FL FL - Opa Locka, WhtMale, 21-35, UP1236, found on roadway, burned, gunshot wounds, July '85 - Luis Pardo

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
NamUs #UP1236 / DoeNetwork 3528UMFL

Demographics
Sex: Male
Race/Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years): 21-35
Estimated Year of Death: 1985
Estimated PMI: 0 Days
Height: 5'4" (64 inches), Estimated
Weight: 153 lbs, Estimated
Cause of Death: Homicide by multiple gunshots

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: July 6, 1985
NamUs Case Created: April 7, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: N/A
Location Found: Opa Locka, Florida
County: Miami-Dade County
Circumstances of Recovery: A passerby observed the deceased lying supine on the ground along the roadway.
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Charred/burned

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown, possibly dark brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinctive Physical Features: No information entered

Clothing and Accessories
- Wearing a white and brown striped shirt, black or dark jeans (Levi Strauss), and slip-on shoes (dark), thin black belt, white jockey shorts (On the Body)

News Coverage
James Nelson, "Burning body found by Opa-locka police," Miami Herald, 11 July 1985, N11.
Burning body found by Opa-locka police_.jpg

He was identified as Luis Pardo and is now listed in the Unclaimed database as #UCP106887.

Found a yearbook photo of a Luis Pardo in Gainesville, FL who would be 31 in 1985.
Luis Pardo.jpg

What's strange is that he's listed in the 1969 and 1968 yearbooks as "Lewis" and "Louis" Pardo...

"Lewis Pardo", 1969
Louis Pardo.jpg

"Louis Pardo", 1968
Louis Pardo.jpg

Found a yearbook photo of a Luis Pardo in Gainesville, FL who would be 31 in 1985.
View attachment 440595

What's strange is that he's listed in the 1969 and 1968 yearbooks as "Lewis" and "Louis" Pardo...

"Lewis Pardo", 1969
View attachment 440601

"Louis Pardo", 1968
View attachment 440604
He was likely anglicizing his name. Luis Pardo is a Spanish-origin name. (He's likely Cuban)

My daughter dated a guy named Luis. My sister's middle name is Louise. My dad could not bring himself to say Luis because to him it was "Louise" , so he called Luis, "Louie"..LOL

Handsome, clean cut young man. I wonder what happened? I wonder why he's unclaimed?

He was likely anglicizing his name. Luis Pardo is a Spanish-origin name. (He's likely Cuban)

My daughter dated a guy named Luis. My sister's middle name is Louise. My dad could not bring himself to say Luis because to him it was "Louise" , so he called Luis, "Louie"..LOL

Handsome, clean cut young man. I wonder what happened? I wonder why he's unclaimed?
Hopefully we can find some of his family soon...

Luis Pardo is the second Doe with a Hispanic name to be identified in Miami-Dade and listed unclaimed.
Leonardo Ledon (UCP106228) was identified and listed unclaimed just two weeks ago.

Do you think they were identified through DNA or other means?
They were probably identified with a fingerprint match as if it was through dna or genealogy I think they would be able to find family and they wouldn’t be unclaimed.

Luis Pardo is the second Doe with a Hispanic name to be identified in Miami-Dade and listed unclaimed.
Leonardo Ledon (UCP106228) was identified and listed unclaimed just two weeks ago.

Do you think they were identified through DNA or other means?
Fingerprints most likely. It happened in L.A. too that loads of old cases were suddenly identified and on unclaimed bc they had a new fingerprinting system or something.

View attachment 440595

"Lewis Pardo", 1969
View attachment 440601

"Louis Pardo", 1968
View attachment 440604
Pardon me for asking but how can you be sure that the now identified decedent and the man whose yearbook photo you found are one in the same?

They were probably identified with a fingerprint match

Fingerprints most likely. It happened in L.A. too that loads of old cases were suddenly identified and on unclaimed bc they had a new fingerprinting system or something.
BBM

That means there's a DOB, nationality and last known address, right?

MOO

We can't. It's just speculation. They are the only Luis Pardo from Florida where the timeline matches though.
I find that hard to believe. Is this person missing?

There is someone with that name and age that had a Miami residence in 1999.

I see lots of Luis Pardos on Family Search

Despite "sunshine laws", FL vitals stats aren't very good.

I found marriage records for numerous Luis Pardos in the 1970's-early 80's. Unfortunately, FL does not give their age. So, I don't know if they were the same age range as this particular Luis Pardo.

This particular Luis Pardo, could have been a Mariel Boatlift immigrant, hence that might be another reason, he's unclaimed..and there really wouldn't be a record of him in high schools etc. Just a speculation......

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back