FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be chicken/egg...which is first?? Low self esteen or the other problems that result in low self esteem???

"Cocktail Party Syndrome" IS related to learning disorder/s too

It seems to have different variations

I know a young woman who works at a fast food place who probably has it...overly friendly, loud, loves attention...tries too "hard", too familiar with people???

From the start I felt that the "indigo child" stuff was a way to explain whatever was "wrong" with Somer ....it seemed to be MORE than regular ADD or ADHD...?? Cocktail Party syndrome is associated with both...and with non verbal learning disorders.....and it all results in low self esteem I guess

Nonverbal learning disorder
Nonverbal learning disorder, or NVLD, is a type of learning disability that affects the child's academic progress, as well as social and emotional development. A nonverbal learning disorder means that the child has the ability to learn tasks that are explained to him verbally, but has difficulty visualizing complex problems that require intense concentration.

I had dyslexia as a child. It was never picked up. I also learned English in school and it wasn't my first language. I've heard that stress can cause dyslexia. So Somer may have had dyslexia like I did and that lead to reading problems which lead to the picking and low self esteem. Just a thought. I think her home life made it even worse. Mine did too because no one could help me and I was all alone with an undiagnosed problem.

Exactly -- and I remember as a child running off to get away from the people who were hurting my feelings - like my parents and my brothers. I wasn't a loner - I just didn't like my feelings hurt or being made fun of. I was the scapegoat.

I don't think anyone who knew Somer has ever said she was over-to-top, did they? There is a difference between a loving child who likes to give hugs (they've become very popular), and someone who sucks the life out of you. I don't remember anyone saying she was "annoying", did they?

I do remember DT saying that Somer always wanted everyone to be happy with her and tried to make them feel better, that she liked puppies and kittens and liked to go to the library with her friend to look at books, liked to climb trees (hope she did all those things up to everyone's standards, unlike her "dancing" and her "clumsiness").

Someone did but I won't go there again. It got me a nice time out last time.

I am clearly not a loving parent then because I have commented on the (lack of) grace my 3 year old exhibits (and in her presence).

And it's abundantly clear that my family members are an unloving group of people as they had the audacity to laugh as my daughter ran down the hall and took a nose dive into the living room.

~snipped from WhatAboutThis?~

No - I don't know anything about your parenting skills. I do know that children believe what we tell them. I know that if they are given a label ("clumsy", "not very good at that"), they will buy that and it will become true for them.

I hope your daughter wasn't hurt.

I think it was scheduled for AC to go to the park after school, probably to the skate park. ST's fam has stated he liked skateboarding. DT went to the park to get him, like she already knew he would be there. I think somer went to the park to wait for AC, who would possibly be on her side, and didnt want to go home and listen to AT fuss at her. Maybe this is when she doubled back and went to the gano house, and maybe she went behind the park in case someone looked for her, its close to the skatepark... or maybe she went where MC referred to when she said she would ask her where she goes tomorrow.
These are just my thoughts... nothing to back them up.

BBM
Those were/are my thoughts too! I mentioned this 9 threads ago.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4487274&postcount=283"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 23[/ame]

GMTA!! LOL!!

SP gave an address in Jacksonville as his home address (see MPR).

I don't recall whether he was going through a divorce or was actually divorced. But I'll go find and post here. ETA: Divorced (final judgment) March 16, 2007
https://showcase.duvalclerk.com/ViewCaseDetails.aspx?id=8897485&court=0

Just wondering where anyone would get idea that he lived there (did reporters feed off one another?).

Diena Thompson also advised me that Sean P. is a family friend. She said that he comes over often. She said they met for lunch today at her residence.

JMO, but comes over often would not be the same as currently living there.

RUMOR.. from me (I think) ... ST told me that PC and another male lived there. I speculated it might have been SP. MORE RUMOR: A little over a yr ago DT stated that her b/f comes to visit 3-5 times a week, but didnt live there.

So, IDK who lived there or when since ST and family say PC has lived there at least a couple yrs.

Someone posted a few threads back that DT changed Somer's room. I remember her saying that in a video.

Does anyone remember how long afterward she said she did that? Was it that first week, before the funeral, after, or did she state when she did it?

This is the video from GMA that mentions Somer's room being changed.
The video is dated November the 9th., not sure when the actual changing of the rooms took place tho.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804&page=1

Has anyone ever heard of J & D Maintenance Services?

.....and Howard Construction, LLC.?

I am clearly not a loving parent then because I have commented on the (lack of) grace my 3 year old exhibits (and in her presence).

And it's abundantly clear that my family members are an unloving group of people as they had the audacity to laugh as my daughter ran down the hall and took a nose dive into the living room.

~snipped from WhatAboutThis?~

I don't think we are talking about isolated incidents. Humor has gotten me and my boys through everything, and teasing happens all of the time, even now. First, Somer is dead and was not there to in any way refute anything said about her at all.

I think it's in context of other things. This mother never volunteered any info about Somer unless specifically asked, then she would always pause, and more often than not respond with what I see as cliches. "Just such a loving little girl, never knew a stranger, sweet," etc., etc. She never talked about little ST or the other kids unless asked. Again, it's "kids will be kids", or "they have their good days and bad days," or "I let the experts handle that". As we have noted, she talked about herself unless an interviewer asked a specific question relating to her children.

To go on National TV discussing the murder of a little girl and during a timed interview offer those comments was insulting to her memory. Especially since the little one "loved to dance" and "you know, wanted to be a ballerina" and was probably frustrated that she was a "klutz". And I have been through every bit of that myself. And I still don't think it's particularly funny.

SO Noway feel free to have fun teasing and joking, and in your case, your child has a chance to tease you right back!!!

If a juvenile is arrested and booked in Clay County where are they taken? They don't go right to the county jail, do they?

I don't think we are talking about isolated incidents. Humor has gotten me and my boys through everything, and teasing happens all of the time, even now. First, Somer is dead and was not there to in any way refute anything said about her at all.

I think it's in context of other things. This mother never volunteered any info about Somer unless specifically asked, then she would always pause, and more often than not respond with what I see as cliches. "Just such a loving little girl, never knew a stranger, sweet," etc., etc. She never talked about little ST or the other kids unless asked. Again, it's "kids will be kids", or "they have their good days and bad days," or "I let the experts handle that". As we have noted, she talked about herself unless an interviewer asked a specific question relating to her children.

To go on National TV discussing the murder of a little girl and during a timed interview offer those comments was insulting to her memory. Especially since the little one "loved to dance" and "you know, wanted to be a ballerina" and was probably frustrated that she was a "klutz". And I have been through every bit of that myself. And I still don't think it's particularly funny.

SO Noway feel free to have fun teasing and joking, and in your case, your child has a chance to tease you right back!!!

BBM

ChickenPants:
Do you know what you would say if one of your boys was taken, murdered, and thrown in the trash?

I know my child is my life and I can tell you 100% I have no clue what I would say, how I would say it, or how I would look after such a tragedy.

I'm not trying to stir conflict, I'm just asking this because it drives me nuts how every word DT says is picked apart. IMO unless you have been thru this, there is no way you can know what you would say. My point is how can you say it's an insult to Somer's memory?

I think it was scheduled for AC to go to the park after school, probably to the skate park. ST's fam has stated he liked skateboarding. DT went to the park to get him, like she already knew he would be there. I think somer went to the park to wait for AC, who would possibly be on her side, and didnt want to go home and listen to AT fuss at her. Maybe this is when she doubled back and went to the gano house, and maybe she went behind the park in case someone looked for her, its close to the skatepark... or maybe she went where MC referred to when she said she would ask her where she goes tomorrow.
These are just my thoughts... nothing to back them up.

And somebody was watching her and now she was out of the way of the crowd, and he waited and grabbed her. And did it. He knew she would do this, knew she leaned on AC, knew all of it.

Cocktail Party Syndrome
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/cocktail_party_syndrome/intro.htm

http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=76973098

cocktail party syndrome Chatter-box syndrome A descriptor for the behavior of children with arrested hydrocephalus, who may be sociable, gabby, pseudointelligent, speaking in a seemingly erudite fashion on subjects about which they have no true understanding, scanning dysrhythmic speech. See Williams syndrome.

Found that Williams Syndrome is a rare neurodevelopmental disorder in which the person is missing 26 chromosomes.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
https://health.google.com/health/ref/Fetal+alcohol+syndrome

Sorry to go OT but found interesting.

