Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.

Can’t help but wonder if there is some inappropriate thing called a raspberry cheese danish but I don’t have the heart to urban dictionary or google it
Entemanns does sell them, I've had them.
I suspect he meant that literally, and it's not some creepy thing no one wants to google. :eek:

your opinion is certainly respected. IMO, she is under care and treatment somewhere and cannot be further questioned by LE. he was arrested on SA charges on the 28th at the same time the search warrant was being executed at the home...IMO a family member obtained an attorney for her immediately and she got whisked away. we only know of 'a' interview mentioned that she had with LE. (one of the last LE pressers by Chief H). also, even with the murder charges, *the investigation is still ongoing*

we just dont know anything about her whereabouts, but Im sure LE has that info if she was mobile via car any time that weekend, (via CCTV in and out of the complex)....notably all day sunday, overnite, and all day monday before she left for the school.
If she is under medical care somewhere, can't she still be arrested even if she can't be questioned? I don't know Florida's laws on this so I'm not sure.

Yes, the investigation is ongoing and if she is eventually arrested and charged then so be it, and she will deserve the same full penalty of the law SS is facing. I'll be honest, I hope she's 100% not guilty of anything because that would mean, there's at least one less vile monster in our world, instead of there being one more.

jmo

She said a whole lot of things… just sayin….
yes. but lots missing.

we know he left the complex shortly after dumping Madeline's belongings at 7:35am. but LE did not give a time for him leaving the complex. LE only gave a time of him returning at 8:10am.

sooooooooo, the curious piece to me (and others) is the 8am statement by JS which doesnt fit with SS's substantiated movements. its a fact he RETURNED with Madeline at 8:10am (at which time LE believed she was deceased.)

-In the same conversation between law enforcement and Jenn Soto, Madeline's Soto mom, the report implies that detectives let her know about their suspicions of the alleged sexual abuse.

The report states that "(redacted) did not want (to) believe (redacted) and Stephan were engaged in sexual activity. (Redacted) asked to see the image of Stephan and (redacted)."

When shown a printed photo of what was allegedly found on the Google Drive, Madeline Soto's mom claimed she did not "recognize anything in the picture, as if she was in denial" and then later "became visibly upset," the document states.

Here are a few of Sterns' recounts to police, as heard in the interview:

• Sterns said he and Madeline discussed getting breakfast at McDonald's before school, but they never got it.
  • Sterns said he was unfamiliar with the road names on his route to Madeline's school.
  • Sterns said he and Madeline both forgot their phones at home that day.
  • Sterns forgot to mention to police that he drove all the way back to Kissimmee to retrieve the gate clicker for his neighborhood before dropping Madeline off at school.
  • Sterns visited a smoke shop after dropping Madeline off at school, twice.
  • Sterns forgot to mention to police that he'd gotten a flat tire after dropping Madeline off at school.

Stephan Sterns, Jenn Soto did not look for Madeline when she was reported missing, Sterns tells police​

In an interview with police, Sterns said he and Jenn "stayed local" while the rest of her family went out to physically look for the 13-year-old girl. An officer asked Sterns if he and Jenn had driven together or separately, and he said he didn't think they had driven anywhere at all.

He said he was "zonked out" on anxiety medication was unable to recall where he was. "My brain was mush, and I was on so many tranquilizers to keep me stabilized," he said, according to the interview.
Thank you MassGuy for the synopsis!……. yikes…… this case just seems to get worse and worse. The poor child…..

SFF - (Redacted) asked to see the image of Stephan and (redacted).

So IMO it is apparent who the first redacted individual is and who is the second.

So it seems that redacted first individual asked to see the image? What!!!!!!!!?????

This reminds me of another ongoing case in which the suspect was almost goading the investigator to disclose and identify to him (the suspect) the name of the individual with whom his then missing now dead wife was having an affair. AFAIAC that suspect already knew.

My suspicion of the other individual in this MS case remains quite high sadly. MOO

According to Sterns’ account of the day’s events, both he and Soto forgot to bring their phones with them, which he attributed to the “severe ADHD” they both apparently have. They travelled from their home using John Young Parkway north to a McDonald’s, but did not order any food. Sterns said they were nearing Hunter’s Creek Middle School when he suddenly turned around and drove back toward the McDonald’s, stating that he was unfamiliar with the route to his stepdaughter’s middle school and the time classes began

Sterns estimated he dropped Soto off away from school property between 8:20 and 8:40 a.m. because she was apparently embarrassed to be seen getting out of a parent’s car.

“Why was your car seen going southbound on John Young Parkway at 8:10?” a detective asked after Sterns walked the detectives through the route.

Sterns said he forgot to mention that the pair had to turn around and go back to Kissimmee to get the gate clicker for their neighborhood. According to his account, they continued on to her school. After dropping Soto off, he said he visited a smoke shop and then got a flat tire.

Also? What in the world of lame excuses--read LIES--do you need a "good night's sleep" for your anxiety (???) so you send your young daughter to sleep with a MAN?

And why would your new boyfriend be the one making decisions about your 8 year-old getting a phone? i.e. MS can have a phone if she performed sex acts? RIGHT THERE? JS knew. Anyone who has kids knows what I mean. If MS did whatever she was told to do, and didn't get the phone, she would have been after the phone because kids are like that" SS said I get a PHONE! I want my PHONE!"

So many levels beyond disgusting and disturbing. I hope LE is simply building a rock solid case against her. JS belongs in the same place as SS.
Yes, and sadly 100% on this ^^^^.

And on reflection, it IMO brings new perspective on IIRC JS early on speaking words to the effect that MS is forgetful, didn’t have her phone, we didn’t find anything unusual on her phone, ‘crush’ messages, wouldn’t know the names of nearby streets, etc. I better leave it at that. MOO

Of note, Sterns’ account wasn’t consistent.

Madeline was seen slumped over the passenger seat in an unnatural position.
Madeline frequently shared a bed with Sterns and her mom.

Lengthy interview with SS at the link.
OK, I'm late to the party after the interview with LE was released. With that said, I'm having a hard time with ClickOrlando/News 6's video. I tried to find another copy of it where I have an easier time stopping and starting it (I don't like their vid format), and also for a transcript. Does anyone have either? (different source for that interview and/or a transcript of it). TIA!

Meanwhile, back to the video I'm having problems using. :(

It's interesting that on the one hand, JS was the kind of parent who paid for many hobbies and extra-curricular activities for her daughter, and was involved enough to take her to all of these activities and lessons, yet in other ways, JS was seemingly not vigilent at all. IMO.
MS father and stepmother mentioned sending money for extracurricular activities as well, so I think this might be an unknown

Something I have been mulling over:

SS mentioned to the detectives: "I forgot my phone" She (MS forgot her phone. " We both forgot our phones"

When questioned about using the phone for Google maps and so on, and how he did not use it to "maps" the route that morning, but then said he DID get his phone when he went back to the house after realizing the "smoke shop wasn't open yet." i.e. he "had his phone with him when he went back to the smoke shop for vape juice."

So...guys, I think SS was out trying to meet up with someone, AND?OR MS possibly did not die in the home.

MS did not have a phone or laptop with her.
SS did not have his phone.

i.e. SS understands phones "ping", so both phones would conveninetnyly be pinging away back at the condo.

OK, I'm late to the party after the interview with LE was released. With that said, I'm having a hard time with ClickOrlando/News 6's video. I tried to find another copy of it where I have an easier time stopping and starting it (I don't like their vid format), and also for a transcript. Does anyone have either? (different source for that interview and/or a transcript of it). TIA!

Meanwhile, back to the video I'm having problems using. :(
Found a copy of the vid that's easier to stop and restart a little before where I am. Y'all probably have listened to it already, but if you haven't, and want an easier one to stop/start.. I found one. Would still love a transcript if anyone finds one.

So if SS had his phone when he dumped MS remains, then he really did go out to Target and places along that road--assuming those places are actually out there? Looked pretty rural-ish to me. SS said he called JS--the apologizing profusely crap for being "late" for afternoon pick-up...so maybe he did have a phone with him?

