Resolved FL - Port St Joe -2 Children Bound & Gagged in Photo - 96UMFL & 66UFFL - Jun'89 - #2

Not everyone agrees, but I wish we could at least know how it was "resolved".

Well to be honest there has never been any solid evidence that this was ever a case to begin with. The photo was found over three decades ago and nothing has ever come of it other than Tara Calico's mom thinking it possibly could have been her daughter in the photo. If this photo was never attached to the Calico case it likely would have been forgotten about weeks to months after it was reported.

Nobody else has come forward claiming that they think the girl could be their missing daughter (which you think would happen if the kids in the photo were legitimately missing individuals. No one outside of Michael Henley's family (whose remains were found about a year after the photo was taken just a couple miles away from where he disappeared) has come forward claiming the boy looks like their missing son.

When you really think about it unless someone has the belief that the girl in the photo is indeed Tara Calico there is basically zero evidence that the kids were even missing at all.

Not everyone agrees, but I wish we could at least know how it was "resolved".
We had a skull that was discovered around here. They then said it was the skull of a black little girl. And it was near I-10. Everyone on Websleuths thought it was an I-10 serial killer. But whoa...when they gave the address it was at least a mile from I-10 in a gated community of million plus dollar homes. It's the kind of gated community that you need a guard to get in. Guest are required to leave the ID at the guard house. It had me puzzled because this was local and the only thing that was in the news was that a skull was discovered. There was no follow up. Nada. Zip. A skull in the fanciest community and not a peep. (Very, very weird) It was put in NAMUS. However, I did some poking around. The area where the skull was found was next to a very old cemetery and there was construction going on at the time. After about ten years or so, the listing was removed from NAMUS. I guess it's resolved. No explanation was given.

Last edited:
Well to be honest there has never been any solid evidence that this was ever a case to begin with. The photo was found over three decades ago and nothing has ever come of it other than Tara Calico's mom thinking it possibly could have been her daughter in the photo. If this photo was never attached to the Calico case it likely would have been forgotten about weeks to months after it was reported.

Nobody else has come forward claiming that they think the girl could be their missing daughter (which you think would happen if the kids in the photo were legitimately missing individuals. No one outside of Michael Henley's family (whose remains were found about a year after the photo was taken just a couple miles away from where he disappeared) has come forward claiming the boy looks like their missing son.

When you really think about it unless someone has the belief that the girl in the photo is indeed Tara Calico there is basically zero evidence that the kids were even missing at all.
The fact they were bound was what had the police interested in the first place wasn’t it? And then Tara’s mother said she thought it was Tara and it picked up in general interest from there. Agree if that didn’t happen it would have been forgotten, but also not entirely convinced it was an innocent pic even if it wasn’t her.
It’s so widespread you’d think SOMEONE would have come forward and identified one of the two individuals in the pic, and that could have easily told police whether it was a genuine ‘kindnapping’ photo or not.
Perhaps that is what’s happened, but I don’t know why we couldn’t just be told if that was the case?

The fact they were bound was what had the police interested in the first place wasn’t it? And then Tara’s mother said she thought it was Tara and it picked up in general interest from there. Agree if that didn’t happen it would have been forgotten, but also not entirely convinced it was an innocent pic even if it wasn’t her.
It’s so widespread you’d think SOMEONE would have come forward and identified one of the two individuals in the pic, and that could have easily told police whether it was a genuine ‘kindnapping’ photo or not.
Perhaps that is what’s happened, but I don’t know why we couldn’t just be told if that was the case?
Because they were minors.
We often don't hear about every resolved case. Many families request privacy. Why is this any different?

Someone may have told the young woman, "You know you're on the Doe Network"
Young woman: "What? That's embarrassing".

People have a right to privacy. What if she was raped? Then, is she supposed to go on TV and talk about being raped? I'm sure she's a mom herself.

Also when a teen takes off with a young man and an Amber Alert is called and they're found "found safe", Websleuths often deletes the thread.

Last edited:
Because they were minors.
We often don't hear about every resolved case. Many families request privacy. Why is this any different?

Someone may have told the young woman, "You know you're on the Doe Network"
Young woman: "What? That's embarrassing".

People have a right to privacy. What if she was raped? Then, is she supposed to go on TV and talk about being raped? I'm sure she's a mom herself.

Also when a teen takes off with a young man and an Amber Alert is called and they're found "found safe", Websleuths often deletes the thread.
I never said they had to be publicly identified, I meant rather a statement to say ‘the individuals involved have been identified and no crime has been committed’, or something similar if that were the case.
Of course those involved deserve their right to privacy, it just seems odd to say the case is closed with no indication as to whether the case was actually solved or simply shut down. From memory there was some conversation a couple of months ago on this thread as to whether the ‘resolved’ tag was added because someone had indication the case had been solved - or if it was just added after someone was told the case had been closed (and potentially unresolved).
Of course there’s nothing to say anyone involved needs to tell us anything, either way. I just wish they would! All imo.

Well the Doe Network is for missing children it's not technically a site to investigate potential child abuse or child mistreatment. What evidence have we gotten in the thirty plus years since the photo was found that the kids actually belong on the Doe Network?

A case could be made that it might be something for departments that investigate child abuse to look into. Of course since there is no way of knowing who the kids actually are and the fact that both are middle aged adults now it is a little late for that now. But there really isn't much evidence that the kids even belong on the Doe Network.

Last edited:
Well the Doe Network is for missing children it's not technically a site to investigate potential child abuse or child mistreatment. What evidence have we gotten in the thirty plus years since the photo was found that the kids actually belong on the Doe Network?

A case could be made that it might be something for departments that investigate child abuse to look into. Of course since there is no way of knowing who the kids actually are and the fact that both are middle aged adults now it is a little late for that now. But there really isn't much evidence that the kids even belong on the Doe Network.
Because the police initially asked for information regarding the identities of those in the photo ergo the Doe Network posting.

If it is actually resolved a simple "identified" statement would suffice.

Because the police initially asked for information regarding the identities of those in the photo ergo the Doe Network posting.

If it is actually resolved a simple "identified" statement would suffice.

Perhaps. But at the same time it's not really necessary. Generally speaking all anyone has done throughout the history of these port st. joe photo threads is debate if the photo was real or not. Aside from Tara Calico (which by this point I think most of us agree that Tara is not the one in the photo) there is no other 'name' that the photo has been associated with. Aside from the Tara name all it has ever been has been a creepy looking photo that has just as much chance of being fake as it does in being real.

Well, it turns out that each of us remains with our thoughts about this girl and boy... it still seems to me that if this photo is just a fake.... then a girl or a boy (well, now they are already adults) or the one who photographed.... long ago they would have found themselves on the Internet and found out that people are discussing their photo and would write something like “We are fine, this was just a joke” Well, seriously, haven’t any of you ever tried to look for yourself on the Internet....?

Well, it turns out that each of us remains with our thoughts about this girl and boy... it still seems to me that if this photo is just a fake.... then a girl or a boy (well, now they are already adults) or the one who photographed.... long ago they would have found themselves on the Internet and found out that people are discussing their photo and would write something like “We are fine, this was just a joke” Well, seriously, haven’t any of you ever tried to look for yourself on the Internet....?

I don't think it would be surprising at all if they didn't know anything about it. Unless they pay attention to true crime material it would be very easy to miss and unless they have friends who knew what they looked like when they were 10-15 years old and were also aware of true crime cases it would be easy for them to miss as well.

And even if they were to become aware of it the chances of them feeling the need to talk to strangers on an Internet forum and tell them the truth just to satisfy those strangers curiosity would be pretty slim. I could see them feeling the need to tell people they knew in real life what the truth was but not strangers on a forum.

I’m interested in one detail, who don’t think about how this photo could have got on the street in general.... like if they really were kidnapped and what happens... that bad guy who photographed them will just take it and throw out clear evidence just like that... except by accident he lost it....

I’m interested in one detail, who don’t think about how this photo could have got on the street in general.... like if they really were kidnapped and what happens... that bad guy who photographed them will just take it and throw out clear evidence just like that... except by accident he lost it....

If a bad guy did photograph them he definitely wasn't a very smart bad guy. Just putting a flimsy little piece of tape on their mouth that they could probably easily wrinkle off just by moving their facial muscles. Tying them up so poorly to where it basically just looks like they are sitting on their hands......etc.......etc........etc.......

We don't really know for certain the events that took place surrounding the finding of the photo. All we know is a lady found the photo on the ground where a van was earlier parked. Could have intentionally been left or it fell out of a packet of photos. We also don't know if that was the only photo that was found. Could have been other photos as well but the other ones looked normal and thus were forgotten about.

It's really hard to say because only one person found the photo and they never talked after finding it.

If a bad guy did photograph them he definitely wasn't a very smart bad guy. Just putting a flimsy little piece of tape on their mouth that they could probably easily wrinkle off just by moving their facial muscles. Tying them up so poorly to where it basically just looks like they are sitting on their hands......etc.......etc........etc.......

We don't really know for certain the events that took place surrounding the finding of the photo. All we know is a lady found the photo on the ground where a van was earlier parked. Could have intentionally been left or it fell out of a packet of photos. We also don't know if that was the only photo that was found. Could have been other photos as well but the other ones looked normal and thus were forgotten about.

It's really hard to say because only one person found the photo and they never talked after finding it.
Well, it turns out that this woman is one of the closest witnesses ... And by the way, about the electrical tape, I have this very high-quality photograph on my computer and there, next to the boy, there is one used piece of electrical tape ..... if you look at it from the side of the abduction (let's call it this is so) then apparently he already tried to peel it off or peeled it off ....

• Wow
Reactions: IDK
Well, it turns out that this woman is one of the closest witnesses ... And by the way, about the electrical tape, I have this very high-quality photograph on my computer and there, next to the boy, there is one used piece of electrical tape ..... if you look at it from the side of the abduction (let's call it this is so) then apparently he already tried to peel it off or peeled it off ....
And how, pray tell, did you get a digital copy of the polaroid that is more high-res than anything released online thus far? Feel like sharing?

I’ve quoted my post #871 from the original thread below:

“Anyone interested in the photo I encourage you listen to the episode dedicated to it on Melinda Esquibel‘s pod cast
VANISHED: The Tara Calico Investigation / Episode 2: Who are the two kids in this photo?

It covers lots of the questions raised here. Also mentions the witness who saw the two kids at the store where the photo was found; the girl in the store and the boy playing around in the front of the van.”

However, Esquibel has since moved all the episodes to Patreon so no longer free to air

Episode 3 goes into extensive details on the study of the original Polaroid by the Los Alamos Laboratory

Last edited:
If you listen to the Esqubel podcast (Ep2 around the 34 second mark) a lady did ring the police claiming she was the girl in the photo. Apperently the computer in which the officer recorded the details of the call crashed and all data was unrecoverable. She never got in touch again.

I’ve quoted my post #871 from the original thread below:

“Anyone interested in the photo I encourage you listen to the episode dedicated to it on Melinda Esquibel‘s pod cast
VANISHED: The Tara Calico Investigation / Episode 2: Who are the two kids in this photo?

It covers lots of the questions raised here. Also mentions the witness who saw the two kids at the store where the photo was found; the girl in the store and the boy playing around in the front of the van.”

However, Esquibel has since moved all the episodes to Patreon so no longer free to air

But it does go into extensive details on the study of the original Polaroid by the Los Almos Laboratory
Well, I'm not a member.

Did Esquibel say whether the kids were abducted?
ETA: Did she say when (what year) the lady (girl) called the police?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back