GUILTY FL - Michael Brewer, 15, set ablaze by classmates, Deerfield Beach, 12 Oct 2009

Is he in pain because of the burn injuries? Has he got adequate pain medication?

I would hate to see anyone turned a criminal because they're in agony and have to use illegal drugs to self-medicate because whatever is available from their doctor is not working.

Or perhaps he's developed an addiction because of the serious painkillers he needed because of his injuries. Many of those prescriptions are highly addictive, and addiction can be an unfortunate side effect to necessary use.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he were self medicating due to mental health issues that arose from the attack. I hope he gets treatment.

this is my thinking. that he developed an addiction while being treated for his horrific burns and now is coping with things he is unhappy with in life by using drugs to hide from his problems/concerns.

Prayers for him, and prayers for his family. they've gone through an awful lot already, I would hate to see them lose Michael to addiction

this is my thinking. that he developed an addiction while being treated for his horrific burns and now is coping with things he is unhappy with in life by using drugs to hide from his problems/concerns.

Prayers for him, and prayers for his family. they've gone through an awful lot already, I would hate to see them lose Michael to addiction
Well, in the arrest affidavit it does state that the empty Morphine prescription bottle did have Michael's name on it (as the patient). So, he's been on Morphine. Can't imagine what else he has been prescribed over the years.

Weed, crack, 3 oxy's and an empty Morphine bottle. Have to wonder if Michael is the "designated holder" since his background would "somewhat explain" what is found on him - well, except for the crack.

Its sad. And its difficult, but where are his parents? He's 18 now - so he can just tell them to go jump in the ocean - I'm grown type of thing. Still, after an event as horrific as what Michael went through, I would think a parent would be super vigilant with the child - regardless of how "old" he is now.

JMHO

He was involved with drugs BEFORE he was burned. I think drugs were (part) of the reason for the attack. Ya remember the 'mermaid game'? He admitted in court that the 'game' was actually a bowl for smoking mj. ah nevermind! That was in the article. I should read them before I comment.

does crack help with pain?

Why does the article say Matthew Brewer?

I'd like to post more about this, but last time I did my post went poof.

I hope this young man gets it on track.

Update

Just saw this over the local news:

Teen set on fire misses court date
Posted: Today at 5:40 pm EDT

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (WSVN) -- A South Florida teenager who was set on fire by his classmates back in 2009 is now facing his own legal punishment.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/l...-set-on-fire-misses-court-date/#ixzz2ZSKeeB00

That's all I can copy & paste - its a very short article, but there is a video at the link.
What gets me is the punishment - write a 500 word essay? Really? Is it a courtroom or a classroom?

Wonder why he missed the court date?

JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500