It would be interesting to know if he ever called her, and what her phone records show.

When it comes to SS (and KH's vile plea deal), I agree completely.
Except even the gators don't deserve to be poisoned with him.
All I was saying is, I don't think it was any kind of deal she made that has prevented her from being criminally charged alongside him. Mostly because she doesn't have any kind of leverage to do that. She doesn't have anything the state needs to successfully prosecute him, at least on the CSAM charges. And he's already facing the (thankfully) DP for that.

We can't possibly know for a fact if she knowingly let it happen or helped it happen, especially since there haven't been any charges reflecting that. Since it's been this long and she hasn't been criminally charged, it's likely not because she's somehow covered up her involvement or she's made some deal, but possibly because there isn't any actionable evidence she was involved in any criminal activity when it comes to MS.

Choosing a monster for a boyfriend (unknowingly, as far too many single women have done) or having weird fetishes or completely inappropriate co-sleeping habits doesn't automatically make someone a criminal.

jmo
Well actually, I believe her knowing and failing to protect her daughter would constitute a criminal offence under child protection law. Even if she didn’t know, it wasn’t appropriate for her to send Madeline to sleep with SS or have her in their shared bed. Period. That would fall under child abuse: mental harm, intentional harm etc…

For more information, see the link: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

I could declare her guilty on a number of them but police will need the evidence to back up any charges they may want to bring (if any).

Entemanns does sell them, I've had them.
I suspect he meant that literally, and it's not some creepy thing no one wants to google. :eek:
My opinion, but this part is probably when SS is actually telling the truth. I think he probably got himself the raspberry danish based on the detail of it, and the comment about "having something to eat that morning." He clearly didn't care about MS having something to eat, since she was no longer alive. It was all about HIM, clearly. They're probably his favorite... @@

Thank you MassGuy for the synopsis!……. yikes…… this case just seems to get worse and worse. The poor child…..

SFF - (Redacted) asked to see the image of Stephan and (redacted).

So IMO it is apparent who the first redacted individual is and who is the second.

So it seems that redacted first individual asked to see the image? What!!!!!!!!?????

This reminds me of another ongoing case in which the suspect was almost goading the investigator to disclose and identify to him (the suspect) the name of the individual with whom his then missing now dead wife was having an affair. AFAIAC that suspect already knew.

My suspicion of the other individual in this MS case remains quite high sadly. MOO
Bolded for focus.

I took it to mean that she indicated that didn't believe it depicted who they were telling her it depicted. So she wanted to see it for herself.

OK, I haven't even gotten past the FIRST sentence and already my hinky alarm is going off, and deafening loud. For starters, the heavy sigh that he starts out with is so phony. Also, one way you'll know if you're being lied to is liars will give too many details. I posted about that in thread #3 from a book I read (The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker):

TOO MANY DETAILS – When people are telling the truth they don’t feel they need to elaborate on their story with ‘too many details’.

So with that said... he starts with a heavy sigh and then starts giving too many details! In his first sentence! Woke up early, getting McDonald's, we made amazingly good time getting out the door. LIAR!!!! Just unreal.

*heavy sigh* So we woke up early. The plan was we were going to get McDonald’s breakfast on the way so we made amazingly good time getting out the door.

I can't wait to catch up with y'all!

OK, I haven't even gotten past the FIRST sentence and already my hinky alarm is going off, and deafening loud. For starters, the heavy sigh that he starts out with is so phony. Also, one way you'll know if you're being lied to is liars will give too many details. I posted about that in thread #3 from a book I read (The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker):

TOO MANY DETAILS – When people are telling the truth they don’t feel they need to elaborate on their story with ‘too many details’.

So with that said... he starts with a heavy sigh and then starts giving too many details! In his first sentence! Woke up early, getting McDonald's, we made amazingly good time getting out the door. LIAR!!!! Just unreal.

*heavy sigh* So we woke up early. The plan was we were going to get McDonald’s breakfast on the way so we made amazingly good time getting out the door.

I can't wait to catch up with y'all!

Raspberry and cheese danishes. You'll get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy0511