Identified! FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

I am sure FL is not the only state that has bodies...geesh people!

I am sure FL is not the only state that has bodies...geesh people!

Of course it's not!! But more than a fair share of serial killers have managed to make their way down there at one point or another (plus non-serial killers too). It's always good when they get arrestd for murder in FL though -- well if one believes in the DP that is.

Florida, IMO is not full of more dead bodies than the next state. Although we do have many swampy, gator infested areas, I am sure it can be ideal to bury or dump a body. But I am also a San Diego native, and I have only lived in Florida since June. I recall way more crime in the news there than here. I also had a friend murdered in San Diego earlier this year. It's already a cold case, they found him wrapped in a carpet miles from where he was last seen leaving the Hard Rock Cafe. But I also know that the desert in California and Nevada is just as much ideal for burying the murdered. I just think right now Florida has alot more publicity and none of it is good right now.

Kinda o/t but not really.......I went to the NAtional Center for Missing and Exploited Children and plugged in all missing for Maine (where I live)......3 PEOPLE IN 99 yrs....missing in 1971, 1986, and 1984 something like that........then I did Florida.......there were over 300 cases most of them recent from 2008! its amazing based on what part of the country you live in how different things happen.

Wow, Dolphinmom, I never knew we could search that way! Thanks for letting me know! I searched Texas, where I live, and there are 52 missing from just this year! Most of them are teens though which I feel is even more sad. People seem to just write them off as runaways...SO sad. I have been accused of being too overprotective of my children. I disagree. Next time someone says something about it, I will direct them to this website. Thanks for posting this, it gives me ammo in my protection belt.

Florida, IMO is not full of more dead bodies than the next state. Although we do have many swampy, gator infested areas, I am sure it can be ideal to bury or dump a body. But I am also a San Diego native, and I have only lived in Florida since June. I recall way more crime in the news there than here. I also had a friend murdered in San Diego earlier this year. It's already a cold case, they found him wrapped in a carpet miles from where he was last seen leaving the Hard Rock Cafe. But I also know that the desert in California and Nevada is just as much ideal for burying the murdered. I just think right now Florida has alot more publicity and none of it is good right now.

carry a larger percentage of these things. Look at Sex offenders too, same thing.

Your friend was DW here in San Diego? I read about that. It's still unsolved right? I'm sorry for your loss. It's sad, when nobody knows nothing, and for the family and friends have to go through it. What part of SD were you from?

I saw it too. Mentioned found in the Ocklawaha River near a brigde, remember the map showing Hwy 314. Looks to be very near our hunt camp in the Ocala National Forrest. Lots of bodies have been found in that forest over the years.

Here is the link for the Ocala Star Banner but haven't seen anything on it there yet.
http://www.ocala.com/

Did anyone else see this on Channel 9 news tonight?? It was just a quick report, saying that human remains have been found and they were investigating. (more later they said, as always) I've looked all over the net and found nothing. But I heard it and so did my husband. Now no news about it at all. I'm not dreaming this! Okay, the deal is, Marion Co. is Ocala, where Casey stated her Grandparents live. (in the audio tapes) So Casey would know the area. I'm dying for more news but nothing at all...anyone else hear this info???

Do you mean this?

Skeletal Remains Found in Boca Raton Just Off The Road. Click on video.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-912bocabones,0,6779306.story

Kinda freakin out I live in Florida! Eeek!:waitasec:

It's so odd that tons of high profile true crime cases stem from FL..I know there is crime everywhere blah blah blah..but lots of high profile cases down there that is for sure. I still love it there though:blowkiss:

Casey's grandfather is in a Mt.Dora *advertiser censored*.living home which is if I'm not mistaken Lake County, FL. Mt.Dora, FL to Ocala is appox. 60 miles give or take.

Casey's grandfather is in a Mt.Dora *advertiser censored*.living home which is if I'm not mistaken Lake County, FL. Mt.Dora, FL to Ocala is appox. 60 miles give or take.
Right! Straight up Hwy 19 to the National Forest.

Kinda o/t but not really.......I went to the NAtional Center for Missing and Exploited Children and plugged in all missing for Maine (where I live)......3 PEOPLE IN 99 yrs....missing in 1971, 1986, and 1984 something like that........then I did Florida.......there were over 300 cases most of them recent from 2008! its amazing based on what part of the country you live in how different things happen.

it's really THAT bad? :eek::eek::eek:

hmm maybe I should consider relocating? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500