FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the account in SP's name is very strange.

If they need to connect the account to a specific person - why not mom?

Or how bout Grandma - she seems like a nice lady.

Do they not know that the public has questions about this guy? They have to.

Even if they don't have any doubts about him and trust him completely - they should think about how the people making the donations might feel.

I needed to show my ID and provide my SSN when I opened the account I mentioned above, so if SP was the one who opened it, maybe he also had to do that.

I wonder too what made them dig and move heavy objects around in the yard at the burned out house. Wonder if there was evidence she had been buried a short time?

I'm trying to follow all this so apologize if this has been answered. If mom picked up older son at park before calling 911, have they talked to, ruled out older son? Why was he at park? He is older, why didn't he just walk home?

Could be that the time the adult reported seeing her was later than the time reported by the child. Speaking of the adult. I don't know why there's not more info about KR. What was he doing at that house? Is he a construction guy?

The adult I am thinking of is K (no last name known). First reported that he contacted the news station, then later it was said reporter tracked him down. His story is that Somer came up to the workers at the house and told them they were doing a good job.

It's just if you go from the school to Somer's house, the Gano house is before the intersection where CS (minor daughter of Connie S.) says she saw Somer. (Gano and Grove Park Drive)

The only logical way for her to have been at the house after than she was at Gano/Grove Park Drive is if she went back toward the school -- isn't it?

Still trying to think like a 7 yo and figured if I was upset, I would find my best friend and talk to her.

I have seen a KB who was noted as Somer's best friend. I wonder if she saw Somer that day.

Great article Cath.

So the crime happened in 1997 , not charged til 2002, 18 mths jail , 5 years probation......and the victim, my Lord that's a little too close to home. How could the GF even look at him after that.

So the crime happened in 1997 , not charged til 2002, 18 mths jail , 5 years probation......and the victim, my Lord that's a little too close to home. How could the GF even look at him after that.

Do you know if the GF he had then was the GF who died recently?

Rumor has it that WK's GF was friends with DT, a pic was on DT's FB or MS I do not know if there is any truth to this as I have never seen DT's FB, MS.

Interesting rumor.

Would totally connect the dots and the puzzle would work. I am still thinking like the other poster either here or somewhere else-- the toner could have been what LE was referring to as soot.

Walking down that road google maps is pretty eerie-- and a dumpster right there--- and the whole area is woods. creepy

Just think: before long we will have plenty of experience posting in cryptic messages.

Bright side of things-- hey? :)

ETA: BSU should come back and help us out with a quick class. LOL

It doesn't say it was the GF he was living with a month ago. It could have been somebody else's daughter.

I'm trying to follow all this so apologize if this has been answered. If mom picked up older son at park before calling 911, have they talked to, ruled out older son? Why was he at park? He is older, why didn't he just walk home?

Technically, 911 was not called. DT flagged down a police officer, A. Coan and from there, they went to her house.

There hasn't been anything released as far as AC (the son) and his actions. He gets out of school at 3:45 and may have gone there for after-school sports or he may have gone there to look for Somer. I don't know that anyone has determined how he would have known Somer was missing (no mention in MPR from DT that she called him, just that she called her boyfriend).

Also, not sure he was living with DT at the time, so not sure where walking home would actually be.

Do you know if the GF he had then was the GF who died recently?

If you look at the memory video you will see a very young WK , and he reappears in the middle and then again close to the end. I should not assume this but it sure points to the late GF's daughter. 1997. Fairly long video

So many unanswered questions that could be solved with a release of discovery.

But, if it's going to ensure a rock-solid case, I'll try to be patient.

If you look at the memory video you will see a very young WK , and he reappears in the middle and then again close to the end. I should not assume this but it sure points to the late GF's daughter. 1997. Fairly long video

Thank you!

And did I not see (maybe I'm mixing up this daughter, Je_ _ _ _ _ with someone else) that she moved out of her mom's house in 2004? OR was it 2002?

Does anyone remember if dumpsters in the immediate vicinity of where Somer was last seen were checked during the search that first night she was reported missing?

I like how he refers to his crime of sexual battery,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The people living around you have a right to know I invaded somebody else's privacy

I bet that kind of sugar coating is common with these creeps.

link to sexual battery

http://police.ufl.edu/csd/csd_safetytips_sexualbattery.asp

1997 , 22 years ago, victim was between 12 and 17, as it states in the flyer: older than 12 but younger than 18, I realize this is an assumption however if you have the time to watch the video, you will see what I mean.

Been a lurker for a long time. First time poster.

It is my opinion that they may have DNA from Somer's killer but maybe that DNA doesn't match anyone already in the system. Same thing with fingerprints. If the perp doesn't already have a ten card on file then even if they have prints they are of no use. That is why they are asking the public for help.

IMO LE has to keep pertinent information from becoming public info for the very reason stated previously. Right now only the perp and LE know how she died and it need to stay that way.

I like how he refers to his crime of sexual battery,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The people living around you have a right to know I invaded somebody else's privacy

I bet that kind of sugar coating is common with these creeps.

link to sexual battery

http://police.ufl.edu/csd/csd_safetytips_sexualbattery.asp

Yes - and a lot of them also insist that the child invited the sexual advances!!! :sick: In their twisted minds, they convince themselves that what they have done isn't wrong.

Thank you!

And did I not see (maybe I'm mixing up this daughter, Je_ _ _ _ _ with someone else) that she moved out of her mom's house in 2004? OR was it 2002?

The crime happened in 1997, he was sent to jail in 2002 for 18mths. No wonder she moved out. There is only one daughter and you are right it is J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thewelshrock1972