Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
...When shown a printed photo of what was allegedly found on the Google Drive, Madeline Soto's mom claimed she did not "recognize anything in the picture, as if she was in denial" and then later "became visibly upset," the document states...

MOO, no one should be allowed to play that dumb or blind. She should be held accountable for all the years the abuse was going on, doing nothing to stop it; in fact, it seems she encouraged it. All MOO

I would like to hear a recording of the interview(s) with JS.

SS really made my skin crawl in this one, far more so than his media interview. I felt like I was listening to someone like Rodney Alcala, for context. Just that horrible way SS goes about himself as if anyone gives a crap. You can TELL he is a complete and utter sicko. That poor, poor little girl. :(

Also? What in the world of lame excuses--read LIES--do you need a "good night's sleep" for your anxiety (???) so you send your young daughter to sleep with a MAN?

And why would your new boyfriend be the one making decisions about your 8 year-old getting a phone? i.e. MS can have a phone if she performed sex acts? RIGHT THERE? JS knew. Anyone who has kids knows what I mean. If MS did whatever she was told to do, and didn't get the phone, she would have been after the phone because kids are like that" SS said I get a PHONE! I want my PHONE!"

So many levels beyond disgusting and disturbing. I hope LE is simply building a rock solid case against her. JS belongs in the same place as SS.

“We woke up around 7 -- 7:15 -- somewhere around there, which is an early start for us,” Sterns said during an interview with detectives. “But we had talked about getting McDonald’s breakfast beforehand, so we want to make good time. We did make good time. We got out the door maybe 7:30 -- 7:45 maybe. Got over to that area. She was asleep in the car most of the time, just snoozing until we got there.”

Sterns later said Soto changed her mind and did not want the breakfast, so they went to school.

Jenn Soto, Madeline Soto’s mother, told investigators that she saw her daughter getting ready for school Feb. 26, the day she vanished.

During the interview, Sterns never mentioned what Jenn Soto knew about the morning her daughter was last seen.

Later in the interview, Sterns said Madeline Soto decided against ordering breakfast, and he dropped her off at a church near her school -- along with her backpack and laptop -- because she was embarrassed by his car.

Detectives later learned that Sterns was recorded on video tossing the girl’s backpack and laptop in a dumpster at 7:30 a.m. Feb. 26.

There remains a huge gap in the timeline Sterns gave detectives -- particularly between the hours of 8:30 p.m. Feb. 25 and 7:30 a.m. Feb 26.

Last edited:
None of SS timelines ever made sense either.

He takes 45 minutes to get to the drop off area. Then changes it up and "rushes home and back" for the clickerin what 10 minutes? then going around and around debating McDonald's, etc. but MS is "asleep", but still somehow able to eat danishes AND decide against having McDonald's and make jokes about her Crocs?

Props to those detectives for keeping it together....

If the autopsy showed strangulation, there is plenty of precedent for that alone justifying the charge. It takes time to do that, enough time to form intent.
Yeah, strangulation, asphyxiation, choking or whatever word you want to use is a very intimate way to kill someone. It's very "up close and personal." It doesn't happen as quickly as it does in the movies, even if the killer is a big strong guy like SS and the victim a preteen. It doesn't matter if you use your bare hands or garrote or a pillow. There's plenty of time to choose between stopping what you're doing and keeping on.

Contrast to, for example, punching someone in a rage so hard they don't wake back up, or they fall and bust their head open on something. You probably didn't mean to kill them but there's no option to go back and, save for immediately calling 911 in a futile panic, there's no way to even try to fix it. Heck, you could stab someone in a rage a couple times but still have time to stop and call 911. Of course you can choke someone in a rage but strangulation is still prolonged.

MOO (but based on fact).

Isn't JS behaviour at the very least child neglect?
Is it a possibility that they offered her a deal in return to be a witness?
Im baffled that there are no charges yet.
You'd assume if LE had evidence of a crime, she'd be charged as well. And yet, she's still not.
It's always possible she's been offered a deal but what does the state need from her they don't already have?
SS is already in a cage where he belongs, with plenty of evidence in hand to keep him there.
JS testimony as a witness against him seems to pale in comparison to the physical evidence they already have on his own phone and google drive accounts. So, a deal seems unlikely.

jmo

You'd assume if LE had evidence of a crime, she'd be charged as well. And yet, she's still not.
It's always possible she's been offered a deal but what does the state need from her they don't already have?
SS is already in a cage where he belongs, with plenty of evidence in hand to keep him there.
JS testimony as a witness against him seems to pale in comparison to the physical evidence they already have on his own phone and google drive accounts. So, a deal seems unlikely.

jmo
It is very possible that JS is still in hospital receiving treatment for her mental health and therefore cannot be arrested at the moment. I do believe as soon as they are able LE will charge her for crime(s) against Madeline.

It is very possible that JS is still in hospital receiving treatment for her mental health and therefore cannot be arrested at the moment. I do believe as soon as they are able LE will charge her for crime(s) against Madeline.
I wasn't aware she was ever in a hospital. Is there a link for this info?

ETA: I also didn't know you can't be arrested if you're receiving mental health care.
Is this an actual law in Florida?

Also? What in the world of lame excuses--read LIES--do you need a "good night's sleep" for your anxiety (???) so you send your young daughter to sleep with a MAN?

And why would your new boyfriend be the one making decisions about your 8 year-old getting a phone? i.e. MS can have a phone if she performed sex acts? RIGHT THERE? JS knew. Anyone who has kids knows what I mean. If MS did whatever she was told to do, and didn't get the phone, she would have been after the phone because kids are like that" SS said I get a PHONE! I want my PHONE!"

So many levels beyond disgusting and disturbing. I hope LE is simply building a rock solid case against her. JS belongs in the same place as SS.
You are kinder than I am in your remarks about where Js should be (with SS). I wonder if they haven’t charged JS yet in case they’re watching her every move irl and online now? If they were selling images or video, they may hope to find out to whom. I wonder, when grandma told the media that Maddie was afraid to sleep alone, if she also knew Js and Ss were sharing a bed with Madeline? Who did she sleep with when she visited Dad? Did the same fear follow her on access visits? I’m not accusing dad. I’m only asking, how prevalent was her reported need to sleep with others? I say that with disgust because I don’t believe she needed it so much as her doing so may well have been required of her at mum’s house. Or, maybe she hoped if she slept with mum that ss couldn’t get her yet, clearly he did. So what then… was mum right there in bed (awake and complicit or stoned on drugs or prescribed meds?) while Ss abused her?? Mum didn’t just fail. She willfully complied in my view.

• Sterns visited a smoke shop after dropping Madeline off at school, twice.
This is unusual. If he is a smoker, then go get your cigarettes. Why go back again? He must have been there for something else. To see someone who works there maybe.
I believe he claimed he went there and they weren't open yet, so he came back later, but I don't have a link in front of me right now, so MOO.

Yeah, strangulation, asphyxiation, choking or whatever word you want to use is a very intimate way to kill someone. It's very "up close and personal." It doesn't happen as quickly as it does in the movies, even if the killer is a big strong guy like SS and the victim a preteen. It doesn't matter if you use your bare hands or garrote or a pillow. There's plenty of time to choose between stopping what you're doing and keeping on.

Contrast to, for example, punching someone in a rage so hard they don't wake back up, or they fall and bust their head open on something. You probably didn't mean to kill them but there's no option to go back and, save for immediately calling 911 in a futile panic, there's no way to even try to fix it. Heck, you could stab someone in a rage a couple times but still have time to stop and call 911. Of course you can choke someone in a rage but strangulation is still prolonged.

MOO (but based on fact).
Re cause of death (which hasn’t been released to my knowledge). Have we considered positional asphyxia? Eg: if she were held face down, it may have affected her breathing and could have lead to her demise. I won’t elaborate on why this could have happened.

jmo
I’m sorry but I would be outraged if they offered / she got any sort of deal!!

• Sterns visited a smoke shop after dropping Madeline off at school, twice.
This is unusual. If he is a smoker, then go get your cigarettes. Why go back again? He must have been there for something else. To see someone who works there maybe.
Just catching up still - wondering, did SS say he visited a smoke shop? Or did Le? Asking because I don’t believe a word he says unless and until LE prove it either way. Also, what time was this said to have happened? Ty in advance.

You should probably prepare yourself for that. I've said this before but she's a prime candidate for one, including but not limited to the fact she is female. MOO.
I would hope that since Le charged SS with murder they have enough to get him with or without her testimony. And even if she did testify in order to get a deal, would anyone believe a word she said? I know you’re right - they’ll probably offer a deal and it’s gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173