FL FL - Shari Ball, 20, Boca Raton, 27 June 1983

She did. Her family and her boyfriend at that time new.
Shari called her boyfriend from Ashland, VA.
Hi! I am Shane Sia-the woman interviewed and in photo in the aricle. I met Wilder-with my friend Jari--on July 1st, 1983-when he stopped in Lockport, NY at our yard sale in front of my house. Wilder tried his "lure" with us to do modeling portfolios. He drove up-in a car with Florida plates-parked in front of our yard sale and approached my friend ri first. He glanced around but obviously didn't seem to be there for our yard sale(it had been advertised in retailer and we had signs up in various places). When he started talking to me about doing a modeling portfolio-i told him my friend and i were in our early 30's and had our toddlers running around as we were talking to him. I told him modeling agencies like teens/20's-for models, not our ages. He said to me-there are jobs for women our ages-like catalogs, newspaper, magazines-use older women to do the ads, model clothes, etc; First thing that struck me was he was very glib, smooth, had an answer for any doubt you brought up. remember his blue eyes-and that he rarely made full eye contact. He was casually dresse, but i could tell his clothes were wal-mart bought!, and he was very clean and neatly dressed and groomed.
Anyway-i laughed at him, when he gave us his business cards with his name on it as a photographer for modeling agency-as i just got this odd scene of a man stopping at a yard sale hustling two women with kids running around-to do modeling portfoliosWilder reacted to my laughing at him-and i guess he sensed my sketicim-as he went to his car-and brought back two photo albums and showed us the photos he'd done(he said) of women for the portfolios. He pointed out lizabeth Kenyon(who was the former lorida auty Queen who later 9 mos later-vanished and last seen with Wilder), she was from Lockport and her parents had a summer home near me and their store around the corner from me. Wilder then tried relaxing both of us-by mentioning he knew the nyon family and Elizabeth Kenyon-he called them good friends. Anyway-
we turned down his offers..my friend Jari took me aside and said something was "off about him, and told me to please not call him, etc; as he really was working on me to have a portfolio done.
My husband worked locally and came by to see how we were doing at my yard sale and we told him about ilder, and showed him the business cards Wilder gave us. He right away didn't like it-and told me NOT to call Wilder, or respond to him if he called me or stopped by again! He said he smelled a scam of some sort. I'm glad i listened.
It wasn't until i read about Shari Lynne Ball-30+ yrs later--and her being id'd, and the circumstances of her coming up to Florida with a guy promising her a modeling career-at around same time we talked/saw Wilder-that i was convinced-Wilder was her killer. Shari was found in a swamp about 30 min. west of me-i go by that area every month-every time i do-i think of poor Shari!
This is still an open cold case-as unfortunately- 9 mos. after i met Wilder and he went on his killing spree-and i realized who he was-i threw his card away-not wanting anything to do with him in any way! My friend Jari did the same. When Wilder was shot dead in a struggle with police in NH, i saw no reason to call cops about my meeting him 9 mos before that...little did i know i threw away evidence of his being there with me in Lockport-around the same time Shari was likely murdered. old case cops interviewed my friend and i and my husband on our experience. but with no other corroborating witnesses of seeing Shari with Wilder during that time she left Florida and up to my area-...there's no real proof to show he was there-except my friend and my witness statement. Shari's dead, Wilder's dead, Shari's Mom is dead, and Shari's brother has been in and out of jail.., so it seems she has few who can bring her justice..it would seem there are women-SOMEONE out there to have seen Wilder and Shari traveling up from Florida to western ny...even video cameras somewhere, restaurants..
But Wilder was known to travel great ditances without stopping long, and not letting anyone see the girls he picked up and assaulted. He was very careful at keeping them hidden. I believe he murdered hari right after she called her boyfriend when she was stopped in Ashland, VA. to say she was ok-that was a few days before i met Wilder in wny-and a few days after she left her home in Florida to meet this"man who was taking to be a model in NYS"!
I will not give up however-for Shari's sake-trying to find someone who saw her with Wilder(or-whomever), around that last week in June 1983. SOME man-murdered her-and had no intention on making her a model..and the whole MO-souns like Wilder., and all fits on when i saw Wilder-and what he told me about being a model..
.but, who knows, right/

Last edited:
ball_shari.jpg

Shari Lynne Ball

Endangered Missing from Boca Raton, Florida since June 27, 1983

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 100 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Hazel

Shari may use the last name Timmerman.

Shari was last seen in Boca Raton, Florida on June 27, 1983. She has never been heard from again. She may have traveled to New York. Few details are available.

FDLE

Charley Project
The Orleans County Library has old newspapers on microfilm. If they have the newspaper you advertised in, your ad should be on microfilm. They do have some of the "shoppers" archived.

Eta: try www.fultonhistory.com

I wonder if there was any DNA on her clothing or in the vicinity of her remains that could be tested. If it was the serial killer and they don't have his DNA yet, perhaps it would help other unsolved cases too.

Di Zinno said they’ve connected with police in Florida who had Wilder’s DNA on file from an unrelated case. “The Palm Beach Police actually still had his DNA. So we have his DNA that we’re tracking against Ellery Jane Doe’s clothing.” The investigator added that the DNA will be used to test in the Shari Lynne Ball and Tammy Jo Alexander cases, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back