FL FL - Nancy Bochicchio, 47, & Joey Bochicchio-Hauser, 7, Boca Raton, 12 Dec 2007

How can there be no link?!?!?!

Police: No Link Between Aventura Suspect, Boca Mall Slayings

The 27-year-old man arrested as a person of interest in the Town Center mall murder investigation has been cleared of suspicion after police said there is no evidence linking him to the crime other than his general appearance, WPBF News 25 reported.

[snip]

Boca Raton police spokeswoman Sandra Boonenberg said that the victim of the Aug. 7 robbery was shown a photo line-up, which included Bodek's booking photograph from Friday. The woman indicated that the suspect from her case was not included in the line-up.

Boonenberg told said that the suspicious man in the video resembles the individual police think may be responsible for the slayings, but that there is no other evidence linking Bodek to the crime other than his general appearance.

Much more at link: http://www.wpbf.com/news/16211868/detail.html

No. Freaking. Way.
How is that possible. He looked *exactly* like the guy in the video. How sure was this woman that it wasn't him??

I am a new mother and I have a 3 month old. I live in Miami, but I am still scared to go the mall alone with my daughter. She is at that age where it takes me forever to get her into and out of the car because I have the bulky infant carrier. The idea that someone preys on women with children and would shot a child in the head is sooo scary.

I wish the LE would reveal more information on these cases - like for instance, where the women parked. Did they park near the mall or farther away? Did they park in a cluster of cars? Or were their cars relatively isolated? Do they think the guy jumpde from the back of the SUV next to the child? Or was he hiding next to the car? I mean, I know there is not a lot I can really do to avoid being a victim - other than avoid the malls alone. It would be helpful in the LE gave more information so that others can avoid making themselves easy target.

I personally think maybe the December victims would've lived if they had given more information about the August incident. You always hear about how you never go with a perp to a second location...that if they are going to shoot you, you have a better chance if you run or are in a crowded area. I think the December mother was thinking of this when she tried to undo her wrist ties and call 911. Also, Randi Gorenberg was believed to be jumping out of the car when she was shot. But the August victim was compliant and therefore lived. Maybe if they had known that others lived, they would not have resisted.

Also, what's up with this not-the-guy who is dressing just like the killer at Aventura mall (another ritzy mall)? I mean, if he is not the killer, he clearly has some mental and psychological problems because he was obviously trying to look the killer.

Nothing new on this case? I can't believe they don't have at least one suspect.

New information, the police "do have forensic evidence that connects the murders of Nancy and Joey Bochicchio to the August 7 abduction of a mother and her child at the Boca Town Center Mall. Those victims survived the attack."

"Police are not revealing what this evidence is. But, they say, they have it. Boca police tell us they have followed up on 89 percent on the 1,600 leads on the Bochicchio case. Police say they have evidence that will identify the killer, they just don't know who that person is."
Most likely touch DNA... So if we get a suspect, we get a conviction.

But no forensic evidence that connects Nancy Gorenberg's murder to the other crimes.
Still just because there was no forensic evidence, I still think it is connected but police don't.

http://www.wflxfox29.com/Global/story.asp?S=9463953&nav=menu98_3

A couple of months ago I posted about this on my New England Unsolved blog but I was unaware there was a thread on it.

Two men were caught using Randi Gorenberg's credit card in western Massachusetts and Connecticut (at a mall near my house :eek:). Despite having surveillance footage and a record of what they bought, police have been unable to identify them since their shopping spree on Aug. 12, 2008.
http://www.wpbf.com/news/18029286/detail.html

A couple of months ago I posted about this on my New England Unsolved blog but I was unaware there was a thread on it.

Two men were caught using Randi Gorenberg's credit card in western Massachusetts and Connecticut (at a mall near my house :eek:). Despite having surveillance footage and a record of what they bought, police have been unable to identify them since their shopping spree on Aug. 12, 2008.
http://www.wpbf.com/news/18029286/detail.html

the one on the right looks like the sketch !

WHY is this person targetting BLACK SUV's ?

Are the suspects in those pictures wearing long sleeves? If they are, maybe they are trying to hide identifiers such as tattoos?

Are the suspects in those pictures wearing long sleeves? If they are, maybe they are trying to hide identifiers such as tattoos?

Looks to me like guy without a cap is wearing 1/2 sleeves and the Yankees cap man is wearing long sleeves.

New information, the police "do have forensic evidence that connects the murders of Nancy and Joey Bochicchio to the August 7 abduction of a mother and her child at the Boca Town Center Mall. Those victims survived the attack."

"Police are not revealing what this evidence is. But, they say, they have it. Boca police tell us they have followed up on 89 percent on the 1,600 leads on the Bochicchio case. Police say they have evidence that will identify the killer, they just don't know who that person is."
Most likely touch DNA... So if we get a suspect, we get a conviction.

But no forensic evidence that connects Nancy Gorenberg's murder to the other crimes.
Still just because there was no forensic evidence, I still think it is connected but police don't.

http://www.wflxfox29.com/Global/story.asp?S=9463953&nav=menu98_3

I hope they finally find the person/s who committed this heinous act. My husband gave Joey golf lessons and Nancy was asking when she was going to meet our daughter the day before they were killed. This time of year will always be tough because of the news of Joey's murder shortly before her birthday and two days before our daughter's birthday.

click_to_enlarge_flash.jpg
Jason Derek Brown
x_30_dtl_bocasketchart_0806.h2.jpg
Mall SUV kidnapper killer..

This man here stalks and kidnaps women with [smoked out windowed SUV's ]then ties them up with handcuffs[ novelty store ones ]
plus those ties called ZIP TIES.
Now as you can see [the description is that he has a ponytail and has
GOLDEN BROWN SKIN] according to the only living witness from a kidnapping in BOCA RATON shopping mall

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24930933#24930933

You can read about it and watch it here.... Dateline NBC story entitled " Terror At The Mall" Baca Raton Florida...CARJACKER/kidnapper/ Robber via atv machines.
My question is could this be the same man?
This man is also has NO BODY HAIR........
and may be working with someone,,I read that Jason Derek Brown at one point had a companion who looks a lot like him...
from AMW article JASON DEREK BROWN he was in 2004 35[but holds his age well?}
Also Jason Derek Brown bought a pistol a
GLOCK 45 Caliber semi automatic.
What was the Mall murdered victims murdered by? what kind of a gun????
I think the nose and face sure look close don't you???

Without reading the articles or watching the video - I think you are on to something here. If all the details match up or are pretty close, I would submit this to LE. The picture and the sketch do look alike!

Scary stuff......

Salem

Without reading the articles or watching the video - I think you are on to something here. If all the details match up or are pretty close, I would submit this to LE. The picture and the sketch do look alike!

Scary stuff......

Salem

Anybody who wants to report it as a possible match you are welcome to do so .We are a team here....the more the merrier...
anybody can easily bring up either one to read and see info at AMW...
or DATELINE NBC thanks..the NO BODY HAIR thing gets me...
I think he [dyed his hair and may be working [with a partner ]as the get a way car...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23759073/

Police hunt Fla. mall killer of three
Task force formed to nab killer who preys on women in affluent mall
The Associated Press

BOCA RATON, Fla. - The 911 call lasted a split second. Not even a breath was heard.
It was Nancy Bochicchio's last desperate plea for help.
The single mom and her 7-year-old daughter, Joey, would soon be dead, each bound and shot in the head in the back seat of their black Chrysler Aspen.
Their day started with a trip to the posh Town Center mall in this affluent oceanside community for shopping in the hectic weeks before Christmas.
"You go to the mall thinking you're going to be safe," said JoAnn Bruno, Bochicchio's sister. "Would anyone think they were going to go to a mall in Boca Raton and be abducted and tortured and murdered? I mean, would anybody think that?"
Even scarier, it's not the first time this killer has struck at that mall — and maybe not the last.
March 23, 2007
Randi Gorenberg, 52, heads to the mall to do some shopping. It's a typical day for the bubbly, outgoing doctor's wife and mother of two.
She loves the Town Center. It's got all the best high-end stores — Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue.
Surveillance video shows her leaving the mall at about 1:16 p.m. She walks into the parking lot to her black Mercedes SUV.
Just over a half-hour later, at 1:54 p.m., witnesses spot her car driving through a park in nearby Delray Beach.
Then a gunshot.
Gorenberg's body falls limply from the passenger door, shot in the head.
Her Mercedes is found a few minutes later abandoned behind a Home Depot. Her purse and cell phone are missing. So are her black and white Puma shoes.
No one sees the killer. To this day, he's a ghost.
"It's been a very hard and sad year for me," said Gorenberg's mother, Idey Elias. "And whoever he is, he's still out there doing these evil things."
August 7, 2007
A 30-year-old woman and her 2-year-old son leave the Town Center mall on a balmy afternoon and head for their black Lincoln Navigator in Nordstrom's parking garage.
The woman puts her son in his car seat and loads her purchases in the back.
She gets behind the wheel and is startled to see a man sitting beside her child with a gun to his head. The gunman is dark-skinned, about 5'11", 180 pounds, wearing sunglasses and a full-brimmed floppy hat, possibly with a ponytail.
"Take whatever you want, just don't hurt us," she tells him.

The man orders the woman to drive to an ATM where she withdraws $600.
He then orders her into the back seat, where he binds her feet with plastic ties, secures her hands with cheap novelty handcuffs and fixes her neck to the headrest with another tie.
He's calm but threatens to kill her. She doesn't resist. They drive back to the mall where he puts a pair of blacked-out swim goggles over her eyes.
He asks if she's OK, even gets her a drink of water and her inhaler for asthma. Then he disappears.
The woman eventually frees herself.
"He took my license and told me if his picture was on the news that he would come after me ... and my son," she would later say. "I'm terrified."
She has concealed her identity from the public out of fear for her own and child's safety, appearing before reporters on the condition that her name and face not be shown.
Three days after she was attacked, the same man is believed to have robbed a woman at gunpoint in a parking garage at another nearby shopping area.
Dec. 13, 2007
It's just after midnight at the mall. A security guard making his rounds notices a black SUV idling in the parking lot and calls police.
The Bochicchios are dead inside.
Just 10 hours earlier, Nancy Bochicchio picked up Joey from her second grade class for a doctor's appointment. The inseparable pair then hit the mall.
They enter between Neiman Marcus and Sears and come out the same way less than an hour later, spotted on surveillance video, their long shadows trailing them in the afternoon light.
Video from a nearby bank then shows their car at a drive-through ATM.
Bochicchio withdraws $500. No one knows what happens next but the killer.
Both are bound in the exact manner as the August victim. Their eyes, too, are covered with blacked-out goggles.
Nancy's handcuffs are broken, possibly in a struggle.
Bruno, Nancy's sister, says she was a feisty woman and likely would not have gone easily.
"She would have fought for Joey," Bruno said.
It might have sealed her fate.

'It's a nightmare'
"I can imagine Joey screaming," Bruno said sobbing, her hands clenched around a wad of tear-soaked tissues. "Every time I think of it, it's a nightmare."
Joey would have turned 8 a week after her death. Instead of birthday presents, Bruno bought coffins.
"I have the same dream all the time of her ... just looking down on me and she says, 'You gotta get him ... You gotta catch him,'" Bruno said. "I pray every day that it haunts him ... I pray that he has the nightmares that we all have."
Nancy and Joey are buried by Nancy's parents in a crypt in New York. Bruno bought slots beside them for her and her husband. "We always said we'd be together until the end," she said.
Bruno has sued the mall's owner, Simon Property Group, alleging negligence in failing to provide enough security. The August victim has also sued. Simon officials did not respond directly to the allegations, but said the mall is upgrading its surveillance capabilities.
"These crimes are still under investigation and many crucial questions remain unanswered," Simon Property spokeswoman Billie Scott said.
A task force has been formed to catch the killer. The city is offering a $350,000 reward. Police have followed up on more than 800 tips.
While they haven't definitively linked the Gorenberg case with the others, it appears they're all connected.
"Someone is obviously noticing women in high-end SUVs at the mall and targeting them," said Capt. Jack Strenges of the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.
Numb to violence
Evidence shows Gorenberg may have been trying to leap from her vehicle when she was shot. Bochicchio may have been trying to free herself from the handcuffs.
"It would appear that when they try to resist, he murders them," Strenges said.
Former FBI profiler Mark Safarik said if the same person killed Gorenberg, he may have learned from that experience that his victims would be more easily controlled if they had small children.
"He's now going to get the cooperation that he didn't get with his first victim," Safarik said. "Control is really a big issue for this guy. It's the control that keeps him calm, and when he loses control, things go bad, so I think he learned from the first case."
Safarik said the attacker likely has a violent criminal past and is a local who knows the area. He's impulsive, doesn't consider consequences and is numbed to violence.
"You've got to be pretty desensitized to shoot a 7-year-old," Safarik said. "And my guess is this guy isn't going to have a problem doing it again."

makes me wonder if they shopped or stopped to eat at the same store or something???
Or used the same restrooms???

I didn't see a thread for this here yet. Sorry if there is and I missed it. Also, I wasn't sure if this is the right spot for it. If not, mods feel free to delete or move.

Mother-Daughter Double Homicide

A little after midnight on December 13, 2007 security guards at the Town Center mall in Boca Raton, Fla. made an upsetting discovery. Police say the bodies of Nancy Bochicchio, 47, and her daughter Joey, were found bound and shot to death in Nancy's black Chrysler Aspen. Cops say their killer pulled the trigger at point-blank range. Despite the time of the discovery, police believe they could have been killed in the late afternoon or evening of Wednesday, December 12, possibly just minutes after finishing their shopping.

Joey was just four days away from her eighth birthday.

More at link: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=51704

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/joeyandnancyslegacy

Jason Derek Brown
had a GLOCK 45 caliber semi automatic gun when he went undercover for the robbery and murder of the secuirty guard and armoured truck.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Derek_Brown

Do police have prints or DNA on the guy to rule out Jason Derek Brown?

Do police have prints or DNA on the guy to rule out Jason Derek Brown?

White male very tanned skin she says....
anybody can get a perm and dye the hair plus wear different colored lenses to change eye color so could be him.
Plus...he was said to be about 5'10"-6'
that sounds close to me and JDB did use force when robbing and killing the guard in the truck before he rode off on the bike he ditched...

White male very tanned skin she says....
anybody can get a perm and dye the hair plus wear different colored lenses to change eye color so could be him.
Plus...he was said to be about 5'10"-6'
that sounds close to me and JDB did use force when robbing and killing the guard in the truck before he rode off on the bike he ditched...

It should definitely be called in to the tip line.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back