FL FL - Ocala Natl Forest,WhtMale 281UMFL, 36-45, Australian coin, Dec'97

@Chrhen thank you for posting. Has your uncle been formally ruled out via DNA against this case? M I’m so sorry that he’s not been found.

Was there any suggestion that yr uncle may have travelled overseas? I know from my work that historical Immigration records are not always perfect and also that 1997 was before facial recognition and electronic verification of documents, so a number of people were able to leave Oz under other names to start new lives overseas.

He does bear a striking resemblance to a man who went missing in Australia in 1994. The recreation seems to me that they were trying to go for an middle eastern man, or somewhere east of there towards India. And I believe the missing man was Sri Lankan.
Stacy DE SIELVIE

Bump.
1707230371567.png
1707230409990.png
1707230442921.png
1707230461859.png
1707230544067.png
''Date of Discovery: December 30, 1997
Location of Discovery: Ocala, Marion County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 1997
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Suicide by hanging

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 36-45 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'6" to 5'7"
Weight: 144 lbs.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed gunshot injury to lower left leg.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Green Nike cap, an Eddie Bauer jacket; blue Rustler jeans, size 33; a brown belt, brown hiking boots and thermal underwear. The golf logo on the man's shirt was traced to a country club in California.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: White handkerchief, blankets, a pocket knife and a Swiss army knife attached to a chain around his neck. Luxottica eyeglasses. Three laminated four-leaf clovers. An Australian dollar coin was also found, leading investigators to believe he could be foreign to the country.

Circumstances of Discovery​

The decedent was found December 30, 1997, lying face down at the base of a tree in the Ocala National Forest. A nylon strap with a plastic buckle dangled from a tree branch about 10 feet above him, leading deputy sheriffs to conclude he hanged himself''.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back