FL - Teacher MAY Lose Job Over Lewd Comments To Student(s)

As a teacher, I read the article, and I could hardly go on to read any more of this thread. It SICKENS me that a person who is granted the responsibility and honor of educating and leading CHILDREN (even the college age ones I teach still are) would take such damaging and manipulative liberties.

I am offended, as a teacher, that a person capable of such disregard for their students, former or current, might be allowed to stand again before a room of students, where this person ought to teach kids how to think and choose.

This is coming from a teacher who, as a high school kid/college kid, had many intense crushes on her teachers; and who as a teacher had students speak to her in overtly sexual tones. I am young to teach on the college level, but I learned from all the greatest teachers I ever had to ignore that sort of behavior, or to nip it in the bud. It is almost unavoidable, working with people at the age, when their hormones run wild, but the onous is on the ADULT, the one HIRED to preform a service, to act with the best interest of those young people in mind. One should assume a teacher teaches for a purpose higher than sexual excitement (or money, as teachers are generally paid $hit.)

This makes me sick. This man should be prosecuted if there is any law which would sustain it. And he should surely not be allowed to stand before a class of students ever again. For the sake of all innocent students, and all good teachers who consider the welfare of their students their FIRST priority.

I just find it highly interesting that the sheriff investigator concluded his report as "founded - child abuse", yet the arresting authority investigator did not arrest or charge. I know that different factions of LE - ie: sheriff vs. local pd , sometimes get into pizzing matches and am wondering if that is what happened here. IF that is the case, IMO it is horrible.

Swag, in my previous post I neglected to acknowledge your point that the investigator seems to think criminal activity took place. That IS significant, of course, and I didn't mean to ignore it. Sorry.

If no charges are filed, it may be because of jurisdictional conflicts. But it may just be there are differences of opinion as to whether laws were violated, or whether criminal charges would succeed at trial.

As a teacher, I read the article, and I could hardly go on to read any more of this thread. It SICKENS me that a person who is granted the responsibility and honor of educating and leading CHILDREN (even the college age ones I teach still are) would take such damaging and manipulative liberties.

I am offended, as a teacher, that a person capable of such disregard for their students, former or current, might be allowed to stand again before a room of students, where this person ought to teach kids how to think and choose.
...snip......

I'm sorry...it happens every day...and is almost always never caught or reported.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back