Identified! FL - St Petersburg, WhtFem, 14-17, pushed into traffic, Jun'73 - Janice Young

So I would never have visually matched Janice to the NCMEC recon, but her brother obviously saw a resemblance. Makes me wonder if their artist interpretations (which I often think seem off the mark) are more accurate than I thought. I'm glad she has her name back!

Her facial features were unrecognizable due to being dragged by the car, so perhaps that's why the artist interpretations were off.

I agree, Nikon. I think there's a major lag in some of these cases, due to them having other priorities or maybe being understaffed. Some cases get pushed aside because they aren't top priority. The current murders and fugitives are usually most impt... As well as recent missing people because they have a better chance at being found. I think that there needs to be an unidentified cold case worker working with every city (or county, maybe even per state, depending on how many uid there are accordingly). But can they afford that? I wish they could.

From that same article I posted above;
Dorn, 67, wrestled with tears. He sighed. He wondered if he would be charged again. He has never been arrested, he said, not since 1973. He drove trucks, ran a sandwich shop, is active in his church.

Apparently he must have forgotten about he battery charge in 1992. Fibber.

The artist's rendition of Janice Doe is the most bad *advertiser censored* rendition I have seen. Half the time the composites and recreations look like they were drawn by an alcoholic with a magic marker.
I don't know how close this rendition is to what Janice actually looked like right before her death--how old was Janice Young in the school picture that was released?
Was this created in Photoshop? The artist should redo some of the atrocious composites being used in other cases.
Regardless, it is nice to know someone loved Janice and is finally bringing her home.

Okay...there's shoving someone in "self-defense," and then, there's shoving someone with enough force to land her in the path of an oncoming vehicle. They are two separate actions, and they just don't seem likely to "overlap" under any non-malicious circumstances.

I can see the resemblance between Janice and the artists' renditions, for the most part...her eyes just look more widely-spaced, and she didn't do her hair or put on any makeup(from what I can tell, at least) for her photo.

Thank God she has been indentified I feel that 2015 is going to be the year we will indentify a lot of the John and Jane Does I feel Blairstown jane doe will be next Let's keep our fingers crossed

I have a few questions. First of all, why were Janice and her brother adopted-what happened to their parents? Did they have no other biological relatives? What happened to the brother of the adoptive family who was raping Janice? Will charges be filed against now? Did the brother ever say that Janice was being raped? Dorn is full of ****. How long did he know Janice and why and what other investigation were cops looking at her for?

glad she got her name back and, although is not the best case scenario, her brother now knows what happened
such a short, tragic life
i hope you are at peace janice, wherever you are

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

I noticed that anthrobones mentioned Debora Sue Lowe, but no indication that she was called in, and she is not listed as a rule-out in NamUs.

NamUs UP Case 1342 https://identifyus.org/cases/1342
Debora Sue Lowe http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lowe_debora.html

2529256640045078242S425x425Q851_zpsb4d28922.jpg
2227115810045078242S425x425Q851_zps1761140f.jpg

She is a little doubtful because of the eye color and height, but I would think that if they checked out Jamie Grisim and Cynthia Coon (who both have brown eyes and are a few inches taller than the UID and aren't from Florida), they would look at Debra Lowe.

Another one that I think deserves a look is Mary Ann Wesolowski

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wesolowski_mary.html

2529256640045078242S425x425Q851_zpsb4d28922.jpg
2601593250045078242S425x425Q851_zpsc0f93f2e.jpg

She has blue eyes, identical eyebrows, and her teeth are pretty close. And she is shorter than the UID at age 13, so she could have grown to the UID's height.

She's the right age, although the circumstances don't seem to suggest that she was a runaway.

The teeth are close considering that it is a drawing that the photo is being compared to. The chip in the tooth could have occurred after her disappearance. If that was a photo that I was comparing the teeth to, I'd probably say no.
ATTENTION:GLENS FALLS PD, this does appear to look very similar to my sister, Maryanne. Did y’all check into this?

ATTENTION:GLENS FALLS PD, this does appear to look very similar to my sister, Maryanne. Did y’all check into this?
The girl in the drawing was identified in 2015 as Janice Marie Young of Virginia. She's not your sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back