GUILTY FL - Meredith Jessie, 6, & Mark Weekly, 50, Lakeland, 18 July 2015 *Arrest*

.....And she thought her child had a behavior problem... fgs....

I am trying to get past leaving them in the house for four days, coming back with a shovel, scooping them into totes, and then tossing some throws over the blood stained, slashed furniture.

My head is about to explode.

Oh. Then loading them into the Suburban and stowing them in the landlady's shed.

It's official. Head. Exploded.

This is just horrible, so horrible. I just read about it on FB. Shot and stabbed her own father and daughter!! Omg. Her mugshot actually scares me!!

I have to agree about the Mug Shot! Pure Evil!
Not the face u see on her FB page!

Oh cr*p, thought I'd check back on this missing persons case and was NOT expecting to read what I've just read! Hopefully the prosecutor will go for the death penalty. If not, I hope one of her inmates makes her suffer the way she made her victims suffer!

Honestly, choosing a guy over your own flesh & blood is not a new one on me but killing your own flesh & blood to stay with someone who by all accounts sounded "ok" (based on what MSM has said) is beyond believable!

:gaah:

Her mugshot reminds me of Jodi Arias.

That poor man. That poor baby. This is one of those that I just have a tough time wrapping my head around. She could have just left Merideth with her grandfather and left it at that. Why did she feel a need to completely eliminate them by murder??

This. Why did she not just ask her father if he would take over the parenting so she could do what it was she needed to do? It wouldn't have won her mother of the year, but at least they'd be alive.

Shocked. After being on WS for so long, I was sure that grandpa was the monster with nefarious intentions.... Nope. Mother dearest is the monster here.

I do not even know what to say. This is very upsetting. From the presser it seemed as if the mother claims the 6 year old had behavioral issues and the grandfather was upset with mother saying this child is always a perfect angel with me so maybe you are the problem. Focus on your child and quite focusing on whether or not you have a boyfriend.

That poor man. That poor baby. This is one of those that I just have a tough time wrapping my head around. She could have just left Merideth with her grandfather and left it at that. Why did she feel a need to completely eliminate them by murder??
I bet I'd have behavioral issues too with cruella deville as a mother. Hope she rots. And I hope her precious boyfriend dumped her, too. That would probably be more concerning to her than whether or not she rotted.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Woman Charged After 2 Deaths (includes investigation findings)
http://www.therepublic.com/view/local_story/Woman-charged-after-2-deaths_1438738032

Family Wants Death Penalty for Lakeland Woman

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/missing-6-year-old-polk-county-girl-grandfather-fo/nnBhz/

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Jessie got into an argument with Weekly about her new boyfriend at Weekly’s home, on Drane Field Road in Lakeland.
"She was frustrated with the child and as a result, she didn't want the child to mess up the relationship she had with the boyfriend," Judd said.
Family members said Meredith was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and was recently put on medication.
"She was your friend one minute, and the next minute she could snap. But bipolarism is no excuse for murder," said Weekly's sister-in-law, Janice Weekly.

Memorial for Meredith
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/c...-memorial-service-of-murdered-6-year-old-girl

Fred Poore considers himself Weekly's best friend. He said DCF was called on Jessie several times over the years for the way she treated her daughter. He said Weekly wanted custody of Meredith.

"He loved that baby. She was the twinkle of his eye," Poore said.

She looks like a Manson follower. I just get that vibe.

Okay I'm confused. In the interview given by the family they state that MW had had custody of his granddaughter since she was 2 or 3 years old. Then in newspaper reports it's stated that he was trying to get custody. Does anyone know which it was?

"The mother of a 6-year-old girl was taken into custody Sunday after the child and her grandfather were found murdered in Lakeland, the Polk County Sheriff's office said." More here:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...ticles/bn9/2015/8/2/deputies_girl_6_gran.html

Can't say I wasn't warned, but I looked at the mug shot anyway. So much hate in those eyes. She isn't exactly feminine-looking, is she? Wonder how the boyfriend feels now. Or if he even knew he was the boyfriend! Yes, everyone is right, she is really scary-looking.

Going from his picture, her father looks like a kind person, and her daughter was absolutely precious. How could anyone do something like this to their own flesh and blood? I wish this woman all the worst, she has earned it. I am FURIOUS at this woman-thing.

Okay I'm confused. In the interview given by the family they state that MW had had custody of his granddaughter since she was 2 or 3 years old. Then in newspaper reports it's stated that he was trying to get custody. Does anyone know which it was?

I don't know the answer to this, but I did see on the grandfather's Facebook that he had major surgery a year ago, and he looked very ill in pictures from that time. Maybe he had to give up custody when he became il?

Horrible. (And so often in FL ?!?)

The mugshot is chilling. There seems to be an asymmetry to her features which I think was once mentioned in an episode of "Criminal Minds". If you hold up a piece of paper to hide once side of the face the two halves are totally different.
(PS: Do not do this now if you want to sleep tonight! The RHS is v. v. scary)

http://www.wftv.com/photo/news/local/cheyenne-jessie/pCmTq3/

bbm in the quotes, which are from this link: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/missing-6-year-old-polk-county-girl-grandfather-fo/nnBhz/

Family members said Meredith was diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and was recently put on medication.

"She was your friend one minute, and the next minute she could snap. But bipolarism is no excuse for murder," said Weekly's sister-in-law, Janice Weekly....

That's a heavy diagnosis. And I have to wonder if her symptoms/behavior (besides murdering her family members, of course) worsened after the recent medication. With that dual diagnosis -- you could be looking at some pretty drastic unexpected reactions to the wrong med/combination of meds. And while it may not be an "excuse" ...mental illness may very well be the cause here. This is not a "she murdered and then was diagnosed" scenario. She was already diagnosed. If the diagnosis is accurate, there is no telling what may have been in her head when this happened.(*** Please see my ETA below, as I was misunderstanding the article...sorry!)

Such a sad, sad story.

..."She had planned this. She had the furniture covered, is what we heard," said Mark Weekly's sister-in-law, Gaye Weekly. "I want her to have to pay for it. I mean, I don't want her getting off with a lawyer putting her in a mental institution, because this is premeditated. Mental illness you don't plan out something, you just act. She planned this out."...

I read something a long time back that resonated with me -- and I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly where, and I am paraphrasing from my memory of it... something like: People think crazy people don't make plans. But they do -- they make crazy plans. (no offense intended with the word "crazy" -- that word itself WAS in the original, I remember that much)

ETA: OK, I'm totally confused now.
Thought this was saying the mom was the one recently diagnosed and put on meds...but now I realize it says Meredith, which is the little girl, right? Anyhow, so I guess I misunderstood...but the family seems to be bringing mental illness into the discussion about the mom, too -- so I DO wonder if maybe she has a similar diagnosis...? I'm very sorry for misunderstanding the reference to to the recent diagnosis and bringing confusion here...but, IMO, the article is written in a way that kind of leads that way.

bbm in the quotes, which are from this link: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/missing-6-year-old-polk-county-girl-grandfather-fo/nnBhz/

That's a heavy diagnosis. And I have to wonder if her symptoms/behavior (besides murdering her family members, of course) worsened after the recent medication. With that dual diagnosis -- you could be looking at some pretty drastic unexpected reactions to the wrong med/combination of meds. And while it may not be an "excuse" ...mental illness may very well be the cause here. This is not a "she murdered and then was diagnosed" scenario. She was already diagnosed. If the diagnosis is accurate, there is no telling what may have been in her head when this happened.(*** Please see my ETA below, as I was misunderstanding the article...sorry!)

Such a sad, sad story.

I read something a long time back that resonated with me -- and I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly where, and I am paraphrasing from my memory of it... something like: People think crazy people don't make plans. But they do -- they make crazy plans. (no offense intended with the word "crazy" -- that word itself WAS in the original, I remember that much)

ETA: OK, I'm totally confused now.
Thought this was saying the mom was the one recently diagnosed and put on meds...but now I realize it says Meredith, which is the little girl, right? Anyhow, so I guess I misunderstood...but the family seems to be bringing mental illness into the discussion about the mom, too -- so I DO wonder if maybe she has a similar diagnosis...? I'm very sorry for misunderstanding the reference to to the recent diagnosis and bringing confusion here...but, IMO, the article is written in a way that kind of leads that way.

Maybe some of our members know: is scizophrenia dx-able in a child that age?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back