FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO

I've been looking all over and this is one I posted at one point.

It was horrible blurry but figured at the time it was better than nothing.

Working on marking the street names and will post. ETA: Lord this map is awful ... hope the fire department doesn't rely on it!

And sorry, it does not clear up what trash Somer came from (to me) since Horton is not far from city limits, according to other sources listed in http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4371647&postcount=687

Agree about the map only one I could find!

About garbage all of Clay County is assessed an annual fee for garbage which is paid in our Property Tax once a year. Not sure how they handle dumpsters but I assume they pick up by area so the entire north Clay County was picked up Tuesday. I know my daughter lives on the other end of Kingsley off Loch Rane in a gated community and her residential garbage pickup is also on Wednesday same as Thompsons.

What I'm saying is the dumpster/residential garbage could be any where north of Kingsley or even farther south of Kingsley to the east and to the west. A large area. I will try to find out tomorrow exactly where and when both are picked up.

So...who was the last to see Somer? Kyle burnt house, the young fellow @ the (tanks) or sisters friend, corner of Gano and Grove Park? Help

They may have just given the cross street for reference. The house at 1080 is very close to Gano and Grove Park Drive.

Debarry Ave appears to be a long straight road. If Somer had ran ahead of the children , I would think she would be in clear view of them. So....she must have taken a short cut, went to visit a friend, hid somewhere....I just wish we knew more. Did Somer not go by the crossing guards on Debarry (2nd crossing)? TIA
Cathdawg, from what I've read here, and no, I don't remember when or where-sometime for sure w/in this last week, the first 2 crossing guards said yes, Somer had passed them. The 3rd one simply didn't didn't know whether she had, or not.
Hope this helps. Sorry I'm linkless.

Do we have Somer's birth certificate?
Just want to see if SAM is listed on the certificate.

Aren't the tanks right next door to the burned out house? Could she have climed the fence by the tanks and into the yard at the burned out house by the tanks? That would block the view of alot of people. Maybe someone helped her over from the house?

That's what KYLE says.

Florida investigators are focusing their search into the abduction and murder of 7-year-old Somer Thompson on an empty house just 500 yards from where the young girl was last seen. ...

"That is the last location that we know anyone saw her," said Mary Justino, the public information officer for the Clay County Sheriff's Office. "And it corresponds with other witness information from people in the neighborhood and children from the school."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-tho...f-matches-birthmark-clothing/story?id=8887834

Could be Kyle is saying it because LE is saying it.

If we believe Kyle and his statement that he was the last to see Somer, I could take this as having two meanings, he wants to appear as being honest and is hiding more or he is simply being honest, I know this sounds like concrete thinking. Did we ever figure out if Kyle was the SO (computer sex) and if so do we know what age group he was soliciting on line with? TIA

Nope I am wrong the tanks are not next to the burned out house.

I came accidentally upon this site trying to find something about Philip Garrido's wife Nancy Bocanegra, of which there is little written. Then I read about Somer as a recently missing child, then Elizabeth Olten. I am interested in how someone comes to be a killer. What has happened to them that leads to that outcome?

At any rate, I was amazed at the Jaycee Dugard incidences of how LE and nighbors ignored all that was going on. There were weird things for sure!

Then with the Olten case, it's highly likely a 15 year old girl!

Then I read today about a 14 year old boy who killed a 4year old a few years ago.

I was thinking teenager with Somer as well, but maybe an older driving one.

It is possible that this crime was planned out in advance as with the Olten. It may not have been planned for the day per se, but the idea was in place for awhile. Who knows at this point. Somer's wandering with no accountability is of concern. NOT because of DT, but the fact that she wandered. That would expose her to who knows what out there. And her being so friendly would mean that she would be eay to befriend.

So many options with former and present construction workers, friends and acquaintances of parents, bf's, neighbors, friends of teenagers in the neighborhood.

I am still stuck on the burned out house and that it couldn't be a stranger. How could a stranger have knowledge of the house. Maybe a local could tell us more about the searching that night and how long it went on for. I'm just wondering how someone got her out of the burned out house sight unseen.

And I still say, how can Kyle say that he was the last one to see her alive? That makes absolutely no sense at all unless he was the killer.

In the Olten case, it seems that LE suspected the killer quite quickly, but were not able to act until they received a note. What evidence does LE need to arrest someone?

Aren't the tanks right next door to the burned out house? Could she have climed the fence by the tanks and into the yard at the burned out house by the tanks? That would block the view of alot of people. Maybe someone helped her over from the house?

I thought they were across the street ... mind is gone. :crazy:

Is there any way to find out if the fire at 1080 Gano was arson?

If it was, then there were 2 or more crimes there.

I keep looking to see where there is a record of the fire.....still looking
I only thing I been able to pull up is that the fire chief resign.

I came accidentally upon this site trying to find something about Philip Garrido's wife Nancy Bocanegra, of which there is little written. Then I read about Somer as a recently missing child, then Elizabeth Olten. I am interested in how someone comes to be a killer. What has happened to them that leads to that outcome?

At any rate, I was amazed at the Jaycee Dugard incidences of how LE and nighbors ignored all that was going on. There were weird things for sure!

Then with the Olten case, it's highly likely a 15 year old girl!

Then I read today about a 14 year old boy who killed a 4year old a few years ago.

I was thinking teenager with Somer as well, but maybe an older driving one.

It is possible that this crime was planned out in advance as with the Olten. It may not have been planned for the day per se, but the idea was in place for awhile. Who knows at this point. Somer's wandering with no accountability is of concern. NOT because of DT, but the fact that she wandered. That would expose her to who knows what out there. And her being so friendly would mean that she would be eay to befriend.

So many options with former and present construction workers, friends and acquaintances of parents, bf's, neighbors, friends of teenagers in the neighborhood.

I am still stuck on the burned out house and that it couldn't be a stranger. How could a stranger have knowledge of the house. Maybe a local could tell us more about the searching that night and how long it went on for. I'm just wondering how someone got her out of the burned out house sight unseen.

And I still say, how can Kyle say that he was the last one to see her alive? That makes absolutely no sense at all unless he was the killer.

In the Olten case, it seems that LE suspected the killer quite quickly, but were not able to act until they received a note. What evidence does LE need to arrest someone?

bbm
Are you talking about little Alex Mercado that was missing yesterday and a 14years old has been arrest??

IMO, The lack of proper bussing for elementary/primary school age children in Somer's school district (as mentioned in a previous post) really really burns my butt.

I wonder if the Thompsons (or neighbors) have standing to sue the school (or the FL Public School System) for irresponsible bus policy? It would be interesting to sleuth how the decision not to bus the youngest and most vulnerable in the district came about, how long it's been in place, etc.

Are there any locals here familiar with this policy? Is it controversial locally? Before Somer's disappearance, or only after? Did voters know this specific cut was in the budget they voted on? (If that's how it happened?)

If there is ANY standing, I hope someone would take this case pro bono. It's not necessasry to "win" such a case, for the threat of similar lawsuites to result in a revision/change in policy - which would then be a win for one's community, and perhaps, for public school communities everywhere who might otherwise be considering cutting bussing for elementary/primary kids.

Busses come before budgets for other programs, i.e. extracurricular activities, IMO. i.e. If there is no bus for the babies in the district, there should certainly be no football for the big ones. Period.

(Maybe there is no football, I don't know, not being local but it would be really interesting to see this pursued, and I hope the community is looking into the best way to make this change happen.)

I was curious about this because I know in our county if you live more than 1 mile the bus is available, so I checked the Clay County School District and there it is 1.5 mi. There is a state law that states bus must be available if the student lives 2 mi. or more. And it is more as the child is older.
SEE:
http://www.clay.k12.fl.us/PDF/FAQ_Who_Rides_Bus.pdf

LE said that they followed the garbage trucks and they apparently found the one that dumped from Somer's area. If I understand that correctly, there is no way that someone brought her to the landfill. It's still confusing where she was brought from because some on this site say that it was not the garbage day for Sopmer's area, but rather the city area. Can anyone ascertain if it was from her neighborhood or not?

We no longer have a landfill where I live. Some other state takes our garbage. The only thing we have is the landfill where they take things such as appliances, fridges, tires, that kind of stuff.

The demolition stuff goes to sites that are specifically for demolition.A lot of food goes to a special composting site. But we are very focused on recycling here, except for the garbage , appliances, carpets, freezers, etc that people dump on the side of the road close to where I live because there are not house for quite a ways. (LOL) We are required to have garbage service, but it's not attached to anything like the electric bill like there in Florida. Sounds like a good idea to me. But that's maybe why our commercial dumpsters are locked.

I am so far behind that I probably will never catch up. If I'm repeating something someone else has said please forgive, my garbage, recyclables, and horticulture is included in my annual property taxes. I live in southern Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname