FL - NW FL Authorities seek help identifying daycare

i thought of that too!

this case is weighing heavily on my mind. if the only pics they have are these one, how do they even *know* it's a daycare? it could be a church, or heck even someone's house. the investigators are sure holding a lot of info from us. i'm sure they have their reasons for doing so, but it is making sleuthing a lot harder!

you know, florida has a website for child care facilities. surely investigators can mail or e-mail every provider in those two counties with these pictures?

BBM - Weighing on my mind heavily too.

In one of the articles I read (maybe one of the ones linked above), it mentions the photos being taken to a local daycare in Pensacola. It seems like they are taking them around for identification. JMO, but I think they should start at the family daycares and the church daycares...those pictures just didn't look like a traditional day care setting.

There has to be more photos available....even if they are bad, they could Photoshop or crop the person out.

Ok, so I have been looking around. We don't know for sure that this request is due to child *advertiser censored*, but does anyone else have any ideas? They don't know the identity of the child so IMO the only way the child came to their attention is through photos. They are specifically looking at Santa Rosa and Escambia Counties. What is their basis for excluding other neighboring counties?

These are some recent cases from Escambia/Santa Rosa counties:

This particular case, the victims were all over the age of 18.

66-year-old Milton man was arrested on Dec. 10 and charged with sexual assault on a victim over 12 years of age after Santa Rosa County sheriff’s conducted an investigation on the suspect after a search warrant was executed at his house.
www.srpressgazette.com/news/sexual-11939-milton-arrested.html

September 14, 2010 A Milton man was taken into custody Tuesday and charged with possession of child *advertiser censored*
http://www.srpressgazette.com/articles/santa-11155-general-announced.html

This one really gets me though. I googled him and his Facebook came up. We actually have a mutual FB friend (creepy). He appears to have 3 kids, which is scary. He has recently been posting on FB as well, which means he is already back home.

December 14, 2010 Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum's office announced Tuesday a Santa Rosa County man has been taken into custody and will be charged with possession of child *advertiser censored*.
http://www.srpressgazette.com/news/santa-11865-possession-florida.html

Did some other digging about daycares, etc. I don't know if this is the same link that blue posted, http://dcfsanswrite.state.fl.us/Childcare/provider/SearchResults.aspx?type=Public&action=, but this lets you look at all the inspection reports for the day care centers. Interestingly enough, the facilities with religious exemption don't get the thorough inspections...also the small "family day care homes" with under 10 kids don't get looked at as thoroughly either. I was very surprised at the number of times "not monitored" was noted....

Don't know if anything is connected, but this is driving me nuts. I live here!

group-of-kids.jpg

changing-table-wo-child.jpg

couch.jpg

chair.jpg

camera.jpg

http://www.pensacolapolice.com/news.asp?rid=19548

About the poster on the wall, in the article that MorenoI linked to, from palmbeachpost.com, it says: Detectives know that the poster in one of the photos was distributed to daycare centers around the southeast as part of a "Reach Out and Read," program around 2005.

The new pictures appear to have been heavily edited (by the police). The swivel chair pic has a clear outline of a child in it. And the others (sofa and changing table) have a lot of copy and paste to fill in areas.

Dumb question, if the camera was donated, were any of the other items in the pictures donated at the same time, maybe that could be tracked down and tested for DNA if it hasn't been too badly degraded. I know it would be a long shot, but so is this.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20110329...estigation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

This link gives the address of the thrift store as 1620 N. Palafox St., Pensacola, FL.
I can't get the map to post right, but you can get a good view of the thrift store using Google street view. It appears to be a pretty big place, so it might be well known, not just to people that often shop or work there. All of their proceeds go to feeding, clothing and housing the homeless, as the thrift store is part of the overall agency, sort of like Salvation Army.
The thrift store has a website, which I'll link, since their name is used in MSM, but if it's not appropriate, could a mod please remove?
http://www.loavesandfishessoupkitchen.com/thrift_store.html

About the poster on the wall, in the article that MorenoI linked to, from palmbeachpost.com, it says: Detectives know that the poster in one of the photos was distributed to daycare centers around the southeast as part of a "Reach Out and Read," program around 2005.

The new pictures appear to have been heavily edited (by the police). The swivel chair pic has a clear outline of a child in it. And the others (sofa and changing table) have a lot of copy and paste to fill in areas.

Wow Paul you have great eyes I could barely see that.

This is the first time I've seen this thread and now this is really going to bother me until (hopefully) they find this child. Like someone else said, it reminds me so much of the Chester Stiles case out of Pahrump, Nevada. That case, like this one, sickened me. I hope and pray that they find her. These pictures should be placed everywhere around that area. Someone knows this place, even if the same people no longer live there.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_14734.shtml

I am putting this in here as I feel it is a missing person's case. Mods please move if necessary.

Pensacola Police are asking for help in a child abuse case.

Police say someone dropped off a digital camera at the Loaves and Fishes Thrift Store last December.

On that camera was pictures of a little girl being sexually abused.
These pictures were also on that camera...
They show the victim at a daycare

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_14734.shtml

I am putting this in here as I feel it is a missing person's case. Mods please move if necessary.

Pensacola Police are asking for help in a child abuse case.

Police say someone dropped off a digital camera at the Loaves and Fishes Thrift Store last December.

On that camera was pictures of a little girl being sexually abused.
These pictures were also on that camera...
They show the victim at a daycare

We have a pretty good sized thread about it in the crimes against children forum....
It's a horrible case.. just horrible :(

Oh my...I hope someone can recognize these and LE can find this child. Very scary.

The way I understand it the police are investigating this, but they aren't the ones that would know the day care centers. Who is responsible for doing the checks at the licensed daycares? Health Dept.? DHS? Let's get them involved if they aren't already. EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE and PAST EMPLOYEE of the the last 5 years should be given the copies of these images, either the originals or the press versions. They are the ones that would know, right? they are the ones that have likely seen the inside of this daycare.

I heard the officer say on HLN today that they have unsuccessfully tried to trace the camera....

I have not heard anything about the dress.

I am quite sure that this dress may be helpful for a few reasons.

A) It's not a real common brand (KT Kids/Kenneth Tool Kids) and not a real common dress. I do not know how much more common it is in Florida, but I know it's not at all common online.

B) There are not any used ones of this dress for sale... only a brand new one. I do not remember seeing this dress in my (exhaustive... starting before Halloween) searches in the last couple of years for Christmas dresses. I do not remember seeing it until 2010. Obviously, that doesn't mean it wasn't there before.

C) I am pretty sure the gold on the dress in the picture of the girl in question, is actually a bell. I don't think it came with the dress. If you look at the fringe on the bottom, the little white stars, the shape of the Santa's, the style of the dress and shirt... it's the same dress.

http://www.pensacolapolice.com/upload/images/misc/group-of-kids.jpg

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/muril...ristmas_Denim_Dress_w_Santa_appliques_0_3_NWT

KT Kids Christmas Denim Dress w/Santa appliques 0/3 NWT - eBay (item 220542731727 end time Apr-13-11 09:49:13 PDT)

Has anyone heard anything about them trying to trace where the DRESS was purchased?

I wonder if it was purchased at the same thrift store as he dropped the camera off at?

I hadn't noticed that the girl in Christmas dress was the child in question. Great find on the dress.

I work right down the street from that particular thrift store. I went in there once. It is a decent size, but there is a larger Salvation Army (I think) just up the street that is bigger/better.

I agree with not my kids. I mentioned it upthread....DCF is who handles the inspections in Florida and it surely seems like they could assist the police in identifying the location (if it were in the area or heck even in the State). I know of two centers right off hand that have closed or moved in the last 3 years (one in Escambia and one in Santa Rosa) so that is something to consider too. ??

It turns my stomach to think there is a helpless little girl suffering somewhere...I'm thankful someone was dumb enough to turn the camera in and pray that they can locate her.

ETA: Totally OT, but when you visit the ebay site for the dress, click on the seller's name, and look on the left menu bar...the sellers name is in the same template as Websleuths. Total coincidence, but I thought it was odd.

I couldn't say why, but that looks to me more like a church nursery than a daycare.

I think we had that conversation up thread too. LOL. If it were truly a church nursery and only providing care during church service then there would probably be no other way to identify it unless someone recognized the photos. Santa Rosa County (one of the possible counties) was once known for having the most worship facilities per square mile.

If there are dates/times (accurate ones) on the photos that might help establish a schedule of sorts lending to which type of facility. However, we still have church "nurseries" that provide daycare services during the week as well.

I do wonder if LE is even considering a church nursery, because it is entirely possible. :waitasec:

Ugh, the camera appears to be a Sony MVC-FD90 Mavica. It was released in 2000. This is an old, old camera. It uses Sony's MemoryStick media, but its primary storage is floppy disks. My worry: whoever took these pictures may have bought it second-hand in the first place. Authorities say the pictures were from the last 5 years. I don't think this camera was in production in 2006.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back