Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 503671

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - Thirteen-year-old Madeline Soto has been memorialized in her middle school yearbook.

Orange County Public Schools confirmed that a page of the Hunter's Creek Middle School yearbook has been dedicated to the teenager whose body was found in Osceola County on March 1. Her mother's boyfriend Stephan Sterns was officially charged for her murder in late April.

The yearbook page includes a photo of Soto with the words "rest in peace" and a poem written by a 7th grader Ireland Shaw:

You were pretty you were kind,

You were everything I liked,

I couldn't be sad around you even if I tried,

You were the sun, society is the moon,

If you told us, we all would've believed you,

I miss you,

I miss you so much,

But I feel okay knowing your [sic] doing fine up above,

I'll try not to cry,

I'll try not to shed,

But I'll always be lucky you were my friend.
Oh, my heart!

Of note, Sterns’ account wasn’t consistent.

Madeline was seen slumped over the passenger seat in an unnatural position.
Madeline frequently shared a bed with Sterns and her mom.

Lengthy interview with SS at the link.

Last edited:

Seriously? JS allowed her boyfriend to share her bed with her and Madeline?

Oh boy!

MOO

I’m jumping around because a 40 minute recording is way too much for me to handle.

SS and JS made no effort to search on Monday night. Claimed he was on Ativan and couldn’t remember what they did specifically. Said he was crying all the time.

Also sounds like he wasn’t at the party. He arrived at the house from his house at around 8-830, and Maddie was doing her nighttime routine while they waited for Jennifer

Good to have a few things cleared up--i.e. his attendance at the party.

I wonder who the redacted witness was?

And yeah, WTH was JS thinking having MS in bed with her AND SS? I mean, as a mom, I get it sometimes kids need additional reassurance, get sick etc. but ok YOU go hang out in THEIR bed for a bit and help them fall asleep. Not bring them into the bed you share with some boyfriend. Seriously WTH. :(

I can't listen, but I hope they burn this scum to the ground. DP or LWOP. I cannot imagine what Madeline endured in her young life.

IMO

First I've heard of this McDonald's breakfast stuff too. Is this new?
Yes. He was using this to explain why they were up so early. His initial story is that they went straight to school after almost reaching McDonald’s (Maddie changed her mind), but I skipped towards the end and it sounds like he changed it to add another trip home to get his clicker (with Maddie dead in the vehicle).

Yes. He was using this to explain why they were up so early. His initial story is that they went straight to school after almost reaching McDonald’s (Maddie changed her mind), but I skipped towards the end and it sounds like he changed it to add another trip home to get his clicker (with Maddie dead in the vehicle).
They right there had to be suspicious before this weird stuff about the U-turn in the parking lot and his fumbling about what the heck he drove to the guy. I'm assuming the McDonald's is nearby? You don't leave 2 hours early to get fast food. A normal kid would just hit the drive-thru on the way, and eat while hanging out WITH the friends.

Good to have a few things cleared up--i.e. his attendance at the party.

I wonder who the redacted witness was?

And yeah, WTH was JS thinking having MS in bed with her AND SS? I mean, as a mom, I get it sometimes kids need additional reassurance, get sick etc. but ok YOU go hang out in THEIR bed for a bit and help them fall asleep. Not bring them into the bed you share with some boyfriend. Seriously WTH. :(
My guess is JS was the redacted witness.

I was horrified to learn that Maddie slept in the same bed with Jennifer and Stephan. It's so much worse. I cannot wait until she is charged.

"(Jennifer Soto) stated while they were together they… (Jennifer, Stephen and Madeline)… would either all sleep in the same bed or (Madeline) would sleep with her when Stephan was not there," one statement reads.

When asked if it was normal that Stephan and (Madeline) would sleep together without her being there, and she said yes, statements say.

"(Jennifer Soto) stated if she needed a good night sleep due to her anxiety, she would ask them (Stephen and Madeline) to sleep in a different bedroom."

Another statement reads, "Stephan stated (Madeline) always needed human contact when going to sleep. Stephan referred to it as "snuggling."

The conversations with Sterns came to an abrupt end when detectives revealed images allegedly found on Sterns' phone, depicting sex with the 13-year-old-girl.

Wait so they interviewed him, then found the security footage which showed Maddie in a position that indicated she was not conscious, then secured a search warrant for the home and SS’s phone, then found the Google Drive with CSAM on his phone, then they spoke to him again and mentioned the Google Drive, then he gave them consent to search his phone? Even though they had already executed a search warrant? And then they specifically talked about the images on the Google Drive being CSAM and only then did he ask for an attorney?

Why would he “agree” to have his phone searched if they had already searched it? Why would he agree the Google Drive was his and then clam up when they remind him there was CSAM on it? Am I missing something?

Have the documents themselves been publicly released, or just to media? (Or has any media released the actual documents?)

The Click Orlando article and the WESH article seem to be saying slightly different things, from my read.
It looks like the media has them but they haven’t been published on the court page.

Hopefully we see them for ourselves.

holy crap, I am late getting to this thread today but what in the what?

The report says Sterns told detectives that he typically shared a bed with Soto’s mother and Soto
‘Abnormal’ security video, Google Drive led to Stephan Sterns’ arrest in Madeline Soto case, documents show

In what universe does a parent think this is a normal thing?? I am gob smacked. I don't know if JS knew what was going on but by golly she should have.
Oh, if that freaks you out, scroll back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti