GUILTY FL - Scott Wilson, 23, killed by drunk driver, Wellington, 12 Feb 2010

Reasonable bond...Hmmm...
Is he having money issues?

Well, his attorneys are trying to paint that picture:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by OkieGranny
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/pa...118-story.html

Also, the defense insists Goodman is not a flight risk and is essentially broke because his liabilities are greater than his assets.

"He is no longer the wealthy polo mogul," Duncan said. Goodman's 2012 federal tax return, turned over to the state, showed less than $500,000 in cash assets at his disposal.

But Collins blasted the pauper's tale, arguing Goodman will run given the chance thanks to "unlimited" family fortunes — a business sold for $1.4 billion in 2004.

So happy the judge denied bond! Hope Mr Goodman enjoys his time in prison while his defense team files their appeal. IMO it had been put off for way too long!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-john-goodman-sentence-announced-20141121-story.html

Me too, Lochlynsmom, me too!! It looks like he may be in there a while.

The judge did him no favors. And he didn't give anything to his attorneys, either. Thanks for the article -- I had not looked around for one yet. It may not be so easy for him this time. And although, IMO, 16 years is not enuff, it is a long time. I guess he should go ahead & notify the USPS of his change of address.

Thanks to His Honor -- a fine judge he is.

Here, here! Justice has final been served. I totally agree the judge on this case needs to oversee a few others I have been following lol!

Glad to hear he got 16 years! Finally some justice served. Thank you Judge Colbath!!:clap::clap::clap::cheer::aktion:

http://www.wflx.com/story/27650401/...odman-be-moved-to-state-prison-in-moore-haven

A court Wednesday granted a request by John Goodman's lawyers to allow the convicted polo mogul to be moved from the Palm Beach County Jail to a state prison in Moore Haven.

A request was made on December 11 that Judge Jeffrey Colbath rescind a "hold" that was put in place on Nov. 21.

The hold was in place to keep Goodman at the Palm Beach County Jail to allow him to appeal to the 4th District Court of Appeal for an appellate bond. The appeals court rejected the appeal on Dec. 5.

Thanks for the update, OkieGranny -- you do have your ear to the ground! I had been looking in the State of Florida Corrections site for John Goodman, mainly to see the mug shot and to see what little details were on the public record, and I could not find it. No wonder! I guess the county jails in Florida are no better that the county jails anywhere else -- they all seem to have such a bad rep, which is probably only half true. Anyway, I should be able to find him in a day or two. I'll update here when I find it!

Happy Holidays to you, O'G. Thanks for all your great sleuthing, and keep it up!!

Well, folks, here's Johnnnnnyyy:

Corrections Offender Network

Inmate Population Information Detail

(This information was current as of 12/21/2014)

W43995.jpg
DC Number: W43995
Name: GOODMAN, JOHN
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 6'01''
Weight: 230 lbs.
Birth Date: 09/18/1963
Initial Receipt Date: 05/16/2012
Current Facility:S.F.R.C.
Current Custody: PENDING
Current Release Date: 03/17/2028
(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)
Send money to this inmate.

Aliases:
JOHN GOODMAN

Current Prison Sentence History:
Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
02/12/2010DUI. MANS.-NO AID OR INFO05/11/2012PALM BEACH100582916Y 0M 0D

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInm...LL&subjecttype=ALL&facility=ALL&workskill=ALL

Goodman's battle over blood in DUI manslaughter case could head to Florida Supreme Court

Wellington polo club founder John Goodman's fight over the blood samples in his high-profile DUI manslaughter case could be headed to the Florida Supreme Court.

And the outcome could impact scores of DUI defendants across the state.

In a split 2-1 ruling Wednesday, a three-judge panel at the Fourth District Court of Appeal agreed with Goodman's legal team that the issues are of such "great public importance" they deserve the attention of the high court justices.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...n-supreme-court-questions-20160824-story.html

This guy is a . I am getting so mad. You know what? I hope he keeps bringing up these ridiculous arguments until the lawyers take every single dime and then some. Then hopefully he will not be able to afford a car or have access to one and then he can drink himself to death.

I know that is an awful thing to say but a young 23 year old with everything to live for and so much to offer the world is gone while this loser still gets to breathe air. He is too old to make all these excuses. Accept what you did and take your punishment.

So angry.

IIRC, he no longer has so many dimes and is sucking the money from his family.

Just take your medicine, John, and be glad that you may walk on green grass and feel the sun on your back one day. Your victim, Scott Wilson, hasn't had that pleasure for a couple of years, and he won't ever again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back