FL FL - Nicole Baldwin, 41, last seen at daughter’s birthday party, Mount Dora, 2 Nov 2023

BaldwinNicole.jpeg

Sources told Inside Lake Mount Dora Police Department towed Baldwin’s husband’s car Tuesday as possible evidence, and took electronics, including multiple cell phones before the Baldwin family moved out of the home on Strathmore Circle in Lancaster at Loch Leven this week, and investigators were back at the home Friday after the family moved out.

Tipsters have reached out to Inside Lake with theories and suspicions about people close to Baldwin and Inside Lake asked MDPD about some of the tips, but MDPD has remained tight-lipped and not released many details, citing an “active and ongoing investigation.”
Weird how he took Nicole's car to Alisha? Or am I losing my mind? I thought they all lived together
BBM^

The way the first paragraph reads is weird to me - LE towed husband’s car and took electronics from Nicole’s home - what electronics were taken from her own home? Hers or another adult in the house? Was it the husband’s electronics, and if so, does that mean the husband was living in the same house?? They kept searching the home after the family moved out as well… I’m very confused. It sounds like LE is thinking something might’ve happened to Nicole in the home? JMO.
I'm assuming they'd take any and all electronics in the home. I believe they're in one home. Seizing electronics of everyone in the household is something I have seen often

Yes.

OCALA, Fla. (TND) — A man in Florida is under arrest for possession of child sex abuse material and the feds say the case started with the investigation into his wife's disappearance.

Prosecutors said law enforcement in Florida seized Brett Baldwin’s cellphone as part of that missing person case.

Wow! This is a crazy situation. Child abuse material on his phone. Victims under 12 years old. 11 year old daughter. Where is Nicole? What on earth happened? I wonder if we might hear from the older daughter now ... after BB is in custody. Impatiently waiting for the next shoe to drop ... MOO

Wow! This is a crazy situation. Child abuse material on his phone. Victims under 12 years old. 11 year old daughter. Where is Nicole? What on earth happened? I wonder if we might hear from the older daughter now ... after BB is in custody. Impatiently waiting for the next shoe to drop ... MOO
The 20 year old daughter last saw her mother wearing pajamas talking to her 13 year old brother in his bedroom.

Did something happen that caused Nicole to be concerned, to confront her husband about images on his phone? Is that the reason that she is missing? It sounds like police stumbled onto the images after routinely confiscating electronics early in the investigation.

She was last seen on Thursday evening, November 2, reported missing close to midnight on Sunday, November 5. Where were the two younger children during the weekend, if not at home with their father? What do they know, and, if they know something, why did it take a month to search the house?

Weird how he took Nicole's car to Alisha? Or am I losing my mind? I thought they all lived together

I'm assuming they'd take any and all electronics in the home. I believe they're in one home. Seizing electronics of everyone in the household is something I have seen often
Good point. Everyone in the house would be an initial POI, to some degree, so makes sense electronics were seized. I am trying to resist jumping to conclusions about BB, but his arrest for CSAM after his wife goes missing is a glaring case detail.

Was BB at the party? Where was the boyfriend who took the car? We’ve heard crickets about him.

I am surprised this case isn’t getting more attention.
We need a timeline.

^BBM
Per Alisha:

"It does not have anything to do with my mother," she said.

"Good news, a little bit at least, going through the phones they haven’t found anything that could incriminate father or anything. So that’s good news because everybody’s trying to say me and my father are involved in some way and ridiculous things," Alisha said.

The complaint does not say if investigators found any evidence on his phone about Nicole, but it does say that he "has made it known that he is moving to Waynesville, North Carolina in the very near future.”

She was last seen on Thursday evening, November 2, reported missing close to midnight on Sunday, November 5. Where were the two younger children during the weekend, if not at home with their father? What do they know, and, if they know something, why did it take a month to search the house?
Unsure when he took the kids to Wildwood - was this before or after NB went missing (birthday party night)?

“On Friday, the house the Baldwins lived in had been stripped bare and the rental’s door left wide open for several hours. Brett Baldwin’s arrest affidavit said he brought his 11-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son to his mother’s house in Wildwood, but had been planning a move to North Carolina.”

Another strange detail:
"He has yet to enroll his children in a school, making it evident that this move out of the state of Florida will take place soon,” the complaint reads.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

He hasn't enrolled his kids in school for the 23-24 school year at all? Nicole would have been around from August/September through November, when the kids should have been in school. What was going on in that household?

Everything remains the same for now? Mom is missing, dad is in jail for an unrelated offence, the three children are with his family.

Any more searches for Nicole? Is her husband under investigation for her disappearance? Tracing his phone records, or did he leave his phone at home?

Seems coincidental that she vanished, his phone was routinely confiscated, sexual violence content was found on his phone, he was arrested and detained, her disappearance remains unsolved.

Dec 24, 2023 article

[…]

On Saturday, Rogers and her search party went through a wooded area just a few miles from Nicole’s home, where she was last seen on Nov. 2. Terri says they keep returning to search so Nicole’s family can find closure.

[…]

Search Warrant Served for Home of Ms. Terri Rogers,
Nicole's Civilian Search Coordinator*

22 January Episode of Nights With Ping:

*[Rogers’ electronics may be "evidence of, or
evidence relevant to proving” second degree murder.]

Last edited:

Search Warrant for Home of Volunteer Search Coordinator, Terri Rodgers

Well, that is very weird. Wonder what sent investigators to the search organizer’s home?

Absolutely. I hope LE are able to provide an explanation on this one but I'm not holding my breath. Seems like they are grasping for straws here but that's IMO

It looks like a really desperate move on their part. I suppose there’s a chance she could know something important and not be aware of its relevance, but I can’t see her being wilfully obstructive in any way. The woman is focused on finding Nicole.

That said, LE clearly think the daughter knows more than she’s sharing with them, and on that front I reckon they’re probably right. Going by what I saw in her online interviews, I get the feeling she’s a vulnerable little soul in a few different ways.

A quote in the above article from Terri Rogers states that her niece also went missing about 8 months ago in a similar situation. Her name is Tonya Whipp. She also has a thread here on WS.

I wonder if LE found a link between these two cases which in turn prompted the search warrant. (MOO)

“As soon as I opened my door, they all just flooded in,” said Rogers. “I’ve not done anything wrong. All I’ve done was given my time, and my emotions, and my heart and soul for looking for Nicole.”

She said they searched her home and devices. “They searched my phone, computer, old laptops, desktops of my deceased husband.”
“They think I withheld information,” said Rogers, who said she doesn’t know where Baldwin is or what happened to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back