brought Madeline's ashes home with him, what kind of Mother would have allowed that?

He brought Madeline's ashes home with him, what kind of Mother would have allowed that?

That is an excellent point. 100%. For biodad and stepmom to be given Maddie's ashes to bring back to Texas... this is a big deal. Assuming (we cannot be sure) that this is all, not half, of her ashes that is going to biodad, if Jenn isn't laying claim to any, that is surprising. Almost all cultures put some importance in ashes/funeral service/some sort or ritual, especially when it's a child. I would imagine the Soto/ Zambrano (granma/grandpa) family would be no different. All MOO.

Finally! A new video clip from the ~90 min interview Shannon Butler had with Tyler & Tatiana Wallace. They've been promising this for a few days now and it's here, but only a few minutes more. I guess it's baby steps with WFTV. Not sure if we'll ever be able to see close to the entire 90 min or not.

Myself I found his answer spot on about what kind of a mother she was. he said "I don't know how I can excuse this."
He found out his daughter was being horrifically abused for 5 years starting at the age of 8 in the home with her mother.
Yes his statement didn't relate directly back to his opinion of the parenting involved and wasn't clear as to what he couldn't excuse. Was he referring to her body being dumped on the side of the road, the ongoing sexual abuse and recordings of such, the homicide, or all of the above. Was he referring to JS or SS or both. It was an ambiguous statement to me IMO.

ETA: I just watched the new video that @Gemmie posted above and her Dad says that he is struggling to understand his own feelings right now, that he doesn't know how he feels yet and he's been flip-flopping and speculating but doesn't want to send mobs or throw pitchforks. He doesn't know how he feels because he's like everyone else; not knowing the whole story.

MOO.

Last edited:
So they didn't split the ashes and have two urns or even three? How do we know he got all the ashes?
We don’t know. So JS handing over some or all of Maddie’s ashes has nothing to do with her parenting abilities imo. JS and her family could have had their own ceremony with some of her ashes. MOO

We don’t know. So JS handing over some or all of Maddie’s ashes has nothing to do with her parenting abilities imo. JS and her family could have had their own ceremony with some of her ashes. MOO
Also, some people aren't sentimental about mortal remains or don't want to keep them around, whereas others will give an urn pride of place in their living room or have jewellery made from cremains, like Victorian mourning jewellery for the 21st century. There isn't a wrong way to feel about it, and she may have given them to him because she knew it would mean more to him than to her to have Madeline's ashes.

MOO

Yes his statement didn't relate directly back to his opinion of the parenting involved and wasn't clear as to what he couldn't excuse. Was he referring to her body being dumped on the side of the road, the ongoing sexual abuse and recordings of such, the homicide, or all of the above. Was he referring to JS or SS or both. It was an ambiguous statement to me IMO.

ETA: I just watched the new video that @Gemmie posted above and her Dad says that he is struggling to understand his own feelings right now, that he doesn't know how he feels yet and he's been flip-flopping and speculating but doesn't want to send mobs or throw pitchforks. He doesn't know how he feels because he's like everyone else; not knowing the whole story.

MOO.
yes, you are correct, it wasnt clear SA or death...he didnt single it out.....however, I think how he answered, it was a clue.

IMO, he responded to the question about JS as a mother with "I dont know how I can excuse this' using the word 'excuse' possibly relates to her death. IMO, he may have 'heard' it was alleged to be an accident which he is struggling with... an alleged accident as an excuse for her death does not cancel out the abuse she suffered for years.

it is my understanding he is permitted to see the autopsy report, copy it, etc as he is one of the surviving parents who obviously did not commit the act of domestic violence which led to her death. wondering if he requested it and now knows how she died and her estimated time of death.

Then lie to LE about seeing her get dressed.

@Gemmie remember in the 2nd 911 call. when the 911 operator asked ( the sister) what was Maddie wearing this morning. The sister then asked jenn (who must have been standing close by as she spoke in a normal tone) " jenn what was maddie wearing" and then the sister told the 911 operator " were finding out" it took a few minutes before the sister told the 911 operator she was wearing a green hoodie". Sounded like jS didnt see her that morning and had to ask SS what she was wearing? Im assuming SS who else would have known that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back