Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was addressed when the detectives interviewed him in the audio posted up thread. SS stated he came up from his parents home, where he had had to deal with two old deaf people yelling at each other, and a bunch of poodles, and he arrived around 8:30pm Sunday night because JS was working and he was going to help Maddy get ready for her evening routine (paraphrasing here). So, if this is true, he did not attend the birthday party, and he had free access to Madeline if her mother was still at work well into the evening. (Sickening!!!)
MOO.
Well then how did Ms show “us” (per JS) all her gifts from the party? What time was this at?? Was this via FaceTime? In person? JS never elaborated on this. I hope police know!

Then SS to the media bawling his face off about how “happy” she was that they were all together etc. If she was so happy how did she end up dead?? That turned ugly quickly it seems.

I dont disagree, Just thinking about if there is any direct evidence, so far everything is circumstantial, not that thats not good evidence also but what can they charge her with?
Child neglect? Child abuse? Child endangerment? Emotional abuse? Yesterday or the day before I posted a link to the actual law about child protection in Florida. I would absolutely hang her out to dry on a few of these if I were LE and had the evidence to prove it.

If she didn’t know, she would have been super clear on where she was the night before / morning of. She’d have said exactly when and where and how she last saw her daughter. She’d be out looking for her instead of waiting for her at home to walk in the door - to the home she didn’t think Madeline knew the address of. She would not have been comforting SS. She’d have had photos in hand of her baby when in media and begging for her to come home, call someone, hold on we will find you! She had no family at her home offering her support in those interviews. No commotion of friends rallying around he that we know of.

Instead, she focussed on using a lot of words to say nothing really. Vague statements about her not being at the party. The “we” statements….

All the way to claiming not to recognize anything in the photos LE had to show her at her request of SS abusing her daughter?? Who in the hell would demand to see this?? This tells me the woman lives in denial and some sort of weird fantasy land. Why would you not take Le at their word if they told you that your boyfriend was abusing your now dead child and they had found evidence??
Well said!

Not once have I seen a person who knows JS showing support for JS, I have not heard of anyone stating what a wonderful, good loving mother or person she was or how unexpected this was because were such nice ppl etc like you often see. There has been Nothing. Not a single person even her own family has had a kind word to say about her or has come to her defense that I know of. That speaks volumes in my mind on the kind of person she is.

I'm still mulling over the 8am sighting of Madeline getting dressed for school.

.....and the fact that mom not only allowed Madeline to share a bed with Stephan, but actually encouraged it, especially when "her anxiety made her want to sleep alone" :rolleyes:

Makes one wonder what other wildly inappropriate things were occurring in that household that mom allowed, encouraged or considered to be totally normal/harmless that we don't know about.

According to Joeseph Scott Morgan a possibility is: the fact that he got what he wanted from her and she no longer served as a utility for him, is why he killed her. SS doesn't need anything from her anymore, and he has his 1700 photo library now to relive it all. I would imagine the killing is to prevent her from talking. esp if he's no longer around to keep her quiet with tamagochis and acting like her BFF.

I agree with this theory. Maddie, as she started developing secondary sex characteristics, was (GAG) no longer his "type." And there was a real risk that she would reveal what he had been doing for years.

So she had to be gotten rid of as early as possible.

Well said!

Not once have I seen a person who knows JS showing support for JS, I have not heard of anyone stating what a wonderful, good loving mother or person she was or how unexpected this was because were such nice ppl etc like you often see. There has been Nothing. Not a single person even her own family has had a kind word to say about her or has come to her defense that I know of. That speaks volumes in my mind on the kind of person she is.
Dont get me wrong, Im not defending her and I agree, Ive never heard anyone defend her, to the contrary I sense there are issues with the family.
and Im not asking if she was neglectful, or emotionally abusive or any of the other things. Im saying what proves she knew her daughter was sexually abused by this monster and allowed it, and then knew he killed her and planned a cover up with him ?? and hugged him after during a televised interview?? Its so disgusting it's hard to believe. ( thats why I said I'll keep my opinion to myself lol)

If she didn’t know, she would have been super clear on where she was the night before / morning of. She’d have said exactly when and where and how she last saw her daughter. She’d be out looking for her instead of waiting for her at home to walk in the door - to the home she didn’t think Madeline knew the address of. She would not have been comforting SS. She’d have had photos in hand of her baby when in media and begging for her to come home, call someone, hold on we will find you! She had no family at her home offering her support in those interviews. No commotion of friends rallying around he that we know of.

Instead, she focussed on using a lot of words to say nothing really. Vague statements about her not being at the party. The “we” statements….

All the way to claiming not to recognize anything in the photos LE had to show her at her request of SS abusing her daughter?? Who in the hell would demand to see this?? This tells me the woman lives in denial and some sort of weird fantasy land. Why would you not take Le at their word if they told you that your boyfriend was abusing your now dead child and they had found evidence??
Yes photographer4, so true and so very sad as well.

And can add one to that IMO. The other point that floored me as to her behavior early on, IIRC JS was almost emphatic (when MS was still missing and searches were underway in some early areas) that searchers wouldn’t find MS where they were first searching? When I heard that, I was astounded. I could not believe what was being said. Wish I could readily locate that now. MOO

This topic drew my attention, so I can tell you for sure that JS said in one of her two TV interviews that it was a green hoodie.

This I'm not so sure about, but I think in the 911 calls, Maddie's aunt said it was a green sweater.
Yeah, I guess the point I was trying to make in my original post, was really more about Maddie being slumped over in the front seat of the car. Visible enough in the video, that the detective could see the color of what she wore. If what JSM said is true (massive head trauma) - I doubt SS would have had her in the front seat.

