FL FL - Yessinia Suarez, 28, & 2 children, Deltona, 22 Oct 2013 #1 *L. Toledo guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does have them, I pray he is only holding them and will let them all go.
Even better I hope she has her and her children in a safe place.

The POI has quite the criminal record, however, it appears he was never convicted of anything. "Charges dropped" -- what gives? This is so wrong.

Prayers going out that she and her children are found safe.

"A Deltona man is now a "person of interest in the disappearance" of his wife and two children, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said this afternoon."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...g-mom-children-suarez-20131025,0,427703.story

From article: "Suarez's husband, Luis Toledo, 31, was arrested Wednesday and is being held in the Volusia County Branch Jail in Daytona Beach on a domestic violence battery charge. He slapped Suarez during an argument at her place of work on Tuesday, according to an arrrest report."

So, he is in jail...

I'm praying someone is hiding her and the children from him.

Mr Toledo needs to start talking, although he probably feels he will get off just like he has every other time. Disgusting.

I'm very confused about the timeline in this case. When is the last time she was seen?

Also:

"Police noted that they saw redness on Suarez's left cheek."

This sort of reads like LE talked to Suarez before she went missing but after the husband showed up at her work. So when did that happen?

I'm only going by the main OS article.

I'm very confused about the timeline in this case. When is the last time she was seen?

Also:

"Police noted that they saw redness on Suarez's left cheek."

This sort of reads like LE talked to Suarez before she went missing but after the husband showed up at her work. So when did that happen?

I'm only going by the main OS article.

On Tuesday, he smacked her when he visited her workplace at about 1:30 p.m. Police responded to the scene but he was gone. I suspect that they took a report.

School lets out at about 2 p.m., but some kids stay later if their parents are working. She may have picked up the kids or her parents may have picked up the kids. Her father said that his daughter gave him some candy corn and that was the last time he saw her. They were reported to have been seen Tuesday evening. So maybe they were at her parents' house. In my opinion, going to see mom and dad is a normal thing for a young lady to do when she is scared and upset. I read that a neighbor saw the little girl riding a scooter. It sounded like he was talking about Tuesday night.

On Wednesday, her mom went to the house when nobody was answering her daughter's phone. She discovered that nobody was home, and she called in the police. They responded. While police were at the house on Wednesday, Toledo showed up. Police learned that he was wanted in the next county for the domestic abuse. So they called Lake Mary police, and he was placed under arrest.

However...he is being held in Volusia County; not in Seminole County. Lake Mary is in Seminole County. So Volusia either arrested him for Lake Mary or Volusia has other charges pending. I read that he was supposed to make an appearance today at 1:30. But I haven't read about the results of that appearance. I suspect that he may be charged with additional crimes.

It appears her and her parents are close so it worries me that she has not contacted her parents. I was hoping she was hiding out but this is not sounding good. I have had to leave in the middle of the night with my kids once my abusive husband went to sleep and hide out from him but not once did my parents not know where I was.
I'm worried about her and makes me sick if he hurt her and those babies.
I'm praying.

Okay, I drove by her home at around 2:00pm. There is still crime scene tape up. One squad car and one reporter that I saw at that time.

Her back yard directly faces a 4 lane road, and she has no fence. Directly across the street is woods and a retention pond. I drove past the woods area over and over and over looking for disturbed brush but couldn't see any from my car. No one (including LE) is searching the woods or retention pond. Could that be because one of her cars was found in Lake Mary? Are they searching there? I just got home so I haven't heard anything new on the news...

All JMO

I am relieved to hear that LE were in the home early on in this investigation. It sounds like whatever happened, LE is on top of it. I am impressed with their quick response.

Thank you to both locals reporting!! :gthanks:

It would seem odd that she would run away with her children and not tell her parents. I hope she is safe.

It would seem odd that she would run away with her children and not tell her parents. I hope she is safe.

A reason she would is not to involve her parents. Maybe she thinks she is protecting them from getting in the middle and if stays away from them then her husband will leave them alone. Just a thought.
Trying to stay hopeful.

This story says the POI was a "known gang member".

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/hu...est/-/1637132/22614840/-/riichuz/-/index.html

And this may have been posted above (I can't remember, lol) but here it says evidence that might be linked was found in dumpsters in Sanford:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/search-underway-missing-endangered-deltona-mother-/nbXD8/

Btw, I'm not sure which Publix in Lake Mary it is where the one car was found. But, I frequent the Publix on Reinhart Road and it's a straight shot from there to Sanford. Of course, it could be another Publix where the car was found--no media has said which Publix (that I know of).

A reason she would is not to involve her parents. Maybe she thinks she is protecting them from getting in the middle and if stays away from them then her husband will leave them alone. Just a thought.
Trying to stay hopeful.

I hope so, Davia! But this isn't looking good... :(

Oops. I double-posted.

I am not surprised to hear that he is a gang member given his arrest history. It seems there are two kinds of gang members in this area. There are those small-time thugs who are part of some local, loosely organized gang of miscreants. And there are those who are involved with serious criminal syndicates. Recently, there was a story about a guy living here who is wanted for something like genocidal killings in Central or South America. I have heard of gang members who are part of statewide or national networks, too. If she went into hiding, then he may be involved in the latter.

I wonder which Publix her car was found at in Lake Mary? There are like 3 near her place of work. I googled the company name/address and found the map.

I read above that the father saw Yessinia when she gave him some candy corn. Was that after work? Did they pick the kids up from school and she went there to pick them up? A lot of questions unanswered. But I'm wondering if she met up with Luis after work because he called her and they met at Publix and she drove with him.

It is just odd that the car was in Lake Mary and there are 3 publix (including one on the way back to Deltona) in close vicinity of her work. If the dad did see her after work I'm sure he would have told LE this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz