FL FL - Ruth Harriett Zornes-Elliott, 31, Homestead, January 1, 1984

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
Added to NAMUS:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

---

Demographics
Missing Age - 31 Years
Current Age - 69 Years
Sex - Female
Height - 5' 4" - 5' 5" (64 - 65 Inches)
Weight - 120 - 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian

---

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact - January 1, 1984
NamUs Case Created - February 9, 2022

---

Last Known Location Map
Location - Homestead, Florida 33030
County - Miami-Dade County
Missing From Tribal Land - No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land - No
Circumstances of Disappearance - Circumstances are unknown at this time. Foul play following an argument with a then-boyfriend is suspected

---

Physical Description
Hair Color - Brown
Head Hair Description - Short, styled
Eye Color - Hazel

---

Photo:
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 4.29.36 PM.png

I hope somebody in Homestead's Police Department have looked at the following UP cases from that time:
UP#16373 - DBF 11/24/84 - 5'4" 17-40yo Straight Brn Hair Gold Chain (Miami - Approx 30 mi(?)).
UP#1213 - DBF 12/20/87 - 5'6" est. 21-35yo Brn Hair (Royal Palm Beach - Approx 90 mi.(?)).

UP#16373 looks more promising IMHO.

View attachment 333329 I know this is a stretch but
How confident are we that the date of last contact is accurate.
I came across this doe
Everything matches except the PMI and the hair color. Is it possible he dyed her hair before disposing of her remains?
Usually Jan 1st means that it was sometime that year - though I can't figure out a plausible scenario for their different hair colors. I guess it's possible that light brown hair was light enough to be perceived as blonde, especially after 2 days in the sun.

Last edited:
[
UP#16373 - DBF 11/24/84 - 5'4" 17-40yo Straight Brn Hair Gold Chain (Miami - Approx 30 mi(?)).
Namus states "The decedent was possibly known to wear a yellow metal necklace chain" does that mean someone saw her before she died and noticed she was wearing that chain?

. I guess it's possible that light brown hair was light enough to be perceived as blonde, especially after 2 days in the sun.
Namus lists the decedents head hair color as blonde but her hair color as blonde/strawberry. Blonde/strawberry is fairly close to light brown. I definitely think it's worth submitting

[

Namus states "The decedent was possibly known to wear a yellow metal necklace chain" does that mean someone saw her before she died and noticed she was wearing that chain?

I took that to mean there was an indication on the body that the decedent wore a chain, like a tan line from a necklace for example.

The MP is wearing a chain in the photo on NamUs.

An additional photo of Ruth has been added to her NamUs profile, along with updated information about a scar.

r4Hd8vJ.jpg

Scar/mark: Linear scar on the side of one of her thighs from a previous alleged knife wound

Added to FBI ViCAP. Additional details are provided.

RUTH HARRIETT ELLIOTT - HOMESTEAD, FLORIDA — FBI

Sometime between 1982 and 1984, Ruth Elliott’s children left with their father to visit relatives out of state. While on this trip, her children received a call that Ruth Elliott had “gone missing” in Homestead, Florida. At this time, no further information on her disappearance is known. Foul play is suspected. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homestead Police Department.

Added to FBI ViCAP. Additional details are provided.

RUTH HARRIETT ELLIOTT - HOMESTEAD, FLORIDA — FBI

Sometime between 1982 and 1984, Ruth Elliott’s children left with their father to visit relatives out of state. While on this trip, her children received a call that Ruth Elliott had “gone missing” in Homestead, Florida. At this time, no further information on her disappearance is known. Foul play is suspected. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homestead Police Department.
This is so sad. It seems her children are now adults and have reported her missing. They must have been haunted for years wondering what happened to her. The father must have a lot of answers. I hope he is still alive.

This is so sad. It seems her children are now adults and have reported her missing. They must have been haunted for years wondering what happened to her. The father must have a lot of answers. I hope he is still alive.

Circumstances of DisappearanceCircumstances are unknown at this time. Foul play following an argument with a then boyfriend is suspected

New addition to The Charley Project

Ruth Harriet Elliott​

1661446470044.png1661446477374.png

• Missing Since01/01/1982
  • Missing From Homestead, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth07/25/1952 (70)
  • Age31 - 33 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4 - 5'5, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Elliott may use the last name Zornes-Elliott. She has a linear scar on the side of her thigh from an alleged knife wound.

Details of Disappearance​

Elliott was last seen in Homestead, Florida sometime between 1982 and 1984. Her children left with their father to visit family out of state, and while they were gone, they got a call informing them Elliott had "gone missing."
The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear, but a theory is that Elliott met with foul play after an argument with her then boyfriend. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Homestead Police Department 305-247-1535

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 23, 2022; casefile added.

I think she could be Palm Beach Jane Doe, found in 1987. She looks quite a bit like the reconstruction IMO.
Original
1661446470044.png
Original

Palm Beach Jane Doe UP1213Ruth Harriett Zornes-Elliott MP88798
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age21 - 3531
Height5'1 - 5'65'4 - 5'5
Weight90 - 130 pounds120 - 130 pounds
Hair ColorLight BrownBrown
Eye ColorUnknownHazel
DLC/DOD1984 - 1987 (Up to 3 years)1982 - 1984
Distinctive FeaturesFracture of the right clavicle.Linear scar on the side of one of her thighs from a previous alleged knife wound.
CircumstancesFound in wooded area.Last seen between 1982 and 1984. (Charley Project)
DistanceHomestead - Palm Beach110 miles

I think you're spot on. Please submit. Homestead PD is awful, try mdpd and Palm Beach if you don't get a response from homestead.

I think you're spot on. Please submit. Homestead PD is awful, try mdpd and Palm Beach if you don't get a response from homestead.
It's been about a month. Haven't submitted as I'm really not sure how to go about it as these types of PD's always ask for me to talk on the phone, which I'm not comfortable.

I miss the days when we were able to see dentals in NamUs along with DNA being available for the missing and the UID's.
Ruth's case was recently updated. No visual changes to the public profile, but I think they may be getting a DNA sample for Ruth, likely because I submitted the Palm Beach Jane Doe as possibly being Ruth in September.

It seems Ruth's case was updated again on the 9th. Palm Beach Jane Doe is still not an exclusion. I feel this has to be about getting a DNA sample for Ruth, likely to compare her to the Jane Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UN_Owen
Back