FL FL - Palm Beach Co., WhtFem 555UFFL, 46-60, in blue box, Apr'05

Because she was found right alongside an interstate, my bet is on either a trucker on a local who knew the area well
I wouldn't call US 27 an interstate. It is a US highway and does traverse multiple states but unlike an interstate highway there are stop signs, traffic signals, etc so movement along it is much slower than an interstate. It is heavily trafficked by trucks in the area where she was found. Also, where she was found was (and is still) sparsely populated. It's agricultural land. But I agree, a local would likely place her where she was found.

PBSO released a podcast on her last year:

Shahien Nasiripour, "Woman found dead, wrapped in plastic," South Florida Sun Sentinel [Fort Lauderdale, FL], 19 April 2005, 2B.
Woman found dead, wrapped in plastic_.jpg

Ashley Fantz, "'It was a corpse, I got away from it,'" Miami Herald, 20 April 2005, 2B.
'It was a corpse, I got away from it_.jpg
He said he noticed the container, upside-down in a cluster of weeds, about 6 p.m. as he was looking for a place to camp overnight on his cycling journey through the southern United States.

"Being curious, I went over and lifted the corner [of the box]," he said. "I saw a hand. It was a corpse, and I got away from it. I just... It was sick."

Gunn called authorities.

Palm Beach Sheriff's Office deputies guarded the box overnight, and began combing the area early Tuesday morning, removing the plastic wrap that encased the body. That process took 2 1/2 hours.

[...]

Trace evidence was recovered from the container, Capt. David Carhart of the PBSO Violent Crimes unit told Herald news partner WFOR CBS-4.

Carhart would not rule out the possibility that this death may be related to three women's bodies found in suitcases near roads in Miami-Dade and Broward counties in 2001.

Rochelle Brenner, "Body of woman found by cyclist unidentified," Palm Beach Post, 20 April 2005, 3B.
Body of woman found by cyclist unidentified_.jpg
The first clue from the body in a dark blue box was a nicely manicured hand, the only part exposed when the plastic-covered corpse was found.

On Tuesday, an autopsy revealed the hand belonged to a white woman older than 40, possibly closer to 60, Capt. David Carhart said. They are not certain of the cause of death, but believe she was murdered, he added.

[...]

The body, which was intact, was discovered Monday night by a long-distance bike rider looking for a place to camp.

He found the body when he pulled off U.S. 27 down an access road for a cell tower in the no-man's land of southwestern Palm Beach County, just north of the Broward County line. The plastic box was easy to see from the road, surrounded by a wooded area, Carhart said.

"From (U.S.) 27, you could look straight down and see it from the roadway. It was placed in an area where it was gonna be found," Carhart said.

"Authorities seeking to identify dead woman," South Florida Sun Sentinel [Fort Lauderdale, FL], 20 April 2005, 3B.
Authorities seeking to identify dead woman_.jpg
There were no signs of trauma to the body, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office spokesman Paul Miller said. The body was intact, he said, and her death is thought to be recent.

[...]

Authorities think she suffered from cancer because she had a right breast mastectomy and received radiation treatments.

Palm Beach Post, 21 April 2005, 2B.
clip_115976595.jpg
The unidentified woman whose body was found in a box off U.S. 27 may have used a wheelchair, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday. Investigators said they found signs of atrophy in the woman's legs, suggesting she may have lost the capacity to walk. Authorities are attempting to identify the body, discovered Monday night by a long-distance cyclist. It was found in a dark-blue Rubbermaid container along an access road in southwestern Palm Beach County, just north of Broward County. The woman is described as being 5 feet tall and 110 to 120 pounds. She was between 40 and 70 years old, with gray and/or sandy brown hair, a gap between her top two front teeth, several gold fillings and scars on her stomach. She also showed evidence of breast cancer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back