FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was just small admission like yes I was living at the house, or I knew Somer I just can't see that inflaming a jury pool.

I think it had to be big like admitting to one of the charges but saying the murder was an accident.

I can see that too Doc. Whatever he admitted to, I think he only admitted to anything because they came in to him with some matching DNA, he knew he was done for. I wonder if he has lost all family support too, after what was revealed about him with the little girl. There's no way they can deny that.

Beseler said that there was a mountain of evidence processed in the case, but the thing that allowed authorities to file the murder charge was Harrell's own admission to the facts of the case.

Citing the need to protect many details of the investigation to not taint the prosecution, Beseler would only say that Somer was assaulted and died of asphyxiation.

He said investigators obtained DNA from Harrell, along with other evidence placing Harrell at the location where Somer was killed, which also allowed them to file the murder charge.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36053807/

Admissions to the facts = confession? Sure sounds like it.

I was watching the video of Sheriff Beseler again today, and although I never got through it ... I loved this view when I paused the video. Amanda is the photo guru, but I'm sharing mine anyway. It gave me chills ... and I wish it was a better picture, but shots of one's computer screen rarely are!

TeamSomerandSheriff.jpg

Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4984749#post4984749"]Found Deceased FL- Somer Renee Thompson, Orange Park, Thread #41 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'll have this thread locked.

Salem

The fact they are not releasing the admissions makes me think he confessed to the whole thing and it would be so prejudicial to the selection of a jury the state might have problems in the appeal stage.

IF he confessed, then a jury may not be needed cause there may not be a trial. I would think...

Beseler said that there was a mountain of evidence processed in the case, but the thing that allowed authorities to file the murder charge was Harrell's own admission to the facts of the case.

Citing the need to protect many details of the investigation to not taint the prosecution, Beseler would only say that Somer was assaulted and died of asphyxiation.

He said investigators obtained DNA from Harrell, along with other evidence placing Harrell at the location where Somer was killed, which also allowed them to file the murder charge.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36053807/

Admissions to the facts = confession? Sure sounds like it.

I was watching the video of Sheriff Beseler again today, and although I never got through it ... I loved this view when I paused the video. Amanda is the photo guru, but I'm sharing mine anyway. It gave me chills ... and I wish it was a better picture, but shots of one's computer screen rarely are!

TeamSomerandSheriff.jpg

I don't think he confessed. Had he done that it would've been released to the media. It would just be too important to keep quiet, and it would override everything else they have.

I hope I'm wrong. But, I think they got him to admit to certain things that are important to the case, like if she went in his home the day she disappeared, or if she went in the yard often to pet the dog, or he admitting to have fantasies about her, etc...

MOO.

IF he confessed, then a jury may not be needed cause there may not be a trial. I would think...

Is this what happens if someone confesses to a crime, that it doesn't go to trial? I always thought there was a trial regardless, because this is all legal process?

I don't think he confessed. Had he done that it would've been released to the media. It would just be too important to keep quiet, and it would override everything else they have.

I hope I'm wrong. But, I think they got him to admit to certain things that are important to the case, like if she went in his home the day she disappeared, or if she went in the yard often to pet the dog, or he admitting to have fantasies about her, etc...

MOO.

I am sure i read somewhere from one of the links posted, that he was read the miranda rights, i think when they charged him in this crime? Does he have a lawyer in lieu of this? I think sometimes even if there is DNA evidence, doesn't necessarily mean he confessed fully to the crime? IDK. I guess again we"ll have to wait and see about a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500