FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they found her bookbag at the landfill.

Most abductors are very opportunistic. It would not surprise me for him or her to have been able to grab Somer and her siblings not see a single clue a matter of minutes or seconds later. The houses in that area seem to be close to the road, so if he did drag her into or behind the house, it could have been done in a matter of 20 seconds.

I agree it had to have happened quickly....but then I wonder how these "witnesses" saw her at the house? Unless they saw her approaching it, or waiting in front of it.

My heart is broken for this family. Her mother her tears I am just beside myself. She was so strong during the news coverage God bless her.

tarabull thank you for the quick answer. And Welcome to Websleuths!

I admire the strength of Somer's mother in her just concluded appearance before TV cameras but I have to say this: I am very bothered by the seeming trend of parents of missing/murdered child immediately voicing their intent of becoming missing child advocates. It just makes me feel uncomfortable, as if they are immediately moving on and not even giving the child their due of grief. It just reminds me too much of the Anthonys immediately deciding that advocacy was their calling before they even knew Caylee was dead. I do wish Somer's mother well in whatever she chooses to do.

The presser on HLN was just heart-breaking.... Mom is stronger than me I would be in the fetal position or just plain incoherent. I hope the monster that did this dies real slow!!!:furious:

HLN on discussing Somer. Somer's mom on now.

Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell tonight on CNN/HLN with Guest Dale Archer will cover little Somer's Story.....yet one more tragedy in Florida. After witnessing her Mommy's bravery, I would bet that Somer did put up a fight against Her Monster(s?) before she was defeated....

I agree it had to have happened quickly....but then I wonder how these "witnesses" saw her at the house? Unless they saw her approaching it, or waiting in front of it.

IIRC, the presser spokeswoman said "area" in regards to last seen. We don't know if the children or other witnesses saw her there or in the vicinity. For all we know LE checked out those homes after questioning her siblings and friends?

I don't think LE said anything about Somer being seen directly on the 1080 Gano property.

I admire the strength of Somer's mother in her just concluded appearance before TV cameras but I have to say this: I am very bothered by the seeming trend of parents of missing/murdered child immediately voicing their intent of becoming missing child advocates. It just makes me feel uncomfortable, as if they are immediately moving on and not even giving the child their due of grief. It just reminds me too much of the Anthonys immediately deciding that advocacy was their calling before they even knew Caylee was dead. I do wish Somer's mother well in whatever she chooses to do.

There is no comparison in this to the Anthony case. Sometimes the parent/parents of murdered children 'cope' by wanting to CHANGE the problem/laws.

She will grieve, she is grieving. My hats off to her for wanting to make sure her precious daughter's death will lead to changes in her community, state, country.

I admire her resolve and dedication to make this SOB pay, and to try with all she has to NOT let this happen to anyone else's child.

Prayers to Somer and her family. May the Lord embrace them and comfort them through this hellish time. Nobody should ever have to endure such a thing.

Just asked if she knew how her daughter died.

She said no. Doesn't even know when she can bring her back here to let her have her peace.

Doesn't have word's to express what she's feeling. Still doesn't believe it's happening.

Missing her. They were really alike, similar personalities, misses holding her. Knows Somer knew she loved her.

I'm angry, just so da-m angry. This precious little child whisked away, murdered, and dumped like trash. I cried with the mom, I cried for all the children dying these days. I don't know them, but my heart is broken. I am a Christian, but there are days when I say "Lord, why do these people walk our earth, hurt our babies - how does this happen"?

Please don't bash, but I wish we'd go back to the days of the South when grandad was alive, and anyone who dared touched a child just disappeared while cops looked the other way. Now the SO's have rights, and the victims have none.

Bless you Somer - your death is unwarranted and I expect swift justice (ala Jeffrey Dahmer style). These are the days that I wouldn't mind a bit of vigalante justice.

Brokenhearted --

Mel

I wonder if the homeowners of that house at gano ave.., if they are cleaning it up themselves after the fire??? to save money ...instead of paying someone else.. has anyone looked on the rso site to see if those names pop up?? TIA

We can not have enough advocates....... Reather your child going missing and or being murdered or reather you just want to help , we need more advocates. I am sure she won't be jumping in with both feet TORMORROW but I can see how she would right away speak out saying She wants to help this not happen to another child.

The presser on HLN was just heart-breaking.... Mom is stronger than me I would be in the fetal position or just plain incoherent. I hope the monster that did this dies real slow!!!:furious:

I think she feels she needs to be strong for her other children at this time. Later, I do feel she will have a total breakdown.

Wonder if someone was "living" or "staying" in that house, seeing that she was looking for a place to hide and told her that they would hide her, seems that it being a straight road the other kids would have seen her go to that property and not re-appear. Then got confused and just continued on.

I also wanted to say that I am all for doing something, anything to get our laws changed. I am a stay home mom so I have plenty of time to do what needs to be done. I have to admit i do not know much about hwo to do that though. If a thread is opened to sort it out I will be there, just tell me what I need to work on :)

Count me in

How strong Somer's mom is. One thing I did see with her is anger. She is angry. And rightfully so. I pray God gives her the strength to get through the next few weeks.

This monster has to be caught - or should it be ...

this monster needs to catch a bullet or two or 10 ......

Everly - I hear where you're coming from, but we haven't walked in Somer's mothers shoes. By no means do I feel she's moving on, she wants to scream outloud to anyone who will listen. I think, for myself, I'd be banging on the white house door demanding action. Grief, and I mean deep grief, will come in time. Right now, I'm sure she's in shock and denial - waiting for her sweet child to walk thru the door. I pray for her.

Personally, I think we could use a gazillion more child advocates :)

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member