FL - Riley Buchness, 6 months, Miami, December 2008 - *Hoax revealed*

http://www..net/119158

I just came across this while searching out the recent news in this case. This case has chilling similarities to poor little Caylee's case with the exception this is a six month old BOY missing-same scenario-THE NANNY DID IT!

:eek:

Well, I am also glad there is no missing child. I feel so awful for the father thinking he was going to see his son for the first time and finding out he's missing then finding out he was never even born. He must be beside himself with grief. The "mother" should pay for the searches and hard work of all those who spent time looking for her imaginary baby. The woman must have been pretty desperate (and mentally ill) to go the lengths she did. Prayers for all.

OMG I didn't think anyone could be crazier than KC -- I was wrong. This woman not only had an imaginary NANNY (or in this case the french Claire the AuPair as someone else said in another thread), she had an imaginary BABY too! Sheesh...amazing. I am very glad that there isn't another missing child, and I feel sorry for the 'father' as well. Must have been quite a shock.

The mother said in the interview, below: ''I don't even know if he's dead or alive"
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/826570.html

That statement made me take a pause... it feels off. Also something else that feels off: they don't know the babysitters last name, yet the mother told the babysitter the baby could stay with her Tuesday night because she (the mother) was running out of the house (at 5pm).

Hmmmmmmm

I hope they make her pay dollar for dollar for every resource they used on on Christmas Eve and Christmas day for this. 20 officers were involved and I am sure some of them may even have had children they spent less time with because of this "case".

Police are now asking for the state attorney's office to force McCormic to pay for the resources that were used to locate the supposed child. According to police, up to 20 detectives worked the case throughout all of Christmas Eve and Christmas to locate the child.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081226/BREAKINGNEWS/81226017/1006/NEWS01

The story was fabricated.

http://cbs4.com/local/riley.buchness.child.2.895140.html

Megan McCormick has been charged with filing a false police report for claiming this child was her son and disappeared December 23rd. Police say she lied about the whole story and she does not have a son who is missing.

The search for a baby, reportedly missing since December 23rd has been called off after Miami police say the whole story was fabricated by a woman who claimed to be the missing child's mother.

That woman, Megan McCormick, has now been charged with filing a false police report. According to Miami police detective Freddy Ponce, Megan McCormick made up the story about her missing 6-month old son to cover up the fact that she had a miscarriage six months ago and didn't want her boyfriend, John Buchness, to know the truth. Detective Ponce explained to CBS4's Marybel Rodriguez that when Buchness came to town for the holidays to visit McCormick and his son, she made up the story about the baby disappearing with a nanny.

Trouble is, police say, there was no baby and there was no nanny. McCormick found the picture of a child on the internet and made up the story. She claimed the baby was last seen with a nanny named Camille on December 23rd but McCormick didn't have a last name for the nanny or an address.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Okey dokey. What is in the water down there?

Looks like the Nanny thing caught on. This woman tried to say the Nanny took her baby. Unlike Casey she did not kill the baby, since there was no baby to begin with. When I saw her on TV with all the tears, it looked suspicious to me. I am glad they arrested her and will try to make her pay for the searches.

http://www.miamiherald.com/1374/story/826840.html
snipped
A frantic two-day search for a six-month-old child ended Friday as a hoax -- with police arresting the 22-year-old woman who spun the tale.

Meagan McCormic had told police her child, Riley Archer Buchness, had disappeared Tuesday afternoon with a nanny named Camille.

But McCormic never had a child -- she had a miscarriage six months ago, police said. And the nanny with a heavy French accent never existed.

McCormic admitted to police that she had used the fake existence of the baby to lure back John Buchness, an ex-boyfriend who had traveled south to Miami from whereabouts unknown to meet his supposed son.

Sorry I just posted another thread. I didn't see this one. Here is another link. I see they want her to pay for the searches. When I first saw this story it put red flags up to me. I live in Miami and it was on our news. I guess she got the Nanny idea from the Caylee case. A bunch of weird people out there these days.

http://www.miamiherald.com/1374/story/826840.html

I read about this on another site. Apparently, in her description, she said that the six month old baby was one foot tall.

Why would anybody make up such a horrendous story? That woman must be truly disturbed. How did she think it would end? A missing child poster lost to the NCMEC site, like so many other missing children who are not recovered? And that was supposed to somehow bring her boyfriend back to her? I hope he runs far, far away!

Amber Alert Issued for 6 Mos Old Boy Taken by the Nanny

http://www..net/119158

"Missing 6-month-old Riley Archer Buchness
Some say truth is stranger than fiction and this story may apply: a Florida couple claim their 6-month old baby boy has been missing since Tuesday and that the baby was last seen with the “nanny”.

<snip>

This time, the police were contacted purportedly the same day the nanny failed to return the child, versus the 31 days Casey Anthony waited to report her daughter was missing. Chances are the parents of Riley are telling the truth, but you can bet the police, after dealing with Casey Anthony for the past five plus months, are viewing the newest nanny story with a jaundiced eye. Even so, the authorities have issued an Amber Alert for Riley"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: It was a hoax
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/12/former_boston_w.html
----------------------------------

It sickens me that someone is using KC as the template for committing new crimes.

Hopefully, Riley's family knew the nanny's phone number, where she lived and maybe this nanny had been seen by someone other than the family.

There is no Riley, the mother lied to the man that got her pregnant and said that. She had miscarried a long time ago. She got that picture off the net.

Police say mom lied in missing kid case

Mom, not Mass. nanny focus of probe

jessicaFargen.jpg
By Jessica Fargen
Friday, December 26, 2008 - Updated 5h ago

Police have arrested a Miami mom who reported that her 6-month-old baby was kidnapped by a Massachusetts nanny and now they say that the 22-year-old woman made up the elaborate story to lure her ex-beau back into her arms.
Police say Meagan McCormic, who was arrested this morning, does not have a 6-month-old baby boy.
Miami police say she downloaded a photo of a baby with a blond mohawk from the Internet and told police that the boy, who had a fake anchor tattoo on his arm, had been taken by her nanny. The photo was widely circulated in Florida and an Amber Alert was issued after she reported the child missing on Wednesday.
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...anny_focus_of_probe/srvc=home&position=recent

Ugh...

The reported missing infant doesn't exist. The "mother" made up a make-believe baby to catch a man.

I wish their was a law so that people like this could be made sterile. I shudder to think what she might have done to get this man's attention if she *did* have a child.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18361067/detail.html

Oops sorry, I didn't see your update..my bad

I'm so glad that this is a hoax. Am also glad that there isn't a 12-inch tall little boy out there.
:clap:
If this fake mommy ever gets pg, she had better get some education fast about babies, she is totally unprepared, and can't even describe a baby, much less know how to care for one.

I'm sorry I know it's not funny, but that made me laugh out loud.

Yikes. I do feel bad for the father, because now he's grieving for the baby who was miscarried and trying to deal with the fact that the baby he'd seen in the photo wasn't really his son and wasn't missing.

Also, that height should have been questioned. Most babies I know were born between 19 and 22 inches, and I did a quick search for fetal development. A baby is typically twelves inches long (if he or she could straighten out fully) sometime around six months gestation, not six months of age.

I wonder why police didn't notice that this "mother" presumably had no baby supplies in her home? Most houses with young ones, my own included, look like Babies-R-Us threw up in there. Not to mention doting mothers typically have more than one photo of their child!

The sad part of people doing this kind of thing is that when a real baby does get taken it is going to cause the public, LE, everyone that might help, to pause for a crucial split second and wonder "Is this another hoax?"

Well, I am also glad there is no missing child. I feel so awful for the father thinking he was going to see his son for the first time and finding out he's missing then finding out he was never even born. He must be beside himself with grief. The "mother" should pay for the searches and hard work of all those who spent time looking for her imaginary baby. The woman must have been pretty desperate (and mentally ill) to go the lengths she did. Prayers for all.

I wondered about the so called father's forced reaction when I saw them being interviewed on TV. They are both garbage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back