FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad to know they are still waiting on some test results.

It's been so long I thought they may have gotten the results and they didn't lead anywhere. Now, at least there is hope.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22469427/detail.html

Beseler hasn't talked to the media about the investigation. A spokesperson said that's because FBI profilers have told them the killer is watching the news, and anything anyone says could give Somer's killer a clue about what investigators are doing and what they know.

A house on Gano Avenue was the subject of an intense search in the days after Somer's body was found. Police said the 7-year-old was last seen standing on the sidewalk in front of the home, three blocks from her school. It was vacant at the time and under construction.

The owner of the house had never talked to the media about the police search there until recently in an e-mail. She said, "I do not know more than any other citizen, but I do know that when police returned it to me, there was no blood or sign of any kind of struggle inside the house or in the yard, which is why I believe the crime against Somer happened somewhere else."

As for the construction workers who watched children like Somer walk by the house day after day, the contractor said in a phone interview that he was the only person with a key to the house and that it was locked up the night Somer vanished.

Here's what he told us- right after he was interviewed three months ago.

"They wanted to know what had happened that day step by step," said contractor James Vinson of Vinson Design and Build. "They took a swab test from me and from my helper."

Vinson said detectives have called him a couple of times with questions since then, but there has been no formal interview since Somer's body was found.

What about the Dumpster where the sheriff said Somer's body was abandoned. Where was it?

Fifteen different companies that pick up waste in Clay County, said they were contacted by detectives asking for the same two things -- the names and contact information for their drivers and the routes their trucks took on one specific day -- Tuesday -- the day after Somer disappeared.

Interesting that Le has called Vinson several more times, leads me to believe even more that something happened in or near that house and that possibly one of his workers is under suspision?

I am surprised that there is 15 different waste pick-up companies. Does anyone know if that would just be for businesses? I know we have only one company that picks up all our residential garbage, but as a business you have choices on which company you use.

Sounds to me like she was in a business dumpster or construction dumpster.

But, that's JMO.

Sounds to me like she was in a business dumpster or construction dumpster.

But, that's JMO.

From what I know, your opinion is correct... It is a business dumpster.

What I want to know is how the perp knew about this dumpster because it is secluded and he/she/it would have to have had knowledge of this office complex and the dumpster.

It gives me the creeps to think that I may have seen or even talked to this person at some time in that office complex.

Edited to add: If you haven't seen it, I was discussing the dumpster with cathdawg here. There are several posts from me and another poster with knowledge about the dumpster/office complex mixed in throughout the comments.

What I want to know is how the perp knew about this dumpster because it is secluded and he/she/it would have to have had knowledge of this office complex and the dumpster.

It gives me the creeps to think that I may have seen or even talked to this person at some time in that office complex.

Edited to add: If you haven't seen it, I was discussing the dumpster with cathdawg here. There are several posts from me and another poster with knowledge about the dumpster/office complex mixed in throughout the comments.

Welcome.

When was this complex staked out? Also, when were the employees questioned? Approxiate time frame if known.

BBM

O/T:

I know the feeling.
I live in a small town in Louisiana and several members of my family had contact with Derrick Todd Lee before and during the time of his killing spree around here.
My father used to sometimes talk to him at a local diner while eating breakfast. He said he was a really nice guy and my father was shocked when he saw his picture on the news and realized he was the man that had been killing all the women around here.

Very odd feeling.

Justice:

So, are you saying you know the exact dumpster Somer was put into?
If so, may I ask how you know this? And what office park is it?
I haven't clicked your link to read the discussions you have had with Cathdawg.

BTW: Welcome to Websleuths!

Justice4Somer~ You said the office complex was staked out and employees questioned by detectives. Could you tell us when this was? TIA

BBM

O/T:

I know the feeling.
I live in a small town in Louisiana and several members of my family had contact with Derrick Todd Lee before and during the time of his killing spree around here.
My father used to sometimes talk to him at a local diner while eating breakfast. He said he was a really nice guy and my father was shocked when he saw his picture on the news and realized he was the man that had been killing all the women around here.

Very odd feeling.

OMG... That is too creepy.

Sometimes the people that commit these crimes blend into society so well and we would never suspect them of such things.

A good example is the Green River Killer... Look how long he was committing crimes and getting away with it.

I just hope that the CCSO will have an arrest in this case soon and not let Somer's killer roam free for years.

Justice:

So, are you saying you know the exact dumpster Somer was put into?
If so, may I ask how you know this? And what office park is it?
I haven't clicked your link to read the discussions you have had with Cathdawg.

BTW: Welcome to Websleuths!

Thanks for the welcome.

I am 99.9% sure that I know which one it was because the owners of one of the four businesses in the office complex that were questioned by detectives told me about it. There were detectives in unmarked cars out there a lot and the dumpster in question was fingerprinted.

I hate having to be so cryptic about the office complex, but this hasn't been made public yet and I don't want any possible trouble from CCSO for posting it on the internet. Sheriff Beseler is really keeping a tight lid on this case.

If it isn't against WS rules, I can move a few of the posts between me and cathdawg over here. Some of them have distance and drive time hints as to where it is in Fleming Island.

Thanks. Has this info about the office complex been posted about before?
Were you asked not to speak about this location?

I haven't seen mention of it anywhere other than news4jax, but I don't have time to keep up with all of our local news sites. Channel 4 is the channel I turn to for local news, so that's why I'm on that site.

I wasn't asked not to speak about it, but the business owners that told me about it gave me the impression that the detectives wanted to keep what was going on as low profile as possible.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am 99.9% sure that I know which one it was because the owners of one of the four businesses in the office complex that were questioned by detectives told me about it. There were detectives in unmarked cars out there a lot and the dumpster in question was fingerprinted.

I hate having to be so cryptic about the office complex, but this hasn't been made public yet and I don't want any possible trouble from CCSO for posting it on the internet. Sheriff Beseler is really keeping a tight lid on this case.

If it isn't against WS rules, I can move a few of the posts between me and cathdawg over here. Some of them have distance and drive time hints as to where it is in Fleming Island.

BBM, that's ok, I clicked the link a read thru a few of them. Thanks.

ETA: Reading those posts on that site reminded me a lot of how this thread was. Thanks WS mods for making us be good!!!!!

I haven't seen mention of it anywhere other than news4jax, but I don't have time to keep up with all of our local news sites. Channel 4 is the channel I turn to for local news, so that's why I'm on that site.

I wasn't asked not to speak about it, but the business owners that told me about it gave me the impression that the detectives wanted to keep what was going on as low profile as possible.

I know you have posted alot on N4J, but, I have never seen a reference to this before. So my questions are why now? Why drop hints even if you KNOW within a 99% certainty where the dumpster is if you know LE wants to keep the info tight?

My point obviously is either your info is valid and you KNOW you should not be speaking about it. Or it is heresay. Mostly I am wondering why leak this info if you have known it since October. I have read your post before and it seems out of the blue. TIA

BBM, that's ok, I clicked the link a read thru a few of them. Thanks.

Ok... I would have moved a few over here, but I don't want to break any rules.

Hopefully by the directions that I gave, it will give people an idea of where the office park is and how far it is from Somer's neighborhood.

The dumpster in question is emptied on Tuesday morning so people were being questioned about what they may have seen Monday afternoon/evening. There are no surveillance cameras in that office complex and the lighting at night isn't that great. I can't help but wonder if it was someone that knew all of this and is familiar with the office complex.

Does it have a chinese food place in it?

I know you have posted alot on N4J, but, I have never seen a reference to this before. So my questions are why now? Why drop hints even if you KNOW within a 99% certainty where the dumpster is if you know LE wants to keep the info tight?

My point obviously is either your info is valid and you KNOW you should not be speaking about it. Or it is heresay. Mostly I am wondering why leak this info if you have known it since October. I have read your post before and it seems out of the blue. TIA

I didn't want to be the first person to open up about it, so when a poster by the name of S brought it up at news4jax I figured I could join in and give some confirmation to what they were posting since it is true.

I have known about it since the business owners that I have mentioned told me about it and I saw the detectives out there frequently. It was really a creepy feeling when I heard that they actually fingerprinted the dumpster and a detective was being cryptic with one of the owners more or less hinting that they thought it was the dumpster they were looking for.

Does it have a chinese food place in it?

No restaurants.

It's a mixed bag of businesses, but a couple of them are medical offices with patients coming and going all the time.

Edited to add: I have an aerial shot of the complex from Google, but I have been wrestling with the idea of posting it. So many people would like to know where it is, but I'm worried about it being TMI since it has never been made public.

An easy way to remember what hearsay is.

Hearsay is any thing anyone says in the world that that is not under oath and in a court.

Everything that has ever been said on here about the somer case is hearsay .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member