FL - Man made girlfriend watch attack on daughter, Charlotte County, 19 January 2011

I can't even begin to imagine watching my baby be raped ONCE, let alone THREE times.? Sorry to be so judgmental, but I would have fought to the DEATH of me had that been my baby. Not necessarily bashing mom, but I just can't fathom being so compliant while this was happening to my daughter. Poor baby :(

But what is "compliant" when someone is holding a knife to your child's throat?

I think the worst emotion I have ever felt was the pain and frustration of knowing that I could not protect my child/grandkids. This is an emotion I would venture to guess many parents have felt to some extent, when they realize they can't protect their child from all the little hurts in the world. Or when the court orders visitation and you know the child suffers during that visitation.

If you take that emotion and multiply it by this violence, it's beyond what I can honestly fathom. I would have done whatever was necessary during those moments to protect my child to the best of my ability and it sounds to me like 'being compliant' was the best thing she could have done. The amount of self-restraint it took was probably great, but the consequences of doing something different may have been worse.

Crimes like this one get to me..... not in a good way :(

Salem

It took all that I had to actually click on the article, read what this did, & then see him, knowing what he did...

However, I don't think that there should be any worries about his fate in prison...

The prisoners love his kind there...

Prayers that this little angel & mom can heal & move past these circumstances forever.

This story is entirely too much for me this evening.

I hear this theory all the time but you just don't hear about many of them being killed. They may do hard time or be shunned or live in protective custody. But every violent sex offender that is returned to society after doing time lived through the prison system that supposedly is filled with this self correcting justice system. Most of them don't look like they are scarred, disfigured, disabled, or otherwise handled by the fellow inmates.

Not attacking your post at all. I want to believe this statement everytime I read it (my apologies to my more highly evolved posters), but it fails to make me feel better when I see how many sex crimes occur, how many are released to do it again. High profile sex offenders may be at higher risk, but high profile inmates are at risk to begin with. Half the ones I had found that were beaten in jail appeared to have been beaten for being Aholes not for being sex offenders.

Guards ignoring warning signs of fights about the happen does seem to be a common theme if there is a sex offender involved. But even those stats are based on inmates suing the jail for failure to protect them so I don't even know how pervasive that is versus how easy it is to claim.

I can't even begin to imagine watching my baby be raped ONCE, let alone THREE times.? Sorry to be so judgmental, but I would have fought to the DEATH of me had that been my baby. Not necessarily bashing mom, but I just can't fathom being so compliant while this was happening to my daughter. Poor baby :(

If you truly believe your child will die if you don't comply you might be surprised what you can endure. Not to save your life but hers.

You being dead and leaving him alone with your child removes any option of her being saved or having her mother to help her in the aftermath if by some miracle she lived through it. Once he is facing a murder charge for killing you why leave a witness at all?

I don't think this is a situation where the mom thinks she has an option that will stop the assault and fails to take it. A suicide mission would not have done much to change the outcome. Might have made it worse if that is possible.

Mom's ability to make different choices occurred much earlier in this relationship. Not blaming her, they have paid a high price, but I do wish women who want to roll the dice with violent men wouldn't roll the dice for their kids too. I know it is complicated and complex, but in my fairytale world motherly instinct takes precedence over bad dating pools.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back