Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here we go again...how did Maddie get home from the party? Where was JS and when did she get home, if she wasn't home?
I’m gonna assume gran probably drove her home or maybe JS sister did. Maybe another relative or parent of a guest if they lived nearby. I can’t imagine how the driver who brought her home feels now knowing what they brought her home to!!

I'm glad the media is focusing on the sleeping arrangement angle, as it refocuses things on the elephant in the room, mom's complicity. Fortunately, these two couldn't keep their stories straight, with Jennifer claiming she last saw her daughter getting ready for school at 8:00, and Stephan saying they left much earlier in order to get breakfast.

Mom says Stephan "picked up" Maddie, implying that he arrived from somewhere else. Stephan says that he had been at the house since the previous night.

There has been plenty of evidence that mom was covering for Stephan, but we didn't know why. I now think she not only knew about the sexual abuse, but actively facilitated it. She knew that Stephan had killed Maddie, and helped him cover it up because of her own crimes.
I absolutely agree with you. Mom didn’t just know. She served her daughter up to him. She then comforted him on the media interview because she knew she was in just as deep as him.

-In the same conversation between law enforcement and Jenn Soto, Madeline's Soto mom, the report implies that detectives let her know about their suspicions of the alleged sexual abuse.

The report states that "(redacted) did not want (to) believe (redacted) and Stephan were engaged in sexual activity. (Redacted) asked to see the image of Stephan and (redacted)."

When shown a printed photo of what was allegedly found on the Google Drive, Madeline Soto's mom claimed she did not "recognize anything in the picture, as if she was in denial" and then later "became visibly upset," the document states.

Here are a few of Sterns' recounts to police, as heard in the interview:

• Sterns said he and Madeline discussed getting breakfast at McDonald's before school, but they never got it.
  • Sterns said he was unfamiliar with the road names on his route to Madeline's school.
  • Sterns said he and Madeline both forgot their phones at home that day.
  • Sterns forgot to mention to police that he drove all the way back to Kissimmee to retrieve the gate clicker for his neighborhood before dropping Madeline off at school.
  • Sterns visited a smoke shop after dropping Madeline off at school, twice.
  • Sterns forgot to mention to police that he'd gotten a flat tire after dropping Madeline off at school.

Stephan Sterns, Jenn Soto did not look for Madeline when she was reported missing, Sterns tells police​

In an interview with police, Sterns said he and Jenn "stayed local" while the rest of her family went out to physically look for the 13-year-old girl. An officer asked Sterns if he and Jenn had driven together or separately, and he said he didn't think they had driven anywhere at all.

He said he was "zonked out" on anxiety medication was unable to recall where he was. "My brain was mush, and I was on so many tranquilizers to keep me stabilized," he said, according to the interview.
I believe they were both zonked on something and JS didn’t search because she already knew her baby was not coming home alive (she just wanted her back, whatever that looked like — paraphrasing her webcam interview with the female reporter while Maddie was still missing).

I haven't listened to the new reports. Just reading one of the articles was enough to break my heart again. And to think there are still people who want to defend JS. She failed this beautiful girl, handed her over to a monster on a silver platter because of HER anxiety, HER issues.
What about Maddie???
I'm just sick.
IMO
I wonder if JS and SS were making bank on images of his abuse of Maddie?

At the end of this video it says theres audio of SS telling 8 year old MS she can't have a phone until she performs a sex act.
Wtf?? I want to know who recorded all the videos / audio / photos of his abuse of Maddie??

I wonder if JS and SS were making bank on images of his abuse of Maddie?
That’s something I’ve wondered all along. There seems to be a sick symbiotic, co-dependency between the two adults and it feels like that might intertwine with collaboration. OMO. MOO.

Added: @photographer4 — to your second point, someone in role of photographer would have facilitated the videotaping and photography. MOO.

<modsnip- no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
JS and SS were together on and off for 7 years. If she thought it was fine Normal for a man to sleep alone with a young girl/ preteen , I'm sure she would have mentioned it to someone, Family and friends. No one told her this was inappropriate, a VERY bad idea. That no Decent man would allow it.
Grandma said it an interview that Maddie was a scared little girl who didn't sleep alone.
I'm trying to wrap my head around this since it appears that JS didn't know about the sexual assault.
When did Maddie begin sleeping with her mother in the first place? Or… did she ever not do so? I’m wondering whether this was a new behavior that emerged at some point as a result of some abuse she may have experienced or witnessed? If she never did, that’s also abnormal and we must wonder why not. Was she groomed by JS to never sleep alone and to be available to someone all the time? I have zero faith in JS as a parent or decision maker.

That line in the police report about Jennifer being in denial in response to that photo really annoys me.

It should have simply described her behavior; what she said and did. It should not have attempted to diagnose that behavior.

Because that cop didn’t know what we now know; Jennifer was telling lies. Which means the characterization of “denial,” may not be a psychological reaction, but an intentional effort to continue the charade and protect Stephan.
I liked the comment. It tells us that JS probably wouldn’t have believed her daughter if she had ever disclosed. Maddie may have done so and Js may have asked for evidence to that effect or MS just as she asked the cop to show it to her. JS knew she had to act like it wasn’t possible because to make herself look innocent and unaware. I wonder what the police think of her and whether they believe she was completely unaware or just willfully blind? Or maybe they think she gave her daughter to him?

According to police reports and arrest affidavits filed by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office and Kissimmee Police Department, mother Jennifer Soto reported Madeline missing at 8 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 26. She told police Sterns picked her up at their Kissimmee home, and he said he dropped her off in front of a church blocks away from Hunter’s Creek Middle School on Town Loop Boulevard.
So when did he “pick her up”? Sunday night after the party? Were they meant to go somewhere? I don’t think she was alive very long after she got home from the party. I believe she was dead well before 8am. I further believe Js knew it and knows how it happened. I believe JS was either there and complicit or arrived after her daughter was killed and tried to help SS with a coverup. MOO

I'm listening to the Monster's police interview. At about 24:00 he describes Maddie's backpack with the same odd specificity as JS did, as grayish with hibiscus flowers on it. Both of them gave more details about the backpack than anything else about Maddie's appearance that day.

I don't have a link handy but I'm sure it would be easily found via google. In the first 911 call made by JS's sister, she has to ask JS what Maddie was wearing and she said a green sweater.*

Later in one of the TV interviews, JS says Maddie was wearing a green hoodie.

Such uncertainty about what Maddie was wearing and yet so specific about what the backpack looked like, from both of them.

I realize that JS probably saw the backpack every day, but when asked what your missing child was wearing, what does it matter what kind of flowers were on her backpack? You would just say a backpack with flowers on it.

Which was, of course, the same backpack that SS put in a dumpster.

I'm smelling rehearsal, and it stinks really bad.

*That's not even mentioning how in one of her interviews JS says "and that's when I called 911" when she never called 911. She knew Maddie wasn't going to be found so why bother calling 911? IMO.
How many men do we think would use the word hibiscus? I don’t know of any who would know the name of the specific flower to begin with but even if they did, most would just say “flowers on it”… no? Why so specific?!?!

I liked the comment. It tells us that JS probably wouldn’t have believed her daughter if she had ever disclosed. Maddie may have done so and Js may have asked for evidence to that effect or MS just as she asked the cop to show it to her. JS knew she had to act like it wasn’t possible because to make herself look innocent and unaware. I wonder what the police think of her and whether they believe she was completely unaware or just willfully blind? Or maybe they think she gave her daughter to him?
Yeah, any way you slice it it's awful. I'm sure the picture has become more clear in the weeks and months since, and they have a better idea of what mom really knew. This was super early on.

I think the plan was for them to sleep together, but I wonder if he even slept. Presumably, this attack would have occurred prior to going to bed (or shortly after). It sounded from the interview that he had been away for a while, and I'm sure he wouldn't have waited too long before doing what he always did. Newly 13, and perhaps feeling empowered, I think Maddie rebuffed him this time, perhaps threatening to report him. In a rage, he kills her. Then the coverup begins.
I agree. I could see him killing her for refusing him. And I can further imagine him threatening JS that she was going to go down for it unless she helped him cover it up. I believe she did try to help cover it up. But I don’t believe JS didn’t know or that she was afraid of what he would do to her if she didn’t help. I believe she was covering her own behind as much as his because I believe she served him her daughter. She may have even been involved in her sick abuse. I don’t know. But she gets no free pass. Jail or not, she’s guilty as can be in my view.

Yeah, it’s valid theory I just have a different one. There was also a firearms trace in the discovery report. I realize that doesn’t mean he shot her, but I don’t think strangulation is the only plausible theory.
I haven’t seen anything yet and am catching up. What’s this about firearms trace?

I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to make it through the interview linked on the ClickOrlando article.

At 13 minutes in, he talks about having 'errands', by which he means visiting card/game shops and Target (presumably to look for some sort of toys if his Reddit account is any indication).

I'm attempting to imagine what type of moral emptiness and decay would be required for him to find importance in looking for toys after seeing a girl dead. He placed so little importance on her no longer being in this world that he was able to participate in the leisure pastime of toy collecting, and not be embarrassed to say this to the detectives.

Source for 'Target means toy hunting':

I don’t think it’s “normal/appropriate/healthy” for a preteen to be sharing the same bed with mom and/or her “boyfriend”.
Especially when/if Mom works nights….
Other than that, I have nothing positive to contribute. I’m too disgusted by this entire situation.JMHO.

And that’s how I think this went down. I don’t believe any blood was found in the house, or there were any items missing (bloody blankets, etc).

That would rule out blunt force trauma, stabbing, shooting, etc, which would open the door to a heat of the moment event.

I don’t believe he arrived at the house that night planning on killing Madeline. It’s possible, but I don’t think the crime would look like this.

Sloppy and panicked.

Asphyxiation all the way. First degree premeditated murder.
It also sounds from SS telling the security guard scanned the car with SS and MS BACK into the property.

So, something messier, like a shooting? You would think poor MS would be in a condition to not pass through the gates seeming asleep to someone glancing?

I hate writing this, but I have personally wondered if she did not die straight away--hence she was "asleep" in the car, and that could explain some of SS weird driving around with her. :( He was panicked and came back to JS to make a plan. I still think someone else could be involved, at least some other pervert knew what SS was doing, and SS went for advice that night/early morning and was told GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173