FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that you are making the assumption that b/f who earns $40-60K is helping raise the children. Why do you think such a thing?

Well, if she has had deadbeat boyfriends & Dads in the past...I was assuming she would be shrewd enough to at least get food & rent money out of this one lol. Even if is $30,000.00 only in her parents house, I assume for that area is do-able?

regarding DT and child support...several times I witnessed her getting a phone call from or calling M's dad (child #2 no longer living with her) and there was no "hi", "how are you", "go to hell", "eat shi#", "hold on a sec let me get M"....noooooo her first words to that dad were "WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?!?" no joke....I don't know if it was to show off, or if she was truly being a bi#ch toward him....but this happened more than once.

Theres your insight into DT.

No grudge...just truth.

And this was over 7 years ago - you said you haven't seen mom T. since the twins were born. Maybe she has had trouble getting child support since the first divorce. Supporting your children should not be such a huge issue - wonder why it is?

Regardless of the outcome, I feel for the kids in this family.

My best friend's ex was not much of a dad. He'd tell her lost money in the street, or tell her some crappy employer didn't pay him, etc, while he was spending the money on drugs.

But she never bad mouthed him to her kids ,and they are in their 30's now and love their dad. They know what he is like now that they're adults ,and they enjoy getting together with him. He's a lost soul from the Vietnam War.

All those family stressors on those kids-yow!

Seems to me that you are making the assumption that b/f who earns $40-60K is helping raise the children. Why do you think such a thing?

Crystal ball like yours, only pink, or could be the ouija board, take your pick. Open to all theories.

I would roll the dice and say boyfriend did hand over money in that household or DT -- well she would have found a quick replacement.

LOL

Sounds like every convo I have with my daughters father..."You gonna pay me this month? Didn't figure, talk to you next month!"
No reason for words more than that, IMO.

But my reasoning is that he doesn't care about our child, so the only real connection we have is that money, which I don't want, but am entitled to. Past that, there is nothing to talk about. He knows how to find out the weather and the time of day, and unless he plans to finally sign over his rights and go away, there's nothing in his life I care to know about.

Insight.

well when it comes to the way she treats people it is often nasty and hateful....especially when it comes to the exes apparently, she was awful toward Sam and his family, she was awful to her own friends.

I fully understand that sometimes in divorce it comes down to money being the common thread, but this is different with DT....believe me...when it ends she is out for blood...the divorce from Sam is about as nasty as it gets.

WOW are you freaking out or what?!??!

I was only responding to YOUR POINT >> that kids DO cost money.

:innocent:

Sorry, you asked me if mom D. thought about the money before having 5 kids and I didn't know what you meant. Sure kids cost tons of money, but I'm not sure that's the driving factor for most people to stop having them.

I was a single mom and I understand perfectly well that it's no reason not to provide responsible care for your children. Like I've said before, food, shelter, and child care were top priorities. Most of the time, I had to shop at 2nd hand stores to make sure I had money to cover child care, but that's what I did and I made no bones about it. There are resources available. Many churches provide after school care also that isn't quite as expensive. I've heard on a couple of the news videos of this case that DT had no choice but to have her children walk home because there was no bus service. That's just not true. She chose to let the children walk home and not make other arrangements. moo

Oh I could tell right off the bat what her attitude and trashy talk was all about when she appeared on TV. She is a spiteful one... no doubt... just look at the obit -- how she treated Somer in death... she did not even grant her murdered daughter her own father's name on her death cert. That was her spiteful way to punish him..!! KARMA... she is getting a pretty good dose, and she will more than likely continue down the same path of destruction.

I think you got it....seeing it as being what it is....you see it in the videos, the things she says, etc.

well when it comes to the way she treats people it is often nasty and hateful....especially when it comes to the exes apparently, she was awful toward Sam and his family, she was awful to her own friends.

I fully understand that sometimes in divorce it comes down to money being the common thread, but this is different with DT....believe me...when it ends she is out for blood...the divorce from Sam is about as nasty as it gets.

It sure sounds like she has a short fuse.:eek:

Well it's no surprise she is all lawyered for a reason ya know...! AND I posted way back about the time of the rock concert... that the live in would be outta there in a nano-second cause she had never been with a rock star. She is clingy needy attention..._______ !!!

O/T
Looking around for an avatar, I found this. LOL ... for anyone living in Maine!

ICONATOR_ef8bfa372c1e32b03c30af8d7c1b4df9.jpg

Crazy state law #8: In Maine you will be fined for having your Christmas decorations up after January 14.

Is PC gone? I've read in comments in the newspaper, but does anybody really know for sure.

I have a genuine question about the bus service. I also recall when DT did the presser and said there was no bus service. But in all the Google maps that were being posted of the area around her house, it was lousy with school buses. Did anyone ever find a reliable map or outline of the bus routes? I would really love to see it if there is one. I'd even go dig it up if it's back in the threads, I just need a general outline of where to look. TIA.

I was a single mom and I understand perfectly well that it's no reason not to provide responsible care for your children. Like I've said before, food, shelter, and child care were top priorities. Most of the time, I had to shop at 2nd hand stores to make sure I had money to cover child care, but that's what I did and I made no bones about it. There are resources available. Many churches provide after school care also that isn't quite as expensive. I've heard on a couple of the news videos of this case that DT had no choice but to have her children walk home because there was no bus service. That's just not true. She chose to let the children walk home and not make other arrangements. moo

Thank you, thank you, thank you for open honesty here and how you went to any length to care for your children.

KUDOS and it is a breath of fresh air to read about someone taking full responsibility and caring for their beloved children.

Too lazy to find the actual references, but the kids did have to walk if they lived under 1.5 miles or 1 mile. Something like that.

Kids hardly get any exercise nowadays and walking to school seems like a really dumb idea nowadays. What a world we live in!

I know that you can't get them in a bubble, but pervs go where the kids are.

I am so freaked out now because I have a daughter that lives 1/2 block from the elementary school. I always thought that was a plus. Now I wonder if pervs are scoping things out.

O/T
Looking around for an avatar, I found this. LOL ... for anyone living in Maine!

ICONATOR_ef8bfa372c1e32b03c30af8d7c1b4df9.jpg

Crazy state law #8: In Maine you will be fined for having your Christmas decorations up after January 14.

That should be standard law...lol.

Isn't chickadee from maine? AFTER that trivia last night I'm not even certain Maine is right lol

I have a genuine question about the bus service. I also recall when DT did the presser and said there was no bus service. But in all the Google maps that were being posted of the area around her house, it was lousy with school buses. Did anyone ever find a reliable map or outline of the bus routes? I would really love to see it if there is one. I'd even go dig it up if it's back in the threads, I just need a general outline of where to look. TIA.

Students who lived closer than 1.5 miles from GPE have to walk.

http://www.clay.k12.fl.us/gpe/PDF/FAQ_Who_Rides_Bus.pdf

:twocents:My Father died when I was 4 yrs old in 1959, I had 2 other sibs, my Mother refused Social Assistance etc. , became a Business Woman , never married again she was only 40 yrs old when he died. She died at the age of 89 yrs leaving an Estate worth over 3 M. Single Parents are not new to this world think about History, Wars 1&2, many children were raised by single Parents , I myself consider myself a single parent by fortunately I have some pride. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173