Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
A plea deal doesn't necessarily involve "skating." Not saying that's what's happening here, but an example, it's not uncommon for a perpetrator to plead guilty in exchange for the death penalty being taken off the table.

Or to plead guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence.
Sure, I'm well aware of what pleading down is but there are still no charges for JS after all this time.
I don't see her not being charged because she's struck some deal.
I suspect she hasn't been charged because there's possibly no actual evidence to charge her with a crime.
Yet. I believe the investigation is ongoing so, it remains to be seen if she'll ever be charged with anything.

Her judgement & ethics aside, which are IMO crimes against human decency but obviously not actionable by LE.

jmo

Any kind of deal for JS on the murder charge would imply she has something quite valuable to offer, such as direct knowledge of him killing MS and/or covering it up.
In which case, would they really allow her to skate on the criminal activity of knowingly covering up her own kid's murder, just so they can get a murder conviction on only one of the adults in MS's life?
It seems more logical that they'd just charge them both.

jmo
Well, they literally let Karla Holmolka skate away to a lesser sentence when she plead out and gave evidence regarding the murders of two missing kids in the 90’s. She claimed he did it all and she was abused. They believed her. Until they found out about videos the couple made that showed Karla was just as vile as her spouse (PAul Bernardo). You can read more about that case and that horrid couple here: DEAL WITH THE DEVIL: 25 years since Karla Homolka skated

So while I would hope they wouldn’t just let Js go if she rolled on her man, I lack faith that they will pursue her to the fullest extent of the law. I don’t believe in plea deals unless the victim’s family is agreeable to it (eg: in the case of Jacob Wetterling, they agreed to a deal for the perp if he would tell the police where to find Jacob’s remains). The Story Behind Danny Heinrich's Delicate Plea Deal

In this case, JS brought the monster home to her daughter and had her sleep in their bed with them. Or sent them to another room to sleep without her. I’m sorry but I believe she needs to be held accountable for her role in what happened to her daughter.

A loved one of mine as an anxious teen slept on the floor in their parents’ room. I agree there were def other possible arrangements here that Jen should have been able to think of. It sounds like she prioritized her own sleep.
Well she sure as heck did not prioritize her daughter’s safety!! I would really like to know when the sleeping with adults started or if it was a carryover from infancy / toddler years. In either scenario, not normal!!

Well, they literally let Karla Holmolka skate away to a lesser sentence when she plead out and gave evidence regarding the murders of two missing kids in the 90’s. She claimed he did it all and she was abused. They believed her. Until they found out about videos the couple made that showed Karla was just as vile as her spouse (PAul Bernardo).
Leonard Lake's wife/girlfriend "Cricket" wasn't charged because she assisted investigators (to a degree) despite also being involved. She was also outfitted with a name change to protect her identity (barf).

It's very common for female accomplices to major crimes to get plea deals and/or wrist slaps. Sometimes they get harsher punishments but that doesn't negate the exceedingly common wrist slapping.

Still just wondering why JS was not present at her daughter's birthday party. I know 13 y/o me would've been pretty bummed if my mom couldn't attend my party, whatever the reason. Actually, I'd be disappointed if she couldn't make it to my birthday dinner now as an adult. It just wouldn't feel right now having her there. MOO.

Still just wondering why JS was not present at her daughter's birthday party. I know 13 y/o me would've been pretty bummed if my mom couldn't attend my party, whatever the reason. Actually, I'd be disappointed if she couldn't make it to my birthday dinner now as an adult. It just wouldn't feel right now having her there. MOO.
Probably getting her beauty rest.:rolleyes:
It's apparently even more important than her daughter's safety.

She said she couldn't go because she had to work.

Some younger teens still need this, if they lack executive functioning skills. As in reminders to brush teeth, asking if backpack/lunch is ready for tomorrow, another reminder to brush teeth and get into bed...

RSBM.

That is cultural and a matter of opinion, IMO.

You would also be surprised how many preteens want to fall asleep near their biological parents sometimes. So if she still wanted closeness to her mom at bedtime, I think that's fine.

But it's totally disgusting that her mother would think it's okay for her boyfriend to share a bed with her daughter. No child/teen wants to sleep near their mother's boyfriend. I really can't imagine how JS doesn't remember being a child and how no child would ever actually want that. Poor child.
There are people who share a family bed, who walk around nude because it's natural. Different lifestyle, ( not mine ) but a grown man , even a teen boy should not be sleeping alone with a child/ tween. It's just not a good idea.

A loved one of mine as an anxious teen slept on the floor in their parents’ room. I agree there were def other possible arrangements here that Jen should have been able to think of. It sounds like she prioritized her own sleep.
JS sounds like something else entirely to me.

We coslept at various points in kids lives. I'm not against it, by any means. JS needs to catch up on sleep? MS can go hang with grandma or her aunt for a night. Or hey! MS had a FATHER and a stepmom. Send her for a visit.

Prioritizing sleep was an excuse.

If a teenager has a need to regularly sleep in the parent's room for anxiety, then I personally think everyone needs to get some help. Not because I think it indicates sexual abuse, but at some point, if you're not able to sleep on your own, then you clearly need some help. And maybe a nice purring kitty, night light, happy music, etc or some other forms of comfort? MOO.

I know MS grandmother made comments about MS not being comfortable sleeping alone. Curious to know if her dad or stepmother would agree with that assessment or if that line was given to grandma by her daughter because grandma suspected or questioned the odd sleeping arrangements in the home.

Of course, I am reminded that grandmother also said the boyfriend no longer lived there.

I suggest that can be debated, knowing what we now know. I believe that is yet another lie JS told her mother to cover for what she knew was not an appropriate situation in her home.

Of course, I am reminded that grandmother also said the boyfriend no longer lived there.

I suggest that can be debated, knowing what we now know. I believe that is yet another lie JS told her mother to cover for what she knew was not an appropriate situation in her home.

Well, take it for what it's worth, but in the interview SS says he hadn't been there since December.

I also keep returning to the friends of SS saying JS & SS had a certain "variety" of intimate life as well.

We know JS worked from home. At one point, we know other family members lived in the condo and JS, SS and MS basically lived upstairs in the bedrooms. If the abuse began when MS was 8, then others lived in the home then too, right?

(I know eventually it was just SS, JS and MS)

This is just all incredibly disturbing.

Stephan Sterns police interview released: audio only
Listening again. Due diligence on my part...

Around 15 minutes in, he describes jamming his thumb while changing the tire, by the jack, I think. Oh? Or did he get BIT?

Then he describes going back home, ten minutes late for picking up Maddie from school. Says he called JS to tell her what happened and that he was PROFUSELY sorry for being late, because he had promised he'd go with her. What? A two adult pick up from school? That can't be anything but alibi building. Only he didn't get back in time. From making sure Maddie would never get to go to school again.

Just after this, he says he just hung out at home, tidied a bit and "then we got the call". WE got the call. Who is we? He says the call that Maddie didn't come out after school. I think they all suffer from remembering who did what alone and who did what together or who is supposed to say who was or wasn't doing what together.

McDonald's -- she wasn't having it.

Makes my blood boil.

Everything about him makes my blood boil.

Just making it up as he goes, making adjustments to the facts as he's called out. Good on LE for sticking with him and not letting up.

And for what was on his phone, how awful for the LE who had to see it.

And poor Maddie who had to live it.

Sometimes I don't like our planet very much.

JMO

Listening again. Due diligence on my part...

Around 15 minutes in, he describes jamming his thumb while changing the tire, by the jack, I think. Oh? Or did he get BIT?

Then he describes going back home, ten minutes late for picking up Maddie from school. Says he called JS to tell her what happened and that he was PROFUSELY sorry for being late, because he had promised he'd go with her. What? A two adult pick up from school? That can't be anything but alibi building. Only he didn't get back in time. From making sure Maddie would never get to go to school again.

Just after this, he says he just hung out at home, tidied a bit and "then we got the call". WE got the call. Who is we? He says the call that Maddie didn't come out after school. I think they all suffer from remembering who did what alone and who did what together or who is supposed to say who was or wasn't doing what together.

McDonald's -- she wasn't having it.

Makes my blood boil.

Everything about him makes my blood boil.

Just making it up as he goes, making adjustments to the facts as he's called out. Good on LE for sticking with him and not letting up.

And for what was on his phone, how awful for the LE who had to see it.

And poor Maddie who had to live it.

Sometimes I don't like our planet very much.

JMO
Right.

JS was making a list for a trip to BJs or Costco or something? Allegedly...

Like she can't do that errand alone and pick up her own teenaged daughter? They all NEED to go EVERYWHERE together?

SS whispery, creepy, disgusting obviously lying BS would have made it difficult for me to talk to him. Again, major credit to those officers for remaining calm in the presence of such depravity.

It's entirely possible IMO that she told her mom but her mom either didn't believe her or told her not to tell anyone else.
I would also agree it’s possible she told Js and JS refused to believe her. When told by Le she asked to see evidence. Then claimed she did not recognize them despite LE noting in their paperwork that SS has a uniquely identifiable marking to his private bit. This lady is unbelievable!!

Right.

JS was making a list for a trip to BJs or Costco or something? Allegedly...

Like she can't do that errand alone and pick up her own teenaged daughter? They all NEED to go EVERYWHERE together?

SS whispery, creepy, disgusting obviously lying BS would have made it difficult for me to talk to him. Again, major credit to those officers for remaining calm in the presence of such depravity.
Was this interview the very next day? Pretty sure it was.

He was already using past tense at times. "She was so happy..."

I am not unhappy he was majorly uncomfortable with his phone in the LE's hand. He had to fear somehow she'd found something. How she held her disgust at bay, I don't know, but medals to both of them for their efforts.

JMO

In the interview with police, Sterns confirmed he had saved photos to a Google Drive account and that there were photos of him and Madeline, the report said.

"When I asked Stephan about all the pictures he had saved, Stephan then asked if he should be talking to a lawyer. Shortly after that, Stephan requested an attorney," a detective wrote in the report.
[SNIP]
Jenn Soto, Madeline's mother, told detectives that she and Sterns had dated on and off for at least seven years and that he lived on and off at the home. When he was at home, however, it was not unusual for the three of them to sleep in the same bed or for him to sleep in the same bed as Madeline while Jenn slept somewhere else or was not home, according to the documents.
Madeline Soto case: New Stephan Sterns documents detail Google Drive, sleeping arrangements, security footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebg8