FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://************.com/

Somer Thompson Murder: Her Home Robbed by Gunman The Morning She was Recovered?

i dont know how this plays into it all, but is very weird, i hope it is ok to post the link

eta
ok i see it is not ok, but maybe a google of the next line will find it, if not ok, please delete
Thanks I did read that.
It was said to be a clerical mistake, but a good point is made that the guy went from jaywalking to robbery. See, we need someone to go get a police report. Any locals want to volunteer? ;)

Hello,

I wanted to read all 8 threads, but just couldn't do it. I don't read here very often, just once in a while. Please forgive me if I pose a question that you've all been discussing: Does the mom seem fishy to you?

I ask this with great reservation; I despise families being blamed in such tragic circumstances absent significant evidence, however:

I was in a restaurant when I heard about this girl on CNN. Her mother was on. I immediately was more than put off with the mother's (phony?) crying that began when she believed the cameras were on her, and stopped when she seemed to think they weren't. (The cameras panned on her as she was waiting to be interviewed.)

The waitress in the restaurant, the manager, and three separate tables, and the man sitting with me all had a very strong reaction and all spoke out that the mother was phony and forcing tears, etc. I was immediately convinced the child was dead and the mother knew it.

Here's the problem: from what little I've followed in the news, the mother was at work and the child wandered off from the presence of siblings so how could the mother possibly know anything?

What am I missing?

Welcome Keljo. That is a problem. The timeline does not seem to leave room for her to be directlly involved. I didn't see alot of real tears. But I did see the kind of swelling of her face (eyes and lips) and blotching that just could not be faked. I have cried so much in grief that I sobbing dryly myself. I think she is a very strong woman that has shed so many tears there just isn't anymore. I could be wrong. I have been before.

Hello,

I wanted to read all 8 threads, but just couldn't do it. I don't read here very often, just once in a while. Please forgive me if I pose a question that you've all been discussing: Does the mom seem fishy to you?

I ask this with great reservation; I despise families being blamed in such tragic circumstances absent significant evidence, however:

I was in a restaurant when I heard about this girl on CNN. Her mother was on. I immediately was more than put off with the mother's (phony?) crying that began when she believed the cameras were on her, and stopped when she seemed to think they weren't. (The cameras panned on her as she was waiting to be interviewed.)

The waitress in the restaurant, the manager, and three separate tables, and the man sitting with me all had a very strong reaction and all spoke out that the mother was phony and forcing tears, etc. I was immediately convinced the child was dead and the mother knew it.

Here's the problem: from what little I've followed in the news, the mother was at work and the child wandered off from the presence of siblings so how could the mother possibly know anything?

What am I missing?
I think all it really boils down to is we (maybe I should say 'I', as I don't have any right or authority to speak for anyone else) realize I have never been in her position, and don't know what would be the 'appropriate' way for one to act, being in her unfathomable situation.

Therefore, I can honestly say I don't have a clue what should be considered 'fishy'.

My heart aches for what she must be going through. From what I have read on this forum, I feel just about everyone feels the same way. But, again, I can only speak for myself.

We seem to have a habit of tossing ideas against the wall, to see what sticks. That's just what we do, as we try to get to the truth. I don't think anyone has had a chance to form a firm opinion on what happened to little Somer.

I think we all just hope the killer of this child is brought to swift justice.

Sorry you think the thread was hijacked. I shup now.
No!

We were referring to the 'mystery' one-time poster from this morning, not you!

The posters name started with 'BSU', and the message was rather cryptic.

to start off....im lazy......well...tired.....

can someone link me to what you all are talking about and viewing the mom on the news.....thanks :) are they on youtube all together somewhere?

i would like to see the cnn one that someone was talking about

Welcome Keljo. That is a problem. The timeline does not seem to leave room for her to be directlly involved. I didn't see alot of real tears. But I did see the kind of swelling of her face (eyes and lips) and blotching that just could not be faked. I have cried so much in grief that I sobbing dryly myself. I think she is a very strong woman that has shed so many tears there just isn't anymore. I could be wrong. I have been before.

Thanks for your response. I know that the timeline doesn't make sense, at least according to the reported information, but our collective BS meters went off! My personal conviction is the mom knows the truth. She could still have real tears, etc., but "different" than what I saw.

BTW, my friend in the restaurant (who is a bit slow) wasn't paying attention to the news, he didn't even realize I was watching the TV behind him. It was the sound of the mother's crying that got his attention. And he asked what was that about and said it sounded like someone was fake crying, which was exactly what I and the others in the restaurant reacted to and began to comment on.

The man sitting at the table behind my friend grumbled a similar sentiment that my friend overheard.

I think humans have a unique "instinctive" ability, much like other animals. Dogs, for instance, know if its human is upset or if another dog is aggressive, etc.

Our reactions were instinctual and not analyzed--pure instinctive on the fly gut: "Something is wrong here."

Hello,

What am I missing?

That's ironic Keljo... I came on here tonight as I have not followed this case at all. I was away and by the time I returned she had been found before I had even heard about the case.

I saw the mother twice on tv and thought something seemed odd. Now that is almost never my reaction, not even with Casey. So I came on here tonight to see what was up and what posters thought of who the perp is because all I heard was she went missing from a walk home. There just seemed from my fleeting view of it that there's something missing with the parent, just a gut reaction and I hope I am wrong because she has lost her child.

Here's one direct link and you should be able to find more on the site.
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21355067/index.html

That sounds to me like the distress of a mom whose child is dead (which she "didn't" know yet). It also sounded like her words didn't fit the situation. This is all gut response to the "sounds".

The footage I saw the morning I became aware of this child, also had facial expressions that didn't fit.

The reporter n this link also made a curious quote of the mom: "I just can't talk about it.

I think the mom is protecting someone.

thank you for the links

not sure what to think......im still wiping tears from my eyes....it was really hard to listen to her crying out ......really hard for me..... i have been there before in my life....

now...the other times she is on tv....i dont know....maybe she is in shock...and that is how she can go on tv and speak

Thanks for your response. I know that the timeline doesn't make sense, at least according to the reported information, but our collective BS meters went off! My personal conviction is the mom knows the truth. She could still have real tears, etc., but "different" than what I saw.

BTW, my friend in the restaurant (who is a bit slow) wasn't paying attention to the news, he didn't even realize I was watching the TV behind him. It was the sound of the mother's crying that got his attention. And he asked what was that about and said it sounded like someone was fake crying, which was exactly what I and the others in the restaurant reacted to and began to comment on.

The man sitting at the table behind my friend grumbled a similar sentiment that my friend overheard.

I think humans have a unique "instinctive" ability, much like other animals. Dogs, for instance, know if its human is upset or if another dog is aggressive, etc.

Our reactions were instinctual and not analyzed--pure instinctive on the fly gut: "Something is wrong here."

Keljo, I have to agree with you......something just doesn't seem right. I also questioned the interview.....I cannot see how a mother who 8 hours after being told that her child was found dead in the garbage dump; could go on the news and do a press release .....I personally don't think the mother did anything, but I do wonder if she protecting someone??

I think Somer's mother is in unthinkable grief. She could be on some sort of medication to help her get through this time - not saying that's the case - but sometimes those medications affect your behavior.

In my opinion, her worry when Somer was missing and her grief since Somer was found are genuine.

Furthermore, the time line does not fit Somer's mother being involved.

You know, there are stages of grief.

And there are stages of online sleuthing during a case.

When we've run out of suspects, we go for the most visible, the family member who has appeared on TV. We pick apart their every tear, their every syllable. In this case, the grieving mother.

Next we'll turn onto ourselves.

There must be a book written about this somewhere. It happens in every case.

I'd like to know how Somer died, what happened to her in that short period of time from when she went missing and when she was killed. Then, I think, it will be much clearer.

Personally, I don't think DT would protect SP if she felt it was him. However, I think she would protect a family member, especially one of her children.

I don't see any 13-year-old dumping a body in a dumpster. Requires too much forethought.

DT, for now, is not on my short list, nor is any member of her family.

She, for now, has my complete sympathy for the loss of her child.

just thinking here....wonder if her lunch bag/box and backpack could be found on the shelf in that dang Clothes Closet????

was looking at the Orange Park Jr. High web site, wondering about football maybe...they practice each day from 4-6:15, but would not think that they practice at OPAA....all of the games are played at the high school off of Kingsley....I looked at the OPAA website, they have midget football, in which the 13 yr old could play, but not much else listed on the website.....just thought I would share

not saying that I think any of the family was involved, but thinking about what our mysterious posted said.....when DT was asked how the other children are dealing....I think I only remember her bringing up the oldest son, even giving his actions and comparing him to a man in means of his emotions....I do not remember her saying anything about the twin and 10 yr old sister....do you guys?? just thinking here...

Keljo, I have to agree with you......something just doesn't seem right. I also questioned the interview.....I cannot see how a mother who 8 hours after being told that her child was found dead in the garbage dump; could go on the news and do a press release .....I personally don't think the mother did anything, but I do wonder if she protecting someone??

Could be she is protecting justice for Somer. She may well know more than she is saying to the public but that doesn't mean LE isn't privy to her knowledge.

imo She appears to be a 'what-you-see-is-what-you-get' person so keeping her mouth in control may require a focus that is unnatural to her which is then reflected in her behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne