GUILTY FL - Reggie & Carol Sumner, both 61, buried alive, Jacksonville, 8 July 2007 *resentencing 2022*

Resentencing trial continues for one of men convicted of burying local couple alive

As the resentencing trial for one of the men convicted in the murder of Reggie and Carol Sumner resumed Monday morning, one of the key questions on everyone’s minds was quickly answered.

After shaking up the courtroom last week when he tried to change his testimony from a previous trial, Bruce Nixon, one of the co-defendants in the murder case, would not be returning to the stand, Judge Michael Weatherby said.

Before prosecutors resumed their case, Weatherby informed the jury that Nixon was “not available to either side as a witness.”

“You should draw no inference at all from his absence. You should also disregard Mr. Nixon’s testimony that took place Thursday afternoon,” Weatherby instructed the jury.

I just found this thread.I am sick to my stomach and totally disgusted that this could happen. I need to update myself on the case as I had not heard of it before .These perpetrators, I cannot call them people, are animals, and even some animals have more compassion. I vote for the death penalty. Absolutely. JMO MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betthicus
Back