Therefore, I strongly feel whatever damage he inflicted on her body (if any). Was done after that point and in a location away from the car & home.

Yes photographer4, so true and so very sad as well.

And can add one to that IMO. The other point that floored me as to her behavior early on, IIRC JS was almost emphatic (when MS was still missing and searches were underway in some early areas) that searchers wouldn’t find MS where they were first searching? When I heard that, I was astounded. I could not believe what was being said. Wish I could readily locate that now. MOO
is this it?
. (3:34)

Reminding myself of basic info, sorry... I think Maddie was about 5'2" and 110lbs?

How tall is SS? Is he athletic? Does he seem like he could carry 110lbs of dead weight? Did he work out/do weights? I don't remember hearing "working out" as an item ever mentioned by him or his friends, (mostly Warhammer, tamagotchi, video games, card games?)
He's in his late 30s still so hasn't got the middle age belly I think? But.....

Bottom line, I'm beginning to wonder how SS would carry 110lbs of dead weight into a vehicle, all by himself.

This just hit me

I'll try to be delicate but there's nothing delicate about this --

When JS was shown a photo of the abuse, oral violation, she said she didn't recognize anything in the photo. What? It was her daughter's mouth/face.

That alone didn't shock, horrify, nauseate her???? Further, if so pressed by LE, she didn't recognize whatever else appeared in the photo, namely a distinct body part of her longtime boyfriend... plus potentially bedding from her own home. Nope, nothing there was familiar?????

Or is the denial, not regarding the assault, but that it happened under her roof?

I can't fathom any reaction that wasn't devastation for my child and immediate cooperation to sink the monster who would do that to a child, to my child. Self-preservation, last on my list.

She was only eight years old.

Jmo

This just hit me

I'll try to be delicate but there's nothing delicate about this --

When JS was shown a photo of the abuse, oral violation, she said she didn't recognize anything in the photo. What? It was her daughter's mouth/face.

That alone didn't shock, horrify, nauseate her???? Further, if so pressed by LE, she didn't recognize whatever else appeared in the photo, namely a distinct body part of her longtime boyfriend... plus potentially bedding from her own home. Nope, nothing there was familiar?????

Or is the denial, not regarding the assault, but that it happened under her roof?

I can't fathom any reaction that wasn't devastation for my child and immediate cooperation to sink the monster who would do that to a child, to my child. Self-preservation, last on my list.

She was only eight years old.

Jmo
I agree, It's basically what Im trying to say, I am not defending her because I dont want to believe a mother could do that, I'm not naive, but willful blindness to SA is one thing, accessory to murder/ cover up is another when its your daughter, that's sociopathic.

So is she doing that? is she working with the police? if so she better kick it into a higher gear, enough is enough. If they can prove that she had involvement other than being clued right out, then they need to charge her.

Last edited:
and he does it all the time, the tone he used in " she never hears no" even describes how he comes by to help Maddie with her routines as if her mom is incapable, yeah ok, after 2 months you show up to help with routines. He has to move back home to help his parents the "aging deaf ones with their poodles. ( because he has nowhere else to go is more like it) All of it is to disguise his incompetence at pretty much everything.
When he said Maddi had extreme ADHD, "as do I and as does her mother" ... and so what? what does his ADHD have to do with anything? he thinks he's so tricky like he's fooling everyone, he's a " know it all" , seems the only thing he doesn't know is how annoying he is and how dumb he sounds.
BBMFF
In no way am I dismissing anything SS has been charged with. He deserves it all and more.
I want to mention that to people with ADHD, it has to do with everything, but I don't feel any real neurodivergent person would answer the way he does. Unfortunately, some people use an ADHD diagnosis for their child or themselves as an excuse for negative or bad behaviours, but there is usually a co-morbidity. As an adult with ADHD and three children with ADHD/AU, I feel he is using ADHD as an excuse, but I do not believe he has ADHD.
But the point is, having ADHD does matter in regard to many daily chores and a neurotypical life; others who are neurotypical sometimes do not understand.

Yes. I thought they knew that because there was something on his phone, because she had been placed in the car earlier, or she had obvious injuries.

I was in favor of the second option, but the last would be a strong possibility as well. If blunt force trauma is true, then that conclusion now makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense is the following:

If she was alive when they got to the car in the 7 o’clock hour, then the dumping of the backpack would be a sign of premeditation.

But why do it like this?

I’m not sure what I think happened at this point.
If he dumped the backpack before killing her then it would possibly? Be to terrorize her or her mother?

BBMFF
In no way am I dismissing anything SS has been charged with. He deserves it all and more.
I want to mention that to people with ADHD, it has to do with everything, but I don't feel any real neurodivergent person would answer the way he does. Unfortunately, some people use an ADHD diagnosis for their child or themselves as an excuse for negative or bad behaviours, but there is usually a co-morbidity. As an adult with ADHD and three children with ADHD/AU, I feel he is using ADHD as an excuse, but I do not believe he has ADHD.
But the point is, having ADHD does matter in regard to many daily chores and a neurotypical life; others who are neurotypical sometimes do not understand.
Ok I think I understand, You are saying Maddie may have needed help with her routines, and he targeted that, but in your opinion, he does not have ADHD, but uses it as if he can relate and understand? is that close ?

If he dumped the backpack before killing her then it would possibly? Be to terrorize her or her mother?
I think it was practical. He knew he had to get rid of that stuff to sell the kidnapping/runaway/lost scenario.

It would be a clear sign of premeditation, but it still bothers me because I’d expect that after she was dead, as blunt force trauma and driving around with a bloody body isn’t ideal.

This scenario of dumping the bag, driving somewhere with a living Maddie, killing her, then taking her body home, doesn’t make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX