FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/b]
BBM

I just cannot comprehend ANY mother doing that. I've never seen a man who is as important or more important to me than my child, never.

Look at Shainya Davis' mom.

Hi again, I hit multi-post this time trying to respond to sorrell (lol)

My point exactly. It is a normal day, people go in and out with trash bags all of the time...especially the day before pick-up. Let's say you are a crossing guard (watching the kids who are being KIDS - TOUGH JOB) or a parent (watching your own kid) and there are people and cars and noise, etc...you are not focusing on the side of the road looking to see if perhaps a man you don't recall seeing is heaving a trash bag near the empty house people have been working on. After I posted that, I realized she was not found in a trash bag, but perp could have picked up the bag and slid her into the dumpster...the problem is, how is it nobody saw a body in the dumpster? But then when we toss bags in, we don't stand on our heads and look to see if there is a body there.

TOtally inocuous day, no reason for anyone to suspect anything or anyone in this quiet little neighborhood where the "....neighbors were on the look out for DT's kids". (Where did I see that?)

How long would it take a strong person to suffocate, wrench the neck, or bash in the head of a 3 ft. little girl, slide her in a garbage bag, put it with other garbage bags, or leave it in the pile and slide her out later into the dumpster - but that part does not make sense, does it? Did LE check out the Gano house that first night - I am sorry if I can't remember. It just seems that the time and opportunity were there at that Gano house - where she could have been dragged through various kinds of construction materials before being disposed of.... and that it was a person she went willingly to, raising no suspicion.

The fact that LE ruled out all of the RSO's so quickly I feel was a signal to someone who killed Somer that LE was onto family/friends/intimate acquaintenances. Ruling out the RSO's, IMO was the ONLY piece of "real" news LE has ever let out in public. Thanks for bearing with my opinions.

BMM

She very well could have been in a garbage bag at first. The bag could have come apart being moved into those trucks. IIRC, the Sheriff said she was found partially covered by trash. When I look at the pics of the landfill, I don't see garbage bags intact. They look like they are in pieces to me. I totally agree with you that nobody would think anything of it if they saw someone taking out the trash that night especially in a neighborhood where the trash was being picked up the next day. I wouldn't notice - would you? This is how I have suspected the body was disposed of without anyone noticing it. MOO

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4327591&postcount=246"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #4[/ame]

Ccane posted a link to this post in Thread 29 and commented that she could not find that anybody asked for the photo mentioned.

I don't think this member has been on since 11/7 but I have asked for the photo.

BBM

If it is true she walked out of her office without letting someone know, it must be a very laid back office where no one is accountable to anyone. I've been a medical clerk/receptionist for a very busy office where there was someone either in your face or on the phone for 8 hours a day, never a break. How do you just get up and walk out under circumstances like that without letting your boss know you are leaving? Most times I had to get someone to cover the desk and phone while I took a bathroom break. Maybe they had several receptionist in the office, though, IDK, but we could not just leave without telling someone.

Also, I would like to know when SP arrived at DT's house. Was he there when she left for work? Did he come there after she got home for lunch? If not, did he have a key to let himself in and be already waiting for her when she got home for lunch? Just something I wonder about.

What I meant was that to her co-workers, when she left she gave no indication that something terrible had happened. She probably gave them some excuse (I'm just saying here what I would have done, because she doesn't want them to know the abuse taking place), and it was 4 o'clock and she would be off soon anyway. I didn't mean that she just jumped up.

I can now almost feel the surreal panic setting in, not wanting to let on too much what was going on, and running to the car.

As far as I know, no one knows for sure when SP arrived at the house, but if she had to drive all the way home from the office (20-minute drive), it wasn't for "lunch" - she was trying to protect her children.

Of course, we don't know how many times she had had to leave early - we don't know her work history - and we don't know how volatile things were in that household. I just recognized the feelings and actions I would have done then, after what 4mer told us DT had told a mutual friend about 3 months earlier.

I feel the need to share my story now.

My mom was married with 2 kids (me being one), got a divorce, then remarried and had 2 more kids. She worked at different schools as a secretary. She didn't party, drink or do drugs. We were never left alone, we never walked home from school alone. She did our laundry and cooked supper every night. She even put pretty ribbons in my hair. If you met her you would have thought she was the most loving wife and mother you ever came across.

Here's how it really was....

My parents split up when I was 5. My mother just up and left with us 2 kids and just the clothes we were wearing.We went to Hawaii and she married a service man. My brother and I used his last name. My father found us in Hawaii. He sent child support, birthday cards, Christmas presents, letters etc. Every single thing he sent to us was sent back with my step fathers signature on it....RETURN TO SENDER. We never saw anything. Then we moved, and moved, and moved. I have lived all over the world. My father tried to track us down but never did find us. He contacted my mother's side of the family but they refused to get involved. My brother and I were beaten and ...I can't even tell you everything without losing it. Use your imagination. My mother stood by and did nothing.

When I turned 18 I tried to find my father, but I wasn't even sure what my last name was. Then I went through my mothers things and found a picture. It was a picture of my mother and a man that I assumed was my father. It had their names the on back of the picture, and that was all I had to go by. I never saw my birth certificate or anything. But I knew which state I was born in! So one day I got on the phone and called information. I told the operator that I was looking for my real father and all I had was a name. She gave me 3 phone numbers. The first number I dialed, no one answered. The second number I dialed a man answered. I asked if he was John Doe (don't want to use real names), who was once married to Jane Smith Doe. He said no he wasn't. He asked who I was and I told him I was trying to find my real father. He wished me luck and said he wished he was my real father because I sounded like such a nice girl. The third number I called a man answered and I asked him the same. Are you the same John Doe that was once married to Jane Smith Doe. He said no Kathy, but I'm your grandfather. We cried, my grandmother got on the phone and she cried. My grandfather told me that the first phone number I dialed was in fact my father's number. He wasn't home, he was in another state at his vacation home with his wife. To make a long story short, my grandfather got in his car and drove 3 states away to where my father was. He got out of his car and walked up to my father and put his hands on his shoulders and just started crying. My father said, " Kathy finally called, didn't she?" This happened 34 years ago. That day changed my life. My mother didn't talk to me for years. Then she was killed 16 years ago. My brother committed suicide not long after. My step father is dieing a very slow and painful death as I type this( my justice). My step mother died 7 years ago, I am so glad I got to know her, and love her. My father and I have the best relationship!! He saved every child support check he wrote, every present he wrapped, every single letter and card he ever sent to me and my brother. He gave me everything. My proof. The facts.

I don't really know why I'm sharing this with all of you. Well, yes I do. It's because of PC. People keep saying they think he is controlling etc., and it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. And then I think of Sam alone and not even mentioned in Somer's obituary. And then I wonder if DT was like my mother. And I have to wonder, just what really went on behind those closed doors on Horton Drive.

One more thing I'd like to mention, then I'll shut up and let you all get back to your sleuthing. There's an old saying that keeps going through my head. There are 3 sides to every story, hers, his, and the truth.

Chicken Pants - if we go with your idea that she was placed inside a garbage bag, then we would have to also assume it was a premeditated murder. Unless whoever did it carries a box of extra-large hefties around in the car (assuming also she was picked up in a car). LE has never indicated whether or not she was in a garbage bag. She could have been, but IDK. Seems like a logical way to hide the evidence if there was enough time to think it through & if lawn & leaf trash bags were conveniently at hand.

I've always assumed she was placed in a dumpster "as-is". The reason is because I've viewed many landfill pics and have seen many intact bags of garbage in those pics. When she was found, her legs were protruding from beneath a pile of rubbish, according to news reports. IMO, if she had been in a garbage bag, her legs wouldn't have been seen - in other words, if all the other bags of garbage @ the landfill remained intact, wouldn't hers also have? Does that make sense?

GREAT QUESTION. They met for lunch, was he waiting in a car or had he let himself in? How long was DT gone for lunch? What time was lunch? How could she go on a long lunch like that in a busy office where she is receptionist? Then go back to work for ..... ? You know, if the LE has good detectives, they have hopefully interviewed and re-interviewed all of these people frequently. Or maybe they are waiting so that whoever is guilty doesn't catch on. They must have proof or lack of proof of CPC's and SP's work or not showing up for work. It is we who are frustrated for lack of information.

I answered one of my own questions. Perp could have killed Somer, put her in a garbage bag and left it by the Gano house. Then SOMEBODY ELSE could have put the bag(s) in the dumpster. Perp may have known someone else was in charge of clean up? Who would open up a bag and look inside of it? Building materials being heavy? DOes anyone have pics of the house on that day where there would be bags? I assume they have held off working on the house any more at this time? So we don't know if bag(s) were routinely piled there and put in dumpster by workers.

Somer was identified by her legs sticking out and birthmark. Does this positively say she was not in a bag? Would LE say she had been put in a bag or not? I am full of questions. Thank you for your patience.

No mother in her "right mind" would. Sometimes very powerful men use a lot of tactics to gain the trust of and power over women who would never dream of doing anything questionable. Sometimes it is drugs that are involved, or like a previous poster said, it may be threats to the mom and her kids, subtle but believable. Some times a person can't see what is right in front of them because they can't cope with the possibility that a person they want to believe is a liar or worse. True?

Absolutely. As far as DT covering up for CPC, she doesn't know if he did it or not. She doesn't want it to be true, and really needing all the attention he was giving her at the vigils.

She may be afraid or in denial, and thinks that is LE's job and so she doesn't need to (maybe even putting them all in more jeopardy) -- that really she's not covering up anything in her mind, just that they will find out who did it and fix it, in essence withdrawing and letting them take care of it.

Back to the dumpster. I can agree with the easy scenario of bringing garbage out. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Ho hum to anyone watching.

Here's my questions about the dumpster. I am guessing we are agreeing it wasn't in anyone's personal garbage. They have guys there that lift the cans and dump them into the truck. Too dangerous in terms of discovery for the perp.

I have been wracking my brain for where I know there are dumpsters in my community. Even though I'm sure they have them at the Mall, I have no clue where they are. And for other ones-well, I'm pretty clueless as to where there are some.

If this crime was planned-not the day, but just having an opportunity arise, then the perp would have a dumpster picked out.

But if it's not planned, then the dumpster part is problematic. It would have to be one that people aren't looking into it and noticing a strange bag. For example, a restaurant probably has the same kind of bags and a big one that probably is black, would stick out. I say that because the white ones are not that strong, in my experience.

People may not look in a dumpster and then again, they might. I think the perp planned on never having her found. So how do you think the dumpster thing happened? The perp just happened to know of a good one? If it's PC, he certainly couldn't leave in the middle of the night to do it.

If it's the politically incorrect choice, does anyone local think of any dumpsters that would be easy in the daytime? Maybe those ones down Grove Park?

The disposal for the politically incorrect choice is a hard one for me to figure out.

Just fixing my spelling and some people feel no bag. Even more difficult, no? I think if someone picked up a bag with her in it, it would be noticeable. For one thing, 65 pounds. Then the feel of it. Can't see it being left for someone else unknown to deal with.

I know, but I don't call that thing a mother. She had no feelings for that child IMO.

Mom's who hurt or kill their kids are called MOMSTERS.

And we really don't know what happens behind closed doors with anyone.

Chickadee, I am so happy that you shared your story. Of course I don't know you, but I am very proud of you and what you did to find your Dad. I don't know if this sounds right, but it sounds like you have made a good life for yourself in spite of horrible odds.

I don't care if you flame me Chee. I just used the flame to make S'mores-marshmallow, chocolate, graham cracker. I'm full now though.

I am not saying anyone is a bad parent.

There is a study that says that people can take up to three stresses-I think it's 3 and not 2. One of them is poverty and another is 4 or more children. I'm not saying DT is in poverty. I'm just trying to remember the stressors.

That study is referring to any human being and the stress they can take before it breaks them down. And that family had a lot of stressors even before the tragedy. I'm going to see if I can find it on the net. I heard it at a training and all I remembered is that stress raises the cortisol levels to bad levels.

My friend, I know you aren't saying anyone is a bad parent. I see where you're coming from with your thought process... just had to get what was on my chest out of the tips of my fingers... we still tight?????

Chicken Pants - if we go with your idea thatshe was placed inside a garbage bag, then we would have to also assume it was a premeditated murder. Unless whoever did it carries a box of extra-large hefties around in the car (assuming also she was picked up in a car). LE has never indicated whether or not she was in a garbage bag. She could have been, but IDK. Seems like a logical way to hide the evidence if there was enough time to think it through & if lawn & leaf trash bags were conveniently at hand.

I've always assumed she was placed in a dumpster "as-is". The reason is because I've viewed many landfill pics and have seen many intact bags of garbage in those pics. When she was found, her legs were protruding from beneath a pile of rubbish, according to news reports. IMO, if she had been in a garbage bag, her legs wouldn't have been seen - in others words, if all the other bags of garbage @ the landfill remained intact, wouldn't hers also have? Does that make sense?

Unless the murder occurred inside someone's home where garbage bags are readily available, thus no need to have carried some around in a car. As for the pics of the landfill, can you tell if the bags are intact? I can't, but then the pictures were from a distance and I don't have the best eyes in the world either. Do you know if we can enlarge the pics of the trash in the landfill? I didn't try to do that.

Chickadee, I am so happy that you shared your story. Of course I don't know you, but I am very proud of you and what you did to find your Dad. I don't know if this sounds right, but it sounds like you have made a good life for yourself in spite of horrible odds.

I second that, Chickadee - I'm so glad you found your father. I found out the truth about my father after he died so it was too late, but I feel him all around me now. Good luck to you and your father!

My friend, I know you aren't saying anyone is a bad parent. I see where you're coming from with your thought process... just had to get what was on my chest out of the tips of my fingers... we still tight?????

Well, if it wasn't for you I couldn't have had those S'mores. No fireplace, no gas stove, no microwave. And holding a lighter myself under those marshmallows would have been tough.

Please bear with me as I figure out how to respond to specific posts like you all do here.

I was asked if I am a nurse. No. I have worked in healthcare for 30 years and have had the privilege of being asked to stay at the side of many dying people. I have kept vigil until the end, and then afterwards. So I have also been with people at these, and other times of horrendous grief, at the time and afterward. I work in an administrative capacity but am very personally involved on a day to day basis. Because of this, I see human nature at its worst and often at its best. It is true that people grieve differently. I must add that there are certain trends in behaviors of people that give rise to the sincerity of their actions. The operative word is: trend.

Now if someone could give me a respond-to-your-post-only tutorial, I would be grateful. You all do G R E A T W O R K H E R E.

Do you work in a hospice center or a nursing home? It takes a very special person to stay at this side of dying people. I did it with my very best friend in the whole wide world and also with my Mom... each experience was so different & something I will never, ever forget. It also changed me as a person...very hard to explain.

Chicken Pants - you asked the question earlier if anyone would notice a male tossing a garbage bag into a dumpster. I'll take that question one step further - would anyone notice anyone putting something in the garbage the evening before trash pick up day?

Especially at that time of day when so many people are rushing to get home from work to make dinner & do all the other things that need to be done at the end of the day - and probably feeling tired on top of it all after being at work all day.

IMO, the person could have put her in the trash in full view of the public and might have still gone unnoticed. People tend to see what they expect to see, and only notice what they choose to pay attention to, and if their minds are on other things, might not see anything at all because they're so distracted by their own thoughts and busy lives.

Back to the dumpster. I can agree with the easy scenario of bringing garbage out. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Ho hum to anyone watching.

Here's my questions about the dumpster. I am guessing we are agreeing it wasn't in anyone's personal garbage. They have guys there that lift the cans and dump them into the truck. Too dangerous in terms of discovery for the perp.

I have been wracking my brain for where I know there are dumpsters in my community. Even though I'm sure they have them at the Mall, I have no clue where they are. And for other ones-well, I'm pretty clueless as to where there are some.

If this crime was planned-not the day, but just having an opportunity arise, then the perp would have a dumpster picked out.

But if it's not planned, then the dumpster part is problematic. It would have to be one that people aren't looking into it and noticing a strange bag. For example, a restaurant probably has the same kind of bags and a big one that probably is black, would stick out. I say that because the white ones are not that strong, in my experience.

People may not look in a dumpster and then again, they might. I think the perp planned on never having her found. So how do you think the dumpster thing happened? The perp just happened to know of a good one? If it's PC, he certainly couldn't leave in the middle of the night to do it.

If it's the politically incorrect choice, does anyone local think of any dumpsters that would be easy in the daytime? Maybe those ones down Grove Park?

The disposal for the politically incorrect choice is a hard one for me to figure out.

Just fixing my spelling and some people feel no bag. Even more difficult, no? I think if someone picked up a bag with her in it, it would be noticeable. For one thing, 65 pounds. Then the feel of it. Can't see it being left for someone else unknown to deal with.

Yay I finally figured this out, thanks everybody. Go up to the post that says by the time the trash gets to the landfill all of the garbage bags are ripped, etc.? Now we are trying to figure out (1) if there was a routine of stacking bags by the Gano house (2) if someone working on the house routinely cleaned up which included disposing of those bags and (3) if the clean up person would feel that 65 lbs. was unusually heavy and thought to look inside it. Even if she was put ina dumpster without a bag, most people dumping trash don't stand on their heads and look inside...perp could have thrown her in there and thrown other materials (already in another bag) on top? Well, I definitely feel this WAS premeditated. Working on the premise of motive: I need to get rid of this kid, she is a problem to me/my lifestyle/gets too much attention/I'm sick of dealing with her/she saw something I didn't want her to see/she gives her mom and everybody a hard time/she is threatening to "tell", etc., etc. Which two men could have this motive?

I know she pulls her little tricks walking home and running off here and there, so I will just get a couple of bags and wait over by that house and when she comes along, "psssst, get over here, you are in big trouble". It wouldn't take long to do it, put her in the bag, slide the bag over there with the other trash, and leave. Who will be watching me? You know, I have my needs, too. This is the only way I will get control over this situation once and for all."

Now I will just go and comfort mom and be very very calm and cooperate with the police and be a pall bearer (keep dad away from the kids) and everything will go back to how I wanted it to be for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname