FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #2

TO posted on another blog that she was in a fight the night of 14 Apr at the Tap Room - no names were given in the posting - she apparently filed a report with police and got someone arrested.

JVH posted on his MySpace that he had been arrested and bailed out 19 Apr for something he didn't do and he was "p..ssed" - so that's a bit of a coincidence I think

I read at another blog (not allowed to be linked here) that Paul Hutto was arrested that night. Greg Toole was also arrested for failure to register as a SO. JVH was not present at the TR that night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Court records show Hataway has been behind bars in the past. His latest arrest was in April on charges of criminal mischief.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-ocasio-missing-ocoee-060209,0,1237163.story

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19632971/detail.html

TO posted on another blog that she was in a fight the night of 14 Apr at the Tap Room - no names were given in the posting - she apparently filed a report with police and got someone arrested.

JVH posted on his MySpace that he had been arrested and bailed out 19 Apr for something he didn't do and he was "p..ssed" - so that's a bit of a coincidence I think

Two separate incidents. Alleged April 14 incident which TO describes in blog as having taken place outside Taproom, is rumored to initially have involved PHutto IIRC and another young woman, then subsequently involving TO who reported it to LE. It was determined JVH was not involved or present at the time. Subsequent April 19 documented criminal mischief involving JVH was a separate incident--for which charges were filed--that did not take place near Taproom, it was up on A.D. Mims Rd. Below is the account from Sentinel.

OCOEE - Authorities ended their search of a wooded area in Ocoee known for illegal dumping and gave few new details Thursday in their investigation into the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio.

Ocoee Police, however, did provide a details of an April incident involving James Hataway, the person of interest in the Ocasio case.

Meanwhile, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement confirmed that its Leads Tracking System -- one that compiles tips for specific cases -- is being used in the Ocasio investigation.

Hataway was arrested and charged with criminal mischief after a witness said he struck a Dodge van on A.D. Mims Road. The driver of the van was headed home early one morning when she spotted about 30 people crossing the road. Donnagh Robinson slowed to let the pedestrians cross in front of her van. While passing the group, she heard a bang.

Robinson's niece, Elizabeth Gall, also was in the car and identified Hataway as the man who struck the van.

"He punched the side of my truck," said Robinson, explaining that her vehicle's right side door remains damaged. She had hoped to collect money from Hataway to pay her insurance deductible.

"Now his butt is in jail. I know I'm not going to get my $500 deductible," Robinson said. "I never met the man before, and I never want to meet him again."

Hataway, 28, is at the Orange County Jail on the charge from the April 19 incident as well as a drug paraphernalia possession charge from Ocoee and a battery case from Seminole County involving another woman.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...bk-ocoee-missing-woman-061109,0,4224320.story

:parrot:

Two separate incidents. The alleged April 14 incident which TO describes in blog as having taken place outside Taproom, rumored to involve PHutto IIRC, and later determined JVH wasn't present. The documented April 19 incident involving JVH was a separate incident--for which charges were filed--did not take place near Taproom it was up on A.D. Mims Road Below is the account from Sentinel.

OCOEE - Authorities ended their search of a wooded area in Ocoee known for illegal dumping and gave few new details Thursday in their investigation into the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio.

Ocoee Police, however, did provide a details of an April incident involving James Hataway, the person of interest in the Ocasio case.

Meanwhile, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement confirmed that its Leads Tracking System -- one that compiles tips for specific cases -- is being used in the Ocasio investigation.

Hataway was arrested and charged with criminal mischief after a witness said he struck a Dodge van on A.D. Mims Road. The driver of the van was headed home early one morning when she spotted about 30 people crossing the road. Donnagh Robinson slowed to let the pedestrians cross in front of her van. While passing the group, she heard a bang.

Robinson's niece, Elizabeth Gall, also was in the car and identified Hataway as the man who struck the van.

"He punched the side of my truck," said Robinson, explaining that her vehicle's right side door remains damaged. She had hoped to collect money from Hataway to pay her insurance deductible.

"Now his butt is in jail. I know I'm not going to get my $500 deductible," Robinson said. "I never met the man before, and I never want to meet him again."

Hataway, 28, is at the Orange County Jail on the charge from the April 19 incident as well as a drug paraphernalia possession charge from Ocoee and a battery case from Seminole County involving another woman.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...bk-ocoee-missing-woman-061109,0,4224320.story

Thanks! Why were 30 people crossing the road?

Pics of the railroad tracks on Franklin St.

West of the tracks looking South
2009-07-02 20.26.12 (Small).jpg
Looking South down the tracks
2009-07-02 20.25.37 (Small).jpg
East of the tracks looking South
2009-07-02 20.26.02 (Small).jpg

To get to the other side....? :crazy: (omg sorry I know, that was such a set-up tho lol!) I wondered the same thing.

LOL My first thought was they were all leaving the bar at the same time, but it still seems weird. Is there a bar in that area? Was 30 people an exaggeration? Was it a party or a meeting of sorts (did they all have shaved heads?)? :eek:

LOL My first thought was they were all leaving the bar at the same time, but it still seems weird. Is there a bar in that area? Was 30 people an exaggeration? Was it a party or a meeting of sorts (did they all have shaved heads?)? :eek:

AD Mims Rd. parallels RR tracks. No bars AFAIK but looks like a large sports complex and definitely athletic fields (toward west end ~10700/10800 block). My guess is it was a bunch of people crossing at the same time after a game--as good an excuse as any to get drunk and rowdy, right... :rolleyes:

I met a friend of TO's during the search. She is a basket case over the fact she was at the TapRoom the night TO left with JH. She had spoken with JH that evening...She knows this guy from the BAR.... she said he is very charasmatic......she gave me her number and I do talk to her she calls me to talk in general....This girl is a mess and just needs someone to talk with she has a horrible family life. Another wonderful TES member I met lost a family member tragically and called the sheriff's office for this girl and they sent a counselor.....for anyone to talk because she is in no position to talk with a professional on her own.

If any of you guys have specific questions, please write them down and I will call this girl and ask her any questions you have about that night, or TO and their friendship. I will not be able to talk with her more than likely until Monday with the Holiday weekend. She is a very open person and is searching on her own with other friends of TO's.

Amylake, if you are local, call me and I will give you her number and maybe you guys can hook up.

Added July 2nd entry, another septic tank drained, no clues found.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/070209_Second_septic_tank_searched_for_clues

TIMELINE
  • 7/2/09
    Ocoee Police Dept. drained another septic tank at one of JVH's former residences (presumably 409 Lochmond Dr., Casselberry). This house and property has remained vacant since Hataway left the home and moved back in with his father on Lyle St. As w last week's tank inspection, this revealed no clues.
  • 6/24/09
    Ocoee police pump a septic tank at a home to which James Hataway has access, but found no clues in their search for Tracy Ocasio.
    A search of JVH's computers & CD's didn't reveal any information about Tracy's potential whereabouts
  • 6/20/09
    Texas EquuSearch wrapped up its search for Tracy Ocasio, having found no new leads.
  • 6/19/09
    Tracy’s family launched TracyOcasio.com to help generate new leads.
  • 6/18/09
    Ocoee police issued a warrant to seize material from James Hataway’s home related to the “dark arts.” Investigators said Hataway had deep interests in murder, suicide, cannibalism, vampires and serial killings.
  • 6/12/09
    Texas EquuSearch arrived in Central Florida to help look for Tracy Ocasio.
    James Hataway willingly provided a DNA sample to Ocoee police.
  • 6/11/09
    Police searched for clues in a wooded area where they said James Hataway used to visit and illegally dump debris he collected from a lakeside cleaning job.
  • 6/3/09
    A $5,000 reward was offered for information regarding Tracy Ocasio’s disapperance.
    Apopka police said James Hataway is connected to another missing person -- Onda Christopher George, 29, last seen 2/12/09.
  • 6/2/09
    Victim comes forward claiming JVH attempted to break her neck after giving him a ride home 8/2008 amid a goodnight hug. Victim escaped and JVH allegedly chased her down the street until her cries drew assistance from neighbors. LE couldn't locate JVH to follow-through with the 8/2008 assault until now. Hataway denied bond on drug charges.
  • 6/1/09
    Investigators named James Hataway, 28, a person of interest in Ocasio’s disapperance, identifying him as the last person seen with Ocasio, who gave him a ride home from the Florida Taproom.
    Hataway arrested Mon pm on unrelated drug paraphernalia charges (violating his parole conditions) at his Ocoee home.
    Search of his residence yielded nothing regarding Ocasio
  • 5/26/09
    Tracy Ocasio captured on surveillance video 1:30 am leaving Florida Taproom bar, in Orlando’s Metrowest district, with JVH.
    Tracy Ocasio's yellow 2005 Chevy Cobalt, discovered @ intersection of Franklin &
    Railroad tracks near Hataway's home later in the day.
    Ocasio's wallet, keys & cell phone are missing. (Ocasio did not carry a purse, only a wallet & cell phone).
    Cadaver K9's did not alert @ either JVH's residence or Ocasio's car
    House adjacent to abandoned car heard a car pull up and noted it was very 'late' for someone/kids to be getting home.
    Tracking K9's did not locate a trail @ either JVH's residence or Ocasio's car.
    Twilight on 5/27/09 was 6:04AM (heavy rains on 5/25 & 5/26).

WIDELY SPECULATED:
  • Ocasio involved in a scuffle outside the Tap Room w/ some members of Hutto family & JVH in April
  • Ocasio's car was found unlocked and both rear seats were leaned forward
  • Ocasio's car was found pointed nose-toward Franklin St. on the dirt path between the railroad tracks and the house on the southeast side of the intersection
  • JVH's father indicated JVH was @ home ~2:30AM
  • Ocasio's phone pinged ~4:30AM 5/27/09 when her phone made an attempted call to an unidentified 'friend'. No additional information has been released except that the friend did not answer the call.
  • Ocasio's phone pinged ~8:30AM 5/27/09 when her mother attempted to call her

PLAYERS TO DATE:
  • Tracy Ocasio
    White female , 27 years old
    Height: 5' 6"
    Weight: 124 lbs.
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Last seen wearing: black tank top, Blue jeans, green and white hat, black hooded jacket
    Last seen leaving Tap Room bar 5/27/09 w/ JVH
  • Arellano, Francisco- JVH's ex-roommate stated in interview JVH wanted to kill someone
  • Case, Amanda - mother of JVH's child
  • Clarke, Rachel M. - victim of JVH 8/2008. Gave JVH ride home from a bar and he attacked her in Fern Park area.
  • Gary, Heather - mother of Jeremiah Hutto's children
  • George, Onda Chris - friend of JVH, OCG last seen running from his white SUV Feb. 12 2009. Police also saw JVH and two other men emerging from woods near George's abandoned car on Ocoee-Apopka Rd. The three men claimed to be searching for their missing friend. Ground searches of the area and aerial search by helicopter turned up no clues. No missing person report filed initially not immediately & rigorously pursued due to being characterized as going on drug binges for days at a time. Later checking a pond and draining a pool also found no sign of George. LE re-examining the case after JVH connection made w/ OCG's SUV and Ocasio case. Thread for OCG linkhere.
  • Hataway, Donna - JVH's mother, estranged from JVH for a few years admits troubled past
  • Hataway, James Virgil - POI, got ride from victim & last person seen with victim via surveil video leaving Tap Room bar. Reportedly worked with Greg Toole removing debris and sometime personal trainer @ Cardio Club fitness located next to Tap Room bar
  • Hataway, Virgil - JVH's father, hearing impared & JVH lives with him
  • Hickox, Colt - friend of JVH, stated in media interview he considers JVH a "brother"
  • Hutto, Alicia - sister?
  • Hutto, Brandy? – sister
  • Hutto, Daniel Roswell - brother -*Long criminal history
  • Hutto, Jeremiah Blue – brother - Eldest Hutto brother long criminal history - 2 children Autumn & Cory.
  • Hutto, Paul Adam*– brother - Long criminal history
  • Kesse, Jennifer - missing in Orlando 1/2006, also patron of Tap Room bar and Cardio Club fitness center next door to TR bar. Case has 9 threads-to-date w/ latest discussion linked here.
  • Ocasio, Elizabeth "Liz"- victim's mother
  • Ocasio, Joseph "Joe" - victim's father
  • Sharpe, Justi- friend of JVH, dropped JVH @ Tap Room bar 5/27/09
  • Toole, Greg – S.O. and friend of JVH, worked with JVH in debris removal and on occasion @ Cardio Club fitness club as trainer. Lives ~1 mile from JVH.
  • Watters, Tyler - friend of JVH, also @ scene of LE discovering O.C. George’s SUV w/ JVH and one other UID* male
UID's to-date:
  • Lastname? Firstname? - Third male sighted by LE w/ O.C. George’s SUV w/ JVH and Tyler Watters
  • Lastname? Derrick - victim's ex-boyfriend
  • Lastname? Matt - friend of JVH, pictured on JVH's MySpace with bloodied hand and caption "R.I.P. P.S. 88"

Link to case Google Map showing points of interest in the case here.

Link to Onda "Chris" George Thread FL- Onda "Chris" George Last Seen Feb 12 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Link to Jennifer Kesse Thread FL-Jennifer Kesse, 24yo Orlando 1/24/2006 Missing Part # 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Another report on second tank inspection. Quite a resume this guy has... evidently when he wasn't dredging ponds for debris or passing the time at illegal dump sites, he was cleaning septiic tanks.

Investigators said they focused on septic tanks because Hataway once had a job cleaning them. They also said he once told an acquaintance that a septic tank would be a good place to hide a body...

Since Ocasio's disappearance, investigators have searched an illegal dumping area he frequented and a computer belonging to his father.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31713528/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/

http://www.wesh.com/news/19929765/detail.html

AD Mims Rd. parallels RR tracks. No bars AFAIK but looks like a large sports complex and definitely athletic fields (toward west end ~10700/10800 block). My guess is it was a bunch of people crossing at the same time after a game--as good an excuse as any to get drunk and rowdy, right... :rolleyes:

Yes, a sporting event would explain it. It is always when I get the most drunk and rowdy enough to beat passing vehicles for no reason. :rolleyes: Who does this guy think he is?! His sense of entitlement goes beyond anything I have ever seen (except for CA and CA). Maybe they should put his photo next to Casey's in the dictionary.

Were you able to type this with a straight face?

(P.S. I know the question was sincere, but still ...)
LOL Honestly, until Kiki answered it...I never thought about it. I did get quite a good laugh tho! Hahahahaha~

Chesterp, I would love to talk with Tracy's friend. It would mean a lot to me. Tracy is my niece. Joe is my brother. how can I give you my email address? I want to speak on the phone with Tracy's friend. Perhaps the administrator for this site can give you my email address. I would be most grateful if I could speak to the yound lady. I am a mother as well, so that I would like to help this girl out, in any way I could. Thanks for the opportunity in advance.

With the fear of been repetitious, forgive if I am, I am trying to communicate with chesterp. I would love to be able to talk to Tracy's friend. I am Tracy's aunt, and Joe's sister. I wish the administrator for websleuths would give you my email address. I would love to be able to speak to Tracy's friend so very much. I love my brother so very much, and his suffering is my suffering. I would love to talk to Tracy's friend through the phone and share with her some of the info I have, and exchange info with her. Please bot, give chesterp my email address. Last time I posted my email, I ended up getting lots of junk mail, but at the same time I met a wonderful person that I have come to learn some info from. Been able to communicate with this young lady means a lot to me. Please help me.

With the fear of been repetitious, forgive if I am, I am trying to communicate with chesterp. I would love to be able to talk to Tracy's friend. I am Tracy's aunt, and Joe's sister. I wish the administrator for websleuths would give you my email address. I would love to be able to speak to Tracy's friend so very much. I love my brother so very much, and his suffering is my suffering. I would love to talk to Tracy's friend through the phone and share with her some of the info I have, and exchange info with her. Please bot, give chesterp my email address. Last time I posted my email, I ended up getting lots of junk mail, but at the same time I met a wonderful person that I have come to learn some info from. Been able to communicate with this young lady means a lot to me. Please help me.
Hello, Calilady~ I will send a pm to Chesterp so she will be certain to see this when she checks in next. We will do anything we can to help you and your family.

Our hearts go out to all of you and particularly her parents. It is why we do what we do here. We only want to help the victims of these senseless crimes and bring our missing home. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Hugs~
SS~

Message sent, Calilady~

Welcome to WS! I am so sorry it has to be under such circumstances. Since you are new here, you don't have pm privileges yet. (It requires a certain number of posts first.)

Calilady - I just wanted to tell you how sorry weblseuthers are for what has happened in the disappearance of Traci. I pray for Traci and her parents, they deserve answers, and no one should go through what they are suffering. I moved away from Orlando just last year after living there almost 22 years. It is a wonderful city, with some wonderful people, but sadly, the growth has also included a growth in crime. I will keep your family in my prayers.

I sent you a pm last night and asked that you get a mod to help you. I will do what you request to help you get in touch with the friend. She was at the command center and searched with us. She did speak with the Ocasio's while she was there.

The case against JVH in Seminole (unrelated to criminal mischief charges in Orange)... I get the battery and false imprisonment charges, but is there anyone who can help me understand burglary and robbery charges? Assuming these were all in connection w the assault on Rachael stemming from the Aug. 08 incident (gee hard to keep all his cases straight...)

Case Number: 592009CF002737A Judge: MCINTOSH, DONNA L.
Defendant Name: JAMES HATAWAY
DOB: 11/1980
Proceeding: ARRAIGNMENT SET Courtroom: 1A
Court Date: 07-28-2009 Time: 01:30PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 BURGLARY OF A CONVEYANCE WITH A BATTERY
2 ROBBERY
3 FALSE IMPRISIONMENT
4 BATTERY

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail_5.jsp?CaseNo=592009CF002737A

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back