Arrested hydrocephalus, layman's term is the child with the big head at birth - a/k/a water on the brain, arrested means it was healed somehow. But brain affected by the pressure. What jumps out is the fetal alcohol syndrome.

I think some people (right or wrong) think they are doing something wrong by calling 911 right away. When it turns out to be "nothing".

She herself said she "knew something was wrong this time in her gut". The child had already taken off before but never stayed away this long. So is the common sense thing to do WAIT AND LOOK and not contact LE who would be the first responder for immediate help and possible catch the perp, or find Somer, who was out in unseasonably cold weather as an anchor said as the night wore on....No, she did not call the cops, she called CPC. And we do NOT know where he was or what he was doing. She intentionally or unintentionally gave perp a free pass to take his time finishing up with discarding the evidence if he had not done so already.

She doesn't go home and look, she cases out the park. Did she (as cane asked) text home again to see if Somer had arrived there during her one hour search? IF she had called 9-1-1 and then called Sean and found out it was another of Somer's little run-offs, she could always call LE back and cancel the investigation. Problem is, they would most likely be asking questions, wouldn't they?

IT'S ALL HINKY. I saw video coverage of LE in front of her house after dark and she is looking up at one of them and having a very meaningful, pointed, "I am showing respect to an authority figure yes sir no sir" conversation. She is as calm as a cucumber, no emotion, body relaxed, no tears, no looking around, just having a conversation. Whereas the detectives look as nervous as H--- and very emotional.

:furious: anybody can flame away, TOS or not - I am already burning up.

RUMOR.. from me (I think) ... ST told me that PC and another male lived there. I speculated it might have been SP. MORE RUMOR: A little over a yr ago DT stated that her b/f comes to visit 3-5 times a week, but didnt live there.

So, IDK who lived there or when since ST and family say PC has lived there at least a couple yrs.

SP being boyfriend was reported by many sources early in investigation, see earliest Jax4 articles and others. Scroll back on this thread and I linked one of the articles here and commented on this. It was a poster here or elsewhere who later said it had been reported that CPC and SP were living there for a while at the same time. What difference does it make? Both men were in and out of her lives, their relationships and the amount of trust/authority given to them is questionable, and their proximity affected Somer and still affects the remaining children still living. LATE EDIT: Especially since nobody has been ruled out as a suspect.

Well, it is hard to factually keep track of so many men and fathers. But not so hard to put together a summary of behaviors and choices that had an impact on the short life of the victim.

I don't think she fits the fetal alcohol syndrome "look" JMO....the girl I knew did, the boy really didn't (he apparently had less of this)

Apparently this "syndrome" can be found in kids' with various other problems, the "syndrome" is a secondary problem it seems??

Also it seems that some people have some of the characteristics and lack others....it is more pronounced in some...many are not diagnosed or not diagnosed till later in life...

they do like music..."Q. I have read a lot the musicality of children with WS. How will I know if my child is musical, and how do I enhance his musicality? [back to top]

A. Many children with WS clearly go through each day with a song (or a dance) in their hearts. Music seems to be at their fingertips, and in spite of problems in almost every other area they can be totally consumed by music of every type, and have great concentration for all things musical.

Fetal Alcohol syndrome is an insidious and totally avoidable problem. The alcohol consumption of the mother is fed through the umbilical cord to the infant, who is still in the stages of brain and body development. As we know, alcohol kills brain cells. It affects brain and body. The children are born in withdrawal. They are usually developmentally delayed and or have a mild to moderate amount of either mental retardation and/or emotional problems.

The rest of the first nite went smooth, as DT and party left early. (no big fuzzy hugs for me) The next day they were prepared for us and sat us on the left side of pews in front row, not in the middle set of pews with the rest of her family in front of the coffin. The family left first and we were last. We waited outside while they got the procession together, this is when mr tight jeans used us to crash somers funeral. Then we went to the burial and thats when DT and family let their hostilities be known, after the foot stomping is when the pastor approached us and LE came over and made their comment after the pastor left. It was pretty obvious at the burial site that there might be a real problem in close quarters.

Hostilities at the burial site. How evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate