FL FL - Sherri Lynette Savage, 17, Jacksonville, 1982

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
1672991524563.png
Sherri was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida on January 1, 1982. She is described as Caucasian, with a height of 5’5” and a weight of 110.
DOB 10/24/1964

The original missing persons' page on http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/viewMissingPerson-104273602 is archived but if you manually input her name, her case shows up. I input her case as a draft on NAMUS, we'll see if it goes through.
Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 1.57.31 AM.png

I don't suppose she could be? Has she been ruled out for anyone yet
637UFFL

Added to The Charley Project

1699086578116.jpeg
Missing Since: 01/01/1982
Missing From: Jacksonville, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Sex: Female
Race: White
Date of Birth: 10/24/1964 (59)
Height and Weight: 5'5, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance

Sherri was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida sometime in 1982. Few details are available in her case.

This is my Aunt whom I was named after! I wish my family and I could get closure. My grandparents have passed but some of her siblings are still living. Who would I contact to see about her case? Could I give DNA that would maybe help? Or would I be able to reopen her case? My family always thought her boyfriend at the time killed her or she got put into witness protection. She was last seen on the Westside of Jacksonville Fla

Last edited:
This is my Aunt whom I was named after! I wish my family and I could get closure. My grandparents have passed but some of her siblings are still living. Who would I contact to see about her case? Could I give DNA that would maybe help? Or would I be able to reopen her case? My family always thought her boyfriend at the time killed her or she got put into witness protection. She was last seen on the Westside of Jacksonville Fla
I think you could reach out to Jacksonville PD and inquire about giving DNA. They may know more overall about re-opening her case.

I'm sorry for your loss. As VictoriaRobinson642 says, the first port of call is probably the Jacksonville PD.

Please let us know how you get on. There are some very knowledgeable people on here, who may be able to help you. You just have to keep posting, so that people see the thread.

Another helpful thing to do is to buy an Ancestry kit. They're typically on sale around Mother's Day & Father's Day. Once you have your results, download the raw data file to your computer, then upload that file to GEDmatch and Family Tree DNA (ftDNA). Those 2 databases are what LE has access to.

LE and others then work on genetic genealogy to match unidentified person back to their family. This is in addition to contacting LE and offering a DNA sample. It is 2 different avenues to help find match you to your aunt.

Another avenue to explore is 23andMe DNA kit. You don't know who tested where, so you want to try them all. LE does not have access to Ancestry or 23andMe so it is up to you to upload your raw DNA file to GEDmatch and ftDNA.

Once you've received your DNA results, you can also upload that file to MyHeritage and LivingDNA for free and you'll get matches at both of them too. Also upload it to DNASolves for free. You will not get matches there but their database helps solve a lot of unidentified remains.

Good Luck with your research and honoring your aunt's